First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Accord hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Just saw this. An alternative to Snapplate.

Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I e-mailed these guys some weeks ago as to when/whether they were taking orders. No response so far. Rivian Tow Hook License Plate Mount | brainexplodermerch Looking at my cart, doesn't look like it is currently a real product, one you can buy (update below):
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder 1658696945817

I went ahead and got SnapPlate, but would rather have this. The SnapPlate impact on the front camera is livable, but annoying.

I went in, deleted my cart, and added it back. No longer shows up as pre-order:
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder 1658697262905

Still bugs me that they never responded to my inquiry but I suppose I'll order one.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I e-mailed these guys some weeks ago as to when/whether they were taking orders. No response so far. Rivian Tow Hook License Plate Mount | brainexplodermerch Looking at my cart, doesn't look like it is currently a real product, one you can buy (update below):
1658696945817.png

I went ahead and got SnapPlate, but would rather have this. The SnapPlate impact on the front camera is livable, but annoying.

1658697262905.png

Still bugs me that they never responded to my inquiry but I suppose I'll order one.
I like that. I just wish they had a single screw to put through the plate holder and their bracket. I suppose I can drill something into that part.

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I like that. I just wish they had a single screw to put through the plate holder and their bracket. I suppose I can drill something into that part.
They do have the screw. I ordered two Thursdays ago and received it this past week.

Here's a picture of it.
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder 20220719_205338

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I'll want to use a 'security screw', one with a less than usual head pattern. Probably overcautious on my part...

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

They do have the screw. I ordered two Thursdays ago and received it this past week.

Here's a picture of it.
20220719_205338.jpg
OK, cool deal man.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

1658696945817.png

1658697262905.png

This thing is an absolute winner!!!!

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
Looks pretty sweet, but would prefer if it had more than a snap holding it on. As ridiculous as it sounds, license plate theft is a real issue in my neck of the woods. Still don’t like the idea of drilling though, so maybe worth it…

phantomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y, R1T
I’ve had this mount on my truck for a couple of weeks. I haven’t noticed any difference with my sensors or camera.

As for worries about theft, I don’t think that will be a problem. There is a set screw that will lock the plate in so it can’t be unclipped. That being said, I tried the clip before I put on the plate and it came off fine. I could not get it to unclip again. Not at all. So if you want to unclip it for whatever reason it’s not going to happen if your clip is like mine. I don’t need to take mine off, but if I do it will be a full unscrewing situation.

Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder 1BBFB688-B86E-4FD8-913E-96091AC0A2A4
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder F0A13DF0-E096-423D-B7BD-F87FAE84DABB

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Ordered…

Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
How do you access the screw holding the plate in once the bracket is attached to the recovery hook? It seems like there isn't any room tool access.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
How do you access the screw holding the plate in once the bracket is attached to the recovery hook? It seems like there isn't any room tool access.
I believe you would need to attach plate to bracket with screw first then attach bracket to tow hook with second screw (and long screwdriver) next.

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Hmm, I just put the snap plate on yesterday but I like this one better. That ghosted "wall" that shows up on the screen is a little annoying.
Sponsored