timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Last night I plugged in my R1S as soon as I got home, with charging scheduled to start at 8 PM when electric rates are lower. I soon thereafter got a notification on my phone that a software update was available, and started it in the meantime. This morning, I noticed my R1S had not charged at all despite the software update being completed before scheduled charging would have begun. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
Sponsored

Kgautam28

First Name
Gautam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, Mustang mache GT, Range Rover Velar
Occupation
Software
It's under charging in the app, check if your schedules were cleared during the update

Rivian R1T R1S No Scheduled Charging After Software Update Screenshot_20230627_063906_Rivian

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I didn't have any issue with scheduled charging after the update. I also had about a 3 hr window after the update before charging and with 2 drive cycles in between.

OP
OP

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

My charging schedule hasn't changed. It still shows when it should have charged last night, but no record in the charging history that it attempted to charge.

The key issue appears to be that I plugged the car in before starting the update, without touching the cable after the update completed, and it seemingly forgot it was plugged in and did not charge. The lights on both the charging port and charger were white this morning.

capitolm94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My charging schedule hasn't changed. It still shows when it should have charged last night, but no record in the charging history that it attempted to charge.

The key issue appears to be that I plugged the car in before starting the update, without touching the cable after the update completed, and it seemingly forgot it was plugged in and did not charge. The lights on both the charging port and charger were white this morning.
I did exactly this last night and it did charge properly on schedule.
Sponsored