Sponsored

Montreal service center location is confirmed!

steilkurve

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2022 Model S, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Just dropped by. Tried to take a photo but the reflection in the window made it impossible to see anything. That said, I could see at least 4 R1 vehicles in the room behind the front one with the seating area.

I assume those are the ones brought in recently and referenced above and shown on Facebook. I could identify a blue R1S and a white R1T. There was a grey vehicle just unsure if T or S. The other one was too much in the dark to identify.

Anyone got a delivery date?

Or would these be for test drives?

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Just dropped by. Tried to take a photo but the reflection in the window made it impossible to see anything. That said, I could see at least 4 R1 vehicles in the room behind the front one with the seating area.

I assume those are the ones brought in recently and referenced above and shown on Facebook. I could identify a blue R1S and a white R1T. There was a grey vehicle just unsure if T or S. The other one was too much in the dark to identify.

Anyone got a delivery date?

Or would these be for test drives?
Toronto and Calgary started test drives way after deliveries right? Id say for deliveries...

Deleted member 16060

Agree. Best bet is they are piling up R1s ahead of deliveries.

Front is a lounge where they could also display véhicules.

2nd room is a clean showroom-like space with offices. Almost certainly where customer handovers will happen.

After that is the repair space with lifts, parts storage, then a massive interior parking.

Chargers are scattered about.

Hopefully no more #$@% bottles of vitamins until delivery.

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Agree. Best bet is they are piling up R1s ahead of deliveries.

Front is a lounge where they could also display véhicules.

2nd room is a clean showroom-like space with offices. Almost certainly where customer handovers will happen.

After that is the repair space with lifts, parts storage, then a massive interior parking.

Chargers are scattered about.

Hopefully no more #$@% bottles of vitamins until delivery.
Giving them lots of credit here haha. The center in Toronto has all this space as well.

The delivery was done outside in the rain, no showroom space nothing, certainly would have been nice to have a walk around my new vehicle in a dry holding area where I could look it over.

We sat down at a table, they said, sign this one piece of paper and handed me the keys and that was it.

Sponsored

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual | 2022 R1T Quad
Giving them lots of credit here haha. The center in Toronto has all this space as well.

The delivery was done outside in the rain, no showroom space nothing, certainly would have been nice to have a walk around my new vehicle in a dry holding area where I could look it over.

We sat down at a table, they said, sign this one piece of paper and handed me the keys and that was it.
That’s how it was in Boston. Delivery outside but documents are signed inside. Also from what I heard this is not the long term location.

steilkurve

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got this.

Image 2024-03-22 Ă  17.22.jpg
I'm waiting for the next email where they tell me this was sent in error. LOL

For those wondering, I am reservation holder that hasn't been invited to configure yet. I assume all/some of those who have configured are getting their deliveries soon ahead of the plant shut down?

And for folks like me, how much stock can there be in the R1 shop? Custom will be down for all. Won't it be a mad rush to grab what's there?

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm waiting for the next email where they tell me this was sent in error. LOL

For those wondering, I am reservation holder that hasn't been invited to configure yet. I assume all/some of those who have configured are getting their deliveries soon ahead of the plant shut down?

And for folks like me, how much stock can there be in the R1 shop? Custom will be down for all. Won't it be a mad rush to grab what's there?
Nope. Ive had my custom order unchanged since feb 2019 and just got the same message…

steilkurve

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nope. Ive had my custom order unchanged since feb 2019 and just got the same message…
Wow. You're a 2019 reservation holder and you won't get to place a custom order until (hopefully) later this summer? I wonder, are there any QC reservation holders that are going to get a custom order before they shut down the plant? And again, what volume of inventory will be left in the shop by May for those invited which sounds like pretty much everybody!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MontrealRivian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Wow. You're a 2019 reservation holder and you won't get to place a custom order until (hopefully) later this summer? I wonder, are there any QC reservation holders that are going to get a custom order before they shut down the plant? And again, what volume of inventory will be left in the shop by May for those invited which sounds like pretty much everybody!
First post. Montreal early rezy holder here.
Chatted with Rivian today, does not sound promising for custom orders.
Sounds like we will be subject to the shop inventory, with no details provided on when they will open it up to us. The discount/voucher looks appealing, but without having access to shop, it's hard to determine if we're in a better position or worse.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First post. Montreal early rezy holder here.
Chatted with Rivian today, does not sound promising for custom orders.
Sounds like we will be subject to the shop inventory, with no details provided on when they will open it up to us. The discount/voucher looks appealing, but without having access to shop, it's hard to determine if we're in a better position or worse.
The discount voucher at 28% represents close to a 2k increase to try to re-create a loaded R1S launch edition… I hope Rivian fixes this in the next few weeks - feels like a raw deal to loose LEs and get a price increase while late US costumers arE getting LEs with crazy lease rebates.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see a lot of canadians saying they got 29% - anyone else with 28%? The optimist in me has a theory as to why there could be 2 numbers...

OP
OP

Interger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Rivian!
I see a lot of canadians saying they got 29% - anyone else with 28%? The optimist in me has a theory as to why there could be 2 numbers...
I just checked my account and my voucher is 27%… I’m a 2021 order so not LE (did have to pay extra to get 22s but the Ocean Coast was free…). I still have to calculate if the number makes sense based on current pricing for a new build.

Will be interesting to see if they adjust voucher pricing as we go to continue matching final purchase price with your original configuration or not.

I think the voucher system could become interesting for someone who was interested in switching to a DM config. With the original pricing, you could only downgrade to PDM for a 700$ discount, which was a horrible deal.

OP
OP

Interger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Rivian!
Well, I went back to check the difference between my original order price for a Quad-Large-22-FG-OC and ran the configurator this morning and the price difference is nowhere near the proposed voucher (106k vs 146k).

Anyone managed to get a sense of how the voucher percentage was calculated and if it makes sense for them? Maybe the shop prices will be lower than the configurator prices I can see on the website this morning?
Sponsored