fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Received my adapter today. March 16, 2022 delivery, VIN: 26xx

Plan to try it out this weekend on a trip downstate.
Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
The adapter works great - easy Plug N Play experience. Charging at 177 KW on a shared pedestal at 50% SOC. A great additional tool to have in the truck for my upcoming 2000 mile trailering trip next month.

Tesla rates however - not so good: $.66/kWh. Last resort, but at least it's an option now. Happy to have it!

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22" R1T
The adapter works great - easy Plug N Play experience. Charging at 177 KW on a shared pedestal at 50% SOC. A great additional tool to have in the truck for my upcoming 2000-mile trailering trip next month.

Tesla rates, however - not so good: $.66/kWh. Last resort, but at least it's an option now. Happy to have it!
Create a Tesla account and get their membership for $13/month, then start charging from the app.

It will cut charging costs to the price Tesla owners pay. I just finished my 2000-mile trip From TX to FL and back and was starting sessions from the app. If you just plug and charge it charges you the increased price.

exactly at 2nd charge my $13 membership was paid back :))) Of course, I canceled it just to avoid paying $13 every month.

oh yeah, 6/10/2022 delivery, still no word about the adapter. I use a2z

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

The adapter works great - easy Plug N Play experience. Charging at 177 KW on a shared pedestal at 50% SOC. A great additional tool to have in the truck for my upcoming 2000 mile trailering trip next month.

Tesla rates however - not so good: $.66/kWh. Last resort, but at least it's an option now. Happy to have it!
None of the NACS-adapter-compatible Superchargers have shared pedestals. I don't know why they still do the "A" "B" thing on V3+.

Only V2, V1, and "Urban Superchargers" are power-shared, and none of those support the adapter.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
None of the NACS-adapter-compatible Superchargers have shared pedestals. I don't know why they still do the "A" "B" thing on V3+.

Only V2, V1, and "Urban Superchargers" are power-shared, and none of those support the adapter.
They are still sharing load from a single cabinet. It's just that they're sharing a much higher capacity.

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

They are still sharing load from a single cabinet. It's just that they're sharing a much higher capacity.
And they can share between charger cabinets, too. Just because cabinet 1 feeds dispensers 1-4 doesn't mean that the 500kW cabinet 1 can supply will cause 4 vehicles to be limited to 125kW each if they plug in to dispensers 1-4 at the same time. Cabinet 2 can supply power to dispensers 1-4 as well.

Unless the whole site is nearly full of vehicles at low state of charge, you should never run into rate limiting at a V3 Supercharger.

mikebikeswa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T, '21 M3 LR
Create a Tesla account and get their membership for $13/month, then start charging from the app.
Do you plug in to charge after authorizing the charging session from the app? I just finished a 3000 mile road trip using mostly Tesla Superchargers and an A2Z adapter.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast

It will cut charging costs to the price Tesla owners pay. I just finished my 2000-mile trip From TX to FL and back and was starting sessions from the app. If you just plug and charge it charges you the increased price.

exactly at 2nd charge my $13 membership was paid back :))) Of course, I canceled it just to avoid paying $13 every month.

oh yeah, 6/10/2022 delivery, still no word about the adapter. I use a2z
I have a Tesla and an account but have not used a Tesla charger yet. For the Rivian, do I use the Tesla app or Rivian? Thx

Sponsored

mrgreat

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Sienna, 2011 Inifinti MX37, 2022 Camry Hybrid
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I accepted my opt-in Rivian email on 5/1, and looks like most folks had lower VINs than mine (053xx) still waiting for their adaptor. Planning a summer trip from Chicago to Cleveland next month and may have to bite it and buy a A2Z adapter soon.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I have a Tesla and an account but have not used a Tesla charger yet. For the Rivian, do I use the Tesla app or Rivian? Thx
If you have a supercharger membership than use the Tesla app to start charging and get the discounted rate. If no Tesla membership than just plug in and make sure you have a CC on file with Rivian. It’s plug and charge.

pnwroamer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Limestone DM R1T
Just took delivery 5/29. Got this email within the last hour. VIN 27xxx. Never opted into getting the adapter or ordered anything recently. Anyone else get this?

Rivian R1T R1S Next Batch of NACS Adapters Shipping to Rivian Owners! IMG_9099

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
May 22 delivery - adapter delivered today.
Sponsored