Sponsored

Not allowed to speak with management? Say what?!!

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Entitled because I want to speak with management and I’m tired of half ass customer support from Rivian? Yeah ok buddy great response 👌🏼
Yes. You sound insufferable. Buy a non rivian charger at the cheaper price and spare these poor humans the bs.
Sponsored

Nacho Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Clubs

Hey everyone so after 2 bad delivery attempts with Rivian and a nightmare of back and forth communication mostly non existent on Rivians end I’m back trying to give them a 3rd chance.

So long story short I finally received all my refunds it took forever but I got them minus my original $1k deposit. I ordered the R1S with the XPEL deal and the car came out to $92,800 with a lease. I asked my guide Pamela if I could get a battery charger with the price I paid for before since the gear shop had it for $800 and I remember paying $535 for it before. This is the response from my guide when I asked to speak with management about this… (see image below)

They are literally denying me my right to speak with management. By the way this isn’t the first time. When I had issues before with my deliveries I was also denied the ability to speak with them. I wanted to inform them on what was happening and I never could.

So you mean to tell me if I have an issue with the company or the car or the guides there’s no one I can speak with? This is insane to even think about for a second. Please tell me no one else has had this kind of experience and if you’ve been able to speak with management please let me know how I can get ahold of them because this definitely can’t be right.

My mind is literally 🤯… jeez right when I try to give this company a 3rd chance. Please make it make sense.

IMG_3650.png
Sorry for your frustrations….. but I also got shut when I asked for the pre-hike price for the crossbars after finishing the R1 purchase. They said I should have purchased it before completing the whole process is done for pre-hike price to be honored. I asked again but I got shut…. I respect their decision as a Rivian share holder but not happy as a customer. lol

Last edited:

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I'm sorry, what? You are seriously criticizing Customer Service reps for NOT lying to customers? This has to be some f*cked up sarcasm that I missed...
Emphasizing this. A simple thumbs up is not enough.

Many of us are happy to deal with a car company (direct) that we at least *perceive* as not encouraging this kind of behavior.

OP
OP
Zeusy Zeus

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We all need this company to make money. You are dropping $92k on a vehicle and worried about $265 after they just gave you PPF ($6k value) for FREE.

If my CS team at my company wasted my time on this request, 2 things would happen. A CS team member would be on the market and my offer to you would Ok, I will sell you the charger at the pre-price increase and take away your free PPF because that wasn’t an option during the Pre-price increase.”

The customer is not always right…and in the days of social media, online reviews..etc…companies get bullied into deviating from SOP to make an unreasonable customer go away so they can focus on happy, appreciative, recurring customers.

Not being an a$$ or a jerk…and I get they messed up…but if you can’t sign the papers and drive an amazing automobile without holding a grudge…buy something else.

BTW, Autel makes an awesome charger that you can get for $450-550 depending on current Amazon promotion and has way more functionality.

Happily,

4 Rivian Owner…and no complaints
The inverse can be said right what’s $265 when they’re giving out $5k incentives? Thanks for the charger recommendation. Im going to wait until I inspect the vehicle before delivery to buy one. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Zeusy Zeus

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Funny how people can defend Rivian as consumers ---- no its not okay ---- their CS has been terrible and continues to get worse as time goes. Weird people who have no connection with Rivian other than owning their vehicles want to justify their operations/responses. FYI - you're not being paid, so probably best to keep quiet.
With more and more layoffs in the wind sadly it’s only going to get worse. I get it the people here want to defend the company they support but yeah CS is everything. Something Rivian lacks to an extent. I appreciate the passion here and don’t take the flames personal. Thanks for the support.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zeusy Zeus

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Gotta be careful when requesting to speak to management. In some companies the management is AI

The post itself felt a bit bait and switch.

Speaking to someone higher up for failed deliveries seems reasonable.

Speaking to someone higher up for a small discount for a charger seems unreasonable. They made their decision so there really isn't anything else to do. It's one of those "its worth trying things", but not to push it further.

Confusedly.

1 Rivian owner.. and lots of complaints.
If you want I’ll gladly flood this post with the countless emails I sent Rivian guides without receiving responses for weeks. Waiting on phone for hours to speak with someone only to give up and hang up… only customer support telling me there’s no one to speak to that I will have to wait until a guide calls or emails me back… the list goes on. I don’t have sympathy for this company or its guides because what they did to me isn’t right and I’ve never had that experience with any other company. Heck you can buy a $20 electric burner on Amazon and receive better customer service than what I’ve gotten from Rivian. No exaggeration.

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Hey everyone so after 2 bad delivery attempts with Rivian and a nightmare of back and forth communication mostly non existent on Rivians end I’m back trying to give them a 3rd chance.

So long story short I finally received all my refunds it took forever but I got them minus my original $1k deposit. I ordered the R1S with the XPEL deal and the car came out to $92,800 with a lease. I asked my guide Pamela if I could get a battery charger with the price I paid for before since the gear shop had it for $800 and I remember paying $535 for it before. This is the response from my guide when I asked to speak with management about this… (see image below)

They are literally denying me my right to speak with management. By the way this isn’t the first time. When I had issues before with my deliveries I was also denied the ability to speak with them. I wanted to inform them on what was happening and I never could.

So you mean to tell me if I have an issue with the company or the car or the guides there’s no one I can speak with? This is insane to even think about for a second. Please tell me no one else has had this kind of experience and if you’ve been able to speak with management please let me know how I can get ahold of them because this definitely can’t be right.

My mind is literally 🤯… jeez right when I try to give this company a 3rd chance. Please make it make sense.

IMG_3650.png
I originally ordered the wall charger, but didn't take it. I'm so glad I didn't. Our utility offers a discount is you use their charger. It saves about $100 a month. That's just basic math 🤣. Things work out so I suggest you start positive.

OP
OP
Zeusy Zeus

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Funny how some people who haven’t worked in customer service (or havent been accosted by an entitled consumer before) assume they know why everyone’s responding.

FYI - Telling people to be quiet usually doesnt work. But i hope it made you feel better to type it out. #NotARivianEmployee. #JustAHuman
Funny you’re assuming he hasn’t. Lot of assumptions being made on here. Kind of like how everyone just thinks I came in here to bash Rivian for no reason and my screenshot is only half the story… if it makes everyone feel better next time I’ll attach 10 photos of the whole dialogue of me messaging and not getting a response only to try again days later to ask what’s the status with my order.

Everyone wants Rivian to survive including me but come on… at some point we have to draw the line.

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 1500SLT Crew cab
Occupation
Retired

IMG_3650.png
Has anyone talked to managements of GM, Ford, Audi, etc.?

OP
OP
Zeusy Zeus

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I’m not defending Rivian here, just stating that any business can run their customer engagement as they want.
The OP wrote “They are literally denying me my right to speak with management”
That’s not such a thing! :D
So if guides are customer service the people who “manage” them would be customer service management no? I think it’s justified to be concerned that there’s no repercussions for guides and service and you can’t openly request to speak to management. I requested to speak to management this morning as a general request not about the charger. Not expecting a response because that’s what I’m accustomed to when dealing with Rivian.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zeusy Zeus

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I read through some of your earlier posts because I had questions based on what you alluded to in this thread; pardon me as I pull some key items and bold some things from your starting post to inform what I say. Also, I’ll say that the title and overall message is going to excite reaction, but I’m in that sweet spot of tonight’s imbibing where I’m being peaceful, so, here:

So, first off, it seems like you’ve had an adventure with trying to purchase your… adventure vehicle. That sucks. They’re great and I’m sure you’ll love getting into one. However, I have some questions based on what you said above.

Your earlier thread about a disappointing experience included pictures that, if I may be so bold, highlighted issues that were not on par with some of the bad experiences others have shared and, honestly, were less than what I had and were fixed in very short order, if not on the spot. I don’t mean to diminish your sense of disappointment, that is just my assessment based on what you shared. Your earlier posts only detailed one delivery attempt, based on what I could find, so apologies if the other attempt was worse or there was a dead body in the frunk that you failed to include on your pics/video.

What actions did you take, other than threatening the service center personnel that, if the vehicle wasn’t to your standards, you’d walk away from the brand (your words in an earlier post)? What did you call for in your desire for refunds/cancellations? You had a wall charger and you returned it… why? What is the “3rd chance”? Are you lined up for another delivery? Based on the price you quoted above, you’re not in the pre-hike pricing, but want pre-hike pricing for the wall charger… again?

As I reviewed what you’ve shared of your situation, it seems you had two delivery attempts, both of which failed to meet your criteria and you refused delivery. At one point you demanded that the vehicle be brought to your standard or you’d walk away. You also had a wall charger delivered and sent it back. In regards to your desire to purchase another wall charger at the pre-hike price again, I can see where they would deny your request and not see the need to elevate it since they already delivered on that promise once before. Please correct me where my understanding of your situation falls short.

I don’t think there’s a hidden room full of “management” that will resolve your issue. I do get the impression that Rivian is a relatively flat company with little room between SC people and the top as opposed to privately owned and operated dealerships from legacy makers. That being said, I think that there is a way for you to proceed if you desire to escalate your issues. There are C-suite officials at Rivian and their names are on the website. So is the location of the headquarters. Send them a well-written letter through certified mail and email a copy to your guide. I’ve done that with another company with a much worse complaint than what is detailed in your post (motorcycle trying to kill me) and had very positive responses… but I wrote it very respectfully, refrained from threats, and stated facts and law and made a reasonable request. I can understand if you are frustrated and speaking loosely here (I’ve done that in responses to people in defense of the brand whose logo is my trampstamp, but never about our lord and savior, RJ, first of his name, king of adventurous EV’ers, may his tales echo in the solar powered halls of valhallectrica). With Rivian, I take my real problems offline and find that everyone associated with the brand cares about getting things right.

Good luck. Again, I hope you find what you’re looking for with this brand as I think it is there waiting for you.
Cheers to you and researching my delivery posts. The people here are a big reason why I keep coming back to Rivian. Sure there are trolls and others but who cares about them the point is I read satisfaction from users like you and many others on here that give me optimism for the brand. I’ve always wanted to be one to promote the brand… it just keep seeming out of reach. I keep being told to just drive the vehicle but quality assurance and cosmetic appearance matter greatly to me also. I’m taking expectations short for my 3rd delivery attempt and rest assured I will report back up.

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Funny you’re assuming he hasn’t. Lot of assumptions being made on here. Kind of like how everyone just thinks I came in here to bash Rivian for no reason and my screenshot is only half the story… if it makes everyone feel better next time I’ll attach 10 photos of the whole dialogue of me messaging and not getting a response only to try again days later to ask what’s the status with my order.

Everyone wants Rivian to survive including me but come on… at some point we have to draw the line.
Yeah, I think you proved my point. Not sure you picked up on it, but I used a bad assumption to prove a point about assumptions (subtlety is not easy over written form). Sounds like you got there in the end… I just wish you would stop long enough to process your role in all the assumptions and the CS interaction. You appear to have a big chip on your shoulder… seems like your gut is telling you to back away from this deal. Listen to your gut, you’re uncomfortable, don’t pressure yourself to do something you’re not happy with. But acknowledge your role in the whole buying process…

No need to post 10 pictures or 100, I think we all have a clear picture of your bad customer service adventure. Certainly sounds like things could have gone differently on both sides. I’m not defending Rivian CS… just trying to point out that you had a part to play in it, and you may not be aware of your contributions.

I’m glad you want Rivian to survive… However, sounds like they crossed the line with you. Sorry it didn’t work out this time around.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Personally I would take the free stealth PPF offer worth $5,000 and purchase the Rivian charger linked below from Rivian member for $425 shipped.

That should be cheaper than pre-order pricing and avoids a lot of headaches/delays.

If you have pre-order pricing and free stealth PPF. Take the deal and run like you stole it.

Already had a Tesla charger and never got around to installing this. $425 shipped ($375 local pick up), new in box. Thank you!

IMG_4338.jpeg

IMG_4330.jpeg