Sponsored

Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Here is how I mounted the 4+ controller with a belt clip from an old tape measure.

20231210_151542.jpg
Much if any wiggle/play when you toggle the switches? That is a great mount point.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Received my mounts for my 4Bangers. They look awesome.

Can't wait to install. I'm laid up with a herniated disc... the parts in the garage are starting to pile up. 😢

OP
OP
skookumracing

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW i3, Volvo V90 CC
Occupation
Engineer
the remote switch for the Trigger 4Plus is the one thing that could be better.. On mine the switches dont toggle well and take a bit of force... I plan to take mine apart see what options there are to repackage with different switches and housing....

Sponsored

tek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Loving the new mounts!
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller PXL_20240110_031946780

(Removed the yellow film on the OEM fog lights once everything tested out clean.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
skookumracing

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Last edited:

Iamuwere

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I just finished the install of the 2Bangers spots on the sOOnish ditch lights and the 4Banger combo yellow on the grill brackets controlled by the Tirgger4

pretty clean install

added to the EVsportline R800 makes a good and functional look.

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller 1705772853272

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller 1705772865578

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I just finished the install of the 2Bangers spots on the sOOnish ditch lights and the 4Banger combo yellow on the grill brackets controlled by the Tirgger4

pretty clean install

added to the EVsportline R800 makes a good and functional look.

1705772853272.jpeg

1705772865578.jpeg
I think this is the exact path I’m gonna take move my four bangers (combo) down to the grill mounts and buy a set of two bangers (wide/flood) to use as actual ditch lights pointing more outward. Glad to see what it looks like.

Iamuwere

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I think this is the exact path I’m gonna take move my four bangers (combo) down to the grill mounts and buy a set of two bangers (wide/flood) to use as actual ditch lights pointing more outward. Glad to see what it looks like.
Yeah the combo/yellow/4banger didn’t work well up on the ditch light brackets. It lit the hood more than the road. The spots do great up there and I think the profile looks better

Sponsored

R1SKY

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE, 2010 GT3, 1966 GT 289
Clubs

Darn I just found this thread, I probably would have used these mounts instead. I ended up using the stock Morimoto mounts with a carriage bolt and it's held up well.

I tried the combo 4B in the grill and wasn't a fan of the pattern at that height so I switched to the wide pattern. Also mounted a pair of wide and combo beam 2Bs on the roof.

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller R1S HH12.23

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
For folks that are wiring up DiodeDynamics SS3 lights -- are you sourcing plugs that are compatible with the SS3 socket? I noticed the Trigger 4 Plus comes with 4 harnesses to run to accessories, but wasn't sure if everyone's making one of them into a Y harness to go to the pair of fogs or not.

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Darn I just found this thread, I probably would have used these mounts instead. I ended up using the stock Morimoto mounts with a carriage bolt and it's held up well.

I tried the combo 4B in the grill and wasn't a fan of the pattern at that height so I switched to the wide pattern. Also mounted a pair of wide and combo beam 2Bs on the roof.

R1S HH12.23.png
Any pics of your carriage bolt mount set up?

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Say, is it possible to use the backlight option? Looks like SS3 provides a harness with the pods, but would it be usable with the trigger4? I'm guessing it would have to use all four of the switches for the two pods. Two for the light and two for a backlight?

OP
OP
skookumracing

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Say, is it possible to use the backlight option? Looks like SS3 provides a harness with the pods, but would it be usable with the trigger4? I'm guessing it would have to use all four of the switches for the two pods. Two for the light and two for a backlight?
If you want to use the SS3s with the back light option you will need to use 2 of the 4 channels of the Trigger 4Plus.
SS3s come with a connector pigtail. I used 14ga wire to extend up to the trigger 4Plus and a wye to connect one pair of lights to one channel. You would duplicate this to power and control the backlight using a total of 2 channels of the trigger 4plus

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...r-4plus-wireless-controller.21824/post-460030
Sponsored