LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Nice! Do you have a link for the wireless switch or any info for the install?
I would definitely be interested in the metal. I’ll shoot over a dm!
This is the one I purchased, but there are many out there. YETOR Remote Control Switch, DC 12V/24V/48V/72V Wireless Switch for Anti-Theft Alarms, Security Systems Roller Lind Door. https://a.co/d/8wgjglK
Looks amazing. I might buy that light bar. Do you have any glare in the car itself when they are on? OR is it far enough forward that it doesnt come in the sunroof?
Honestly, there is a little glare but I think it's more off the hood. I put an aero cover over the light bar to reduce wind noise and that seemed to help as the bottom is shaded a little.
Sponsored

NJRivianR1S

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This is the one I purchased, but there are many out there. YETOR Remote Control Switch, DC 12V/24V/48V/72V Wireless Switch for Anti-Theft Alarms, Security Systems Roller Lind Door. https://a.co/d/8wgjglK

Honestly, there is a little glare but I think it's more off the hood. I put an aero cover over the light bar to reduce wind noise and that seemed to help as the bottom is shaded a little.
How much would you charge for those brackets? They look great.

Do you think the light is really 50,000 lumens as advertised on amazon?

IGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
I make things
Clubs

Nice. I ran the 9-light KC Pro Gravity on my Raptor and loved it. The wind noise sucked, but it was worth it. I’d hopped to do something similar on the R1T. Unfortunately, the hit to aero running them all the time would suck (on top of the wind noise). Will follow to see how you handle quick disconnect and using the load bar for mount/dismount as needed.
I agree, so far the light output is great on those, can't wait to test them in the field.
For quick disconnect I am using Delphi-style connectors because wiring kit already came pre wired with those. The important part is to avoid cheap knockoffs from the Amazon, but get it from reputable sources like McMaster.

Also, I anticipate the wind noise to be significant, however placing the lightbar farther back should reduce it.

Ill be sure post updates if people are interested.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

How much would you charge for those brackets? They look great.

Do you think the light is really 50,000 lumens as advertised on amazon?
I picked up a lumens tester but haven't had the opportunity to actually test it. I do know it's dang bright. Btw, it states 90k lumens. I do know that the draw is current. The light bar and wireless switch pull about 110w total.

NJRivianR1S

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I picked up a lumens tester but haven't had the opportunity to actually test it. I do know it's dang bright. Btw, it states 90k lumens. I do know that the draw is current. The light bar and wireless switch pull about 110w total.
How can i get a set of your brackets? Love the way they came out

Sponsored

NJRivianR1S

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
How did you connect in the wireless switch? Did you cut the wired switch off the end and wire it in that way?

IGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
I make things
Clubs

How did you connect in the wireless switch? Did you cut the wired switch off the end and wire it in that way?
Pretty much like that. Although I wouldn't recombed doing it yourself if you don't have some experience.

Rivian doesn't provide any supporting material, and they are likely to implement changes without notice, like when they switched from two batteries to single with a capacitor.

Its an aftermarket nightmare.

I will try to document it the best I can, but big emphasis on YMMV

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Just an FYI, I made several sets of brackets since a couple guys here wanted to get some. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I like this idea. I think I will go to something like the Ohmmu batteries if I decide to do something similar.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I made the bracket to mount them, that you see in my photos. I own a metal shop and can make sets for anyone that wants them.
Do you still have any of those brackets?
Sponsored