Sponsored

New Nomad Apple watch/iphone 15 cover in Rivian Yellow?

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Anyone else a fan of Nomad apple watch bands and cases? I am (I have several bands and cases for my iphone 14), and I believe this new limited edition color is a pretty close match to Rivian yellow: https://nomadgoods.com/collections/racing-yellow I may or may not have ordered one of the bands, I mean, who doesn't want to match their truck?

Rivian R1T R1S New Nomad Apple watch/iphone 15 cover in Rivian Yellow? nomad racing yellow
Sponsored

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
I bought a nomad band for my apple watch ultra a few months back. It's nice enough, although it was a bit narrow on my ultra (honestly - these I thought were better than nomad and far cheaper... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CGZZK4BZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1)

That said... this does look more like Compass Yellow. I just locked in a compass yellow R1S, so I'm dumb enough to spend more money on something I don't really need...

Do you have one of these ? Wondering if you could post a pic of the band or case next to the R1 to see how close it is ? thanks

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
So now I need to get an iphone 15 just so I can have a phone case that matches Rivian yellow?

I am tempted by the watch band, but like @runningdenver I have the cheap "alternative" from Amazon.

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
So now I need to get an iphone 15 just so I can have a phone case that matches Rivian yellow?

I am tempted by the watch band, but like @runningdenver I have the cheap "alternative" from Amazon.
Yes ! Absolutely. You post about a $5 watch band that costs $60, so I need to see if it's worth it !! :) Actually, I know it's not, but since your post - I actually locked into a yellow R1S - so ordered the strap.... heck, what's $60 when I'm dropping close to $100K on a vehicle ?... the watch strap will be here before the vehicle, but if I remember - I'll come back and post the photo when I get the R1S. Although it is a limited edition set, and I know they do sell out - so maybe you do need to get one too... ;)

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
Thought I’d come back and close the loop on this in case someone else is thinking of getting this. Unfortunately the yellow’s are definitely a little different. See the watch strap v compass yellow. The Nomad is definitely a lot more ‘yellow’ than the rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S New Nomad Apple watch/iphone 15 cover in Rivian Yellow? IMG_3551
Sponsored