Sponsored

Any New SR or SR+ R1T or R1S Delivered

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Standard pack picked up today. Service center confirmed standard and standard plus have the same physical battery, standard is software limited.

IMG_4055.jpeg
IMG_4056.jpeg
So to confirm, a Standard pack charged to 100% is really a Standard+ pack charged to 85%, right? So regardless of battery chemistry, you could safely charge to 100% on the regular, and a routine 70% capacity charge would be 80% on the Standard.
Sponsored

EvAdventure13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So to confirm, a Standard pack charged to 100% is really a Standard+ pack charged to 85%, right? So regardless of battery chemistry, you could safely charge to 100% on the regular, and a routine 70% capacity charge would be 80% on the Standard.
He wouldn’t commit to that. He told me it is the same battery pack as the standard plus. I also asked him if thr DCFC curve would be faster to 100% on the standard battery and he said no which I don’t understand. Will just have to wait for more testing I guess to know for sure.

my drive home from the SC was 31 miles and the battery only showed a consumption of 30 miles. This was mixed city and highway trip. Coming from a model Y this is refreshing. My model y is rated for 290 miles and realistically does 250.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

He wouldn’t commit to that. He told me it is the same battery pack as the standard plus. I also asked him if thr DCFC curve would be faster to 100% on the standard battery and he said no which I don’t understand. Will just have to wait for more testing I guess to know for sure.

my drive home from the SC was 31 miles and the battery only showed a consumption of 30 miles. This was mixed city and highway trip. Coming from a model Y this is refreshing. My model y is rated for 290 miles and realistically does 250.
Rivian range is very accurate. Their deliveries dates, not so much.

Rivian s00n.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Can you hop into the Service system and see what the battery shows? Go to Service tab, enable Service mode, tap the bottom black area 5 times, tap 5 times on the screen, type in 33748 (pretty sure?) and go to BMS.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
We don't know if they just cut off capacity at the top, or split it top and bottom. For example, it could have 10% buffer on top and 6% on the bottom for increased battery longevity. Although, that would mean you could get stranded on the side of the road with available charge that you can't use. Not really different in total energy available, but psychologically different.

Sponsored

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
Standard pack picked up today. Service center confirmed standard and standard plus have the same physical battery, standard is software limited.

IMG_4055.jpeg
IMG_4056.jpeg
Can you get a picture of the stickers inside the driver door?
I'm really curious about the weight by knowing the carrying capacity difference.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

We don't know if they just cut off capacity at the top, or split it top and bottom. For example, it could have 10% buffer on top and 6% on the bottom for increased battery longevity. Although, that would mean you could get stranded on the side of the road with available charge that you can't use. Not really different in total energy available, but psychologically different.
Right, that's why I'm curious to see the BMS page. Here's a picture of mine (early 2022 QM/Large) and what might explain some things to us, I'm curious if this % matches the dash, but it would also help to see the same on a Standard+ :
Rivian R1T R1S Any New SR or SR+ R1T or R1S Delivered 1000009297

EvAdventure13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Right, that's why I'm curious to see the BMS page. Here's a picture of mine (early 2022 QM/Large) and what might explain some things to us, I'm curious if this % matches the dash, but it would also help to see the same on a Standard+ :
1000009297.png
my menu looks different, I don’t have a BMS option. I do have window that says HV battery state of charge but it says NA

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
1000009297.png
That's a really good point. Certainly it seems like a lot could be learned by watching this screen on the Standard and Standard+ packs while they charge from low % to 100% indicated.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

my menu looks different, I don’t have a BMS option. I do have window that says HV battery state of charge but it says NA
What tabs do you have on the left? Post a pic if you don't mind.

Sponsored