Sponsored

My R1S SUV suffered hail damage during delivery from Illinois to the Toronto service center

paranee2

First Name
Parani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My R1S SUV suffered hail damage during delivery from Illinois to the Toronto service center. Before I pick it up, what should I do? They told me they will send it to a body shop for repairs. Do you think it's better to repair it and then pick it up
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If it were mine I would definitely let them do their thing before I take it home. They will make sure it's all good as new before handing it off to you. Otherwise you are accepting the damaged truck. Whenever your new delivery day is, I would make sure I give it a closer look than if that had not happened, that is for sure...

OP
OP

paranee2

First Name
Parani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
They promised me they will fix it and ensure it looks good. My question is, will these repairs cause any long-term issues such as rusting?

Or request a new vehicle, which will take another month or so

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
They promised me they will fix it and ensure it looks good. My question is, will these repairs cause any long-term issues such as rusting?

Or request a new vehicle, which will take another month or so
I would honestly probably bail on the VIN and ask to be reassigned to the next available.

Sure, Rivian should be able to get it back to factory specs before delivery, but it's always going to be on the back of your mind now that you know it happened & I'd personally want more piece of mind when I sign that $100k check.

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
Ask for a new one….. some one at some point will look up the VIN and depreciate the value due to hail damage if you try to trade it in

Sponsored

OP
OP

paranee2

First Name
Parani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Wow, I didn't know this goes into the record. The dealer never mentioned it. She just said it was casual, so I thought it wasn't a big deal. If it's going into the history, it's definitely a big issue. I can't believe a newly arrived Rivian would deceive loyal customers like this.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I am sure they will get it fixed, correctly, but I would probably ask for a new one.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Wow, I didn't know this goes into the record. The dealer never mentioned it. She just said it was casual, so I thought it wasn't a big deal. If it's going into the history, it's definitely a big issue. I can't believe a newly arrived Rivian would deceive loyal customers like this.
In most US states it will not be on any record but I don’t know how Canadian law works. Repairs made prior to sale are not required to be disclosed to anyone, buyer included, when repair costs are under an amount set by individual state law.

DRJ564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
My R1S SUV suffered hail damage during delivery from Illinois to the Toronto service center. Before I pick it up, what should I do? They told me they will send it to a body shop for repairs. Do you think it's better to repair it and then pick it up
Have you seen the damage? If it’s real bad, like busted out windows and such, I wouldn’t take it. If its a few dings, pointless dent repair will take care of it and you will never know it was there. As far as I know, there would be no record for this kind of damage.

OP
OP

paranee2

First Name
Parani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Have you seen the damage? If it’s real bad, like busted out windows and such, I wouldn’t take it. If its a few dings, pointless dent repair will take care of it and you will never know it was there. As far as I know, there would be no record for this kind of damage.
She told me there's hail damage that you won't notice unless you look at it from an angle, but she said they sent it to the body shop. I told her I needed to inspect the vehicle first before sending it to the body shop so that I would know how bad the damage is. However, she said they had already sent it. I will only see it after it comes back from the body shop. What should I do? I don't know how bad the damage is.

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Do they offer a discount?

I mean its likely in some areas in North America to simply get hail damage again.

So it might as well come with "damaged, but fixed" from the factory. :)

Certainly a small discount won't hurt Rivian just to be done with it.

DRJ564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
She told me there's hail damage that you won't notice unless you look at it from an angle, but she said they sent it to the body shop. I told her I needed to inspect the vehicle first before sending it to the body shop so that I would know how bad the damage is. However, she said they had already sent it. I will only see it after it comes back from the body shop. What should I do? I don't know how bad the damage is.
Ask if you can go see it at the body shop. Most likely if they are fixing it using PDR it’s no big deal, iIf she is being truthful.

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Reject.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1S
There are plenty, wait for a pristine one.

If Carfax Canada gets a repair report from the body shop then it will have a tarnished history from day one. In my eyes the only thing worse was if Rivian didn’t disclose the repair and delivered the vehicle.
Sponsored