Sponsored

New Interior Leather Dash Color Options!

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV
Did this just get added? Also looks like some of my gear may have changed? Crossbars and spare went away on their own. So may be good to double check yours!

Rivian R1T R1S New Interior Leather Dash Color Options! 1665699048330
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Yes, Tony mentioned the "leather" dash options were coming when he announced the wood change to Ocean Coast earlier this year.

Unfortunately it appears they are limited to Adventure trims. It's not showing the option on my Launch Edition. My wife wants the full white dash. I asked my guide about it, but she's off for the day.

OP
OP

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV
Yes, Tony mentioned the "leather" dash options were coming when he announced the wood change to Ocean Coast earlier this year.

Unfortunately it appears they are limited to Adventure trims. It's not showing the option on my Launch Edition. My wife wants the full white dash. I asked my guide about it, but she's off for the day.
I think I must have read over that. Did you notice any of your adventure gear change after they removed the kitchen, tent, and shuttle? Im curious if I may have just removed my cargo bars w/o realizing or if others had the option unselect as well

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Just checked my config. Everything is in place as I previously left it.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I think I must have read over that. Did you notice any of your adventure gear change after they removed the kitchen, tent, and shuttle? Im curious if I may have just removed my cargo bars w/o realizing or if others had the option unselect as well
If I edit my config it does remove the adventure gear for some reason, but the overview screen before clicking "Update Configuration" still shows it as configured.

Sponsored

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

If I go into the "update configuration" they are not selected, but if I look at my build and scroll don to the list of options, they are listed...not sure which one is correct.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Any time I’ve updated my config I think I’ve had to re-add all the extras (like spare tire / cross bars etc).

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Teslas, Future: 2023 Lightning Lariat, R1T

I would strongly recommend against getting an all white dash in anything. It produces horrible glares off of the windshield and I don't know anybody who's custom wrapped a dash full white and not regretted the decision.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I would strongly recommend against getting an all white dash in anything. It produces horrible glares off of the windshield and I don't know anybody who's custom wrapped a dash full white and not regretted the decision.
The top of the dash pad is still black. The white portions are inward-facing, not upward.

We had a white dash on our Velar which was at a much steeper rake and had no issues with glare.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
huh so the only upgrade interior is FE? My confide is showing OC with wood or not as included

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
huh so the only upgrade interior is FE? My confide is showing OC with wood or not as included
OC was always included in the pre march pricing. I think post March its an add on over BM. No idea on the leather wrapped options, but I figure those are cheaper than the wood anyways.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Teslas, Future: 2023 Lightning Lariat, R1T
The top of the dash pad is still black. The white portions are inward-facing, not upward.

We had a white dash on our Velar which was at a much steeper rake and had no issues with glare.
Good to know. Whenever somebody says all-white dash I sort of picture in all-white dash. Just trying to prevent somebody from making an expensive decision that they'll probably regret.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
OC was always included in the pre march pricing. I think post March its an add on over BM. No idea on the leather wrapped options, but I figure those are cheaper than the wood anyways.
ah i always thought OC was an upgrade

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Would be curious to hear from current owners if they would stick with the wood dash or opt for the leather had it been an option. Mainly interested in opinions on how the wood dash is holding up so far and whether or not it's difficult to clean and maintain.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Would be curious to hear from current owners if they would stick with the wood dash or opt for the leather had it been an option. Mainly interested in opinions on how the wood dash is holding up so far and whether or not it's difficult to clean and maintain.
I imagine if it ever gets damaged it can be replaced with the leather dash, if the wood cracks due to manufacturing defect etc could be replaced with leather dash. Dont see the downside of the wood unless leather is preferred.
Sponsored