First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I am 100% certain you will get the same news sOOn...

Bummer. Guess my only saving grace is my high spot on the pre-order list aha. And even then, won’t save me from supply issues sadly
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
but… but…. deliveries started and there are no communication issues… everything is perfect…
Literally nobody has said there are no communication issues since 2019ish.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I was just told by my Guide today that my new estimated delivery is by the end of February, 2022. Changed from October, 2021. *Supply chain constraints Prioritizing employee deliveries were quoted as the number one contributor.
Fixed it for you!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
So this is interesting. They have in the S1 that they've planned to deliver a bunch of trucks this year still. I can't imagine you're that far down the list of deliveries, so it seems like there is a discrepancy between the S1 and info from the guide.

I'm gonna get hit by a big ol Lightning decision here soon, which becomes much harder to ignore without formal guidance from Rivian as to what *year* o can reasonably expect an R1T.

Glad I bought my ID.4!

Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Fixed it for you!
Nope. With the small numbers of employee deliveries, this isn't the major contributor. A contributor, yes, but far from the only one.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
So this is interesting. They have in the S1 that they've planned to deliver a bunch of trucks this year still. I can't imagine you're that far down the list of deliveries, so it seems like there is a discrepancy between the S1 and info from the guide.

I'm gonna get hit by a big ol Lightning decision here soon, which becomes much harder to ignore without formal guidance from Rivian as to what *year* o can reasonably expect an R1T.

Glad I bought my ID.4!
I imagine there will be constraints from all manufacturers going forward.

Really wish Rivian had gone higher end with their voltage and cellular/WiFi tech. It’s going to be outdated when people get their vehicles in 2 years

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Thank you for posting this. Easy decision to not risk investing in the IPO. May I ask your rough order number based on the logic that’s been widely accepted on the forum? Really disappointing

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I imagine there will be constraints from all manufacturers going forward.

Really wish Rivian had gone higher end with their voltage and cellular/WiFi tech. It’s going to be outdated when people get their vehicles in 2 years
Agreed. Positive spin, maybe by the time they get ton us the trucks wil have 800v and 5g!

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Literally nobody has said there are no communication issues since 2019ish.
Ah, but when I said that there was obviously delivery delays and all I wanted was honest communication about it like the previous delays, the overwhelming response was… “everything is according to plan”. Employees first, us sOOn.

Everyone can continue to stick their heads in the sand, but I suspect we will all eventually realize we have lived / are living through a 1.5 year delay where Rivian, through incompetence or intentions, strung everyone along.

And I know they said in Spring 2022 so this is all on schedule…. :angry:

Last edited:

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
Oh man, so if October is now February is end of Spring now October 2022 for LE delivery completion? Based on how this is going we likely haven’t seen the end of the delays either. I clearly need to adjust my expectations substantially, since I probably have 12 months to wait for something I ordered in early 2019 ?

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
Nope. With the small numbers of employee deliveries, this isn't the major contributor. A contributor, yes, but far from the only one.
How do we really know how many employees will buy one?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I was just told by my Guide today that my new estimated delivery is by the end of February, 2022. Changed from October, 2021. *Supply chain constraints were quoted as the number one contributor.
I would have put him on the spot. When did he find out about the delay? Just last week he told you that you were still on schedule for Oct. Something changed in the last few days to push it forward 4 months?

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
They are dealing with the Magnesium issue like every other manufacturer that uses aluminum or countless other things that require it for production
Sponsored