doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

Both of mine are still on V03.00.30. Never got any update since original installations over a year ago.
Both show the voltage & current on the app while charging, but no real useful info.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What version do you have? My V8 is the new software while and older V7 is the 03.01.47 software. Look at the last two digits of the model number.
Jesus, how new is your V8? I've got a V3...

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Jesus, how new is your V8? I've got a V3...
I've got a v3 as well, but we're a couple of OGs.

I'm on 03.04.09 anyway...

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
Both of mine are still on V03.00.30. Never got any update since original installations over a year ago.
Both show the voltage & current on the app while charging, but no real useful info.
Nothingā€˜s changed on that front. Ours is on 03.01.47 and itā€™s the same. From what others have saying the latest is nothing new. Still just V & A. Iā€™d love to see some charge history with monthly totals, even being able to enter estimated per kW rate to project cost would be nice. As is Iā€˜ve been tracking it all offline. What really bad is with the Rivian charger I have to rely on what the R1Tā€˜s charge data is and log it BEFORE I unplug it to capture a more precise energy delivered value. After I unplug I have to go into History and then itā€™s just total rounded to the nearest whole kW. Neither is actually an accurate value of what was actually delivered. Itā€™s only a representation of what the vehicle reads was delivered.

Wallbox and ChargeBox actually report what power was delivered (tracked by the current and voltage that goes through them.

OP
OP

Christos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I agree with the estimated cost, and a monthly break down. They should implement a section where you can adjust and enter your specific energy cost as it varies with time and location.

sccmexpert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition - Glacier White/Black Mountain
Occupation
Principal Engineer
I noticed one of my chargers updated itself to 03.04.09. Is there any info on the update?

The reason I was checking was because another charger is stuck on the 03.01.47. I tried cycling the breaker but to no avail. The charger works perfectly though. Any thoughts on how to force and update?
Sadly, mine is on 3.00.30 My model is V7.

Scotsol

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW M3
Clubs

My V7 is on V03.01.49, I did get one update since installation 2+ years ago. The variations in versions might have something to do with hardware, either in vehicle or the charger itself.

Sponsored

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
What version do you have? My V8 is the new software while and older V7 is the 03.01.47 software. Look at the last two digits of the model number.
Mine is V7 with 03-01-49. Got mine in 8/2022.

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
I agree with the estimated cost, and a monthly break down. They should implement a section where you can adjust and enter your specific energy cost as it varies with time and location.
Iā€™d submitted that feedback to them via RivIan app. Hopefully itā€™s something that makes their roadmap. Thereā€™s little point to be worrying about fw updates for it if itā€™s just a dummy unit much like Grizzl-E or other basic EVSE available. For the price I would expect more than just Voltage and Amperage display tucked away in the Rivian app. Even they had used simple LCD display on the unit, it could have been half the price. Actually a really cool feature I wish it had is the ability to daisy chain just like a Wallbox. It why we also got a Wallbox (future proofing) at our ski place. Costco occasionally has great deal on them for $425.

BobinIndy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '54 Jaguar XK120
Occupation
Program Manager - Consumer Electronics/Mfg.
Clubs

Mine just automatically updated to v03.04.09 (noticed the light was blue). The white light while in standby seems dimmer after the update, or I could be imagining that (I know some thought the various lights were too bright, so maybe that was one of the changes).
Sponsored