Sponsored

Not allowed to speak with management? Say what?!!

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

We all need this company to make money. You are dropping $92k on a vehicle and worried about $265 after they just gave you PPF ($6k value) for FREE.

If my CS team at my company wasted my time on this request, 2 things would happen. A CS team member would be on the market and my offer to you would Ok, I will sell you the charger at the pre-price increase and take away your free PPF because that wasn’t an option during the Pre-price increase.”

The customer is not always right…and in the days of social media, online reviews..etc…companies get bullied into deviating from SOP to make an unreasonable customer go away so they can focus on happy, appreciative, recurring customers.

Not being an a$$ or a jerk…and I get they messed up…but if you can’t sign the papers and drive an amazing automobile without holding a grudge…buy something else.

BTW, Autel makes an awesome charger that you can get for $450-550 depending on current Amazon promotion and has way more functionality.

Happily,

4 Rivian Owner…and no complaints
Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

We don't know both sides of the story here. But a customer isn't always right. And sometimes, the manager knows if they talk directly to the customer, and the customer doesn't like the answer, the customer will just ask for their boss. Wherever I have worked, when a customer/client asks to speak to a manager, the manager almost always rolls their eyes, and knows, no matter what they tell that customer/client, the customer/client will not be happy.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Funny how people can defend Rivian as consumers ---- no its not okay ---- their CS has been terrible and continues to get worse as time goes. Weird people who have no connection with Rivian other than owning their vehicles want to justify their operations/responses. FYI - you're not being paid, so probably best to keep quiet.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
We don't know both sides of the story here. But a customer isn't always right. And sometimes, the manager knows if they talk directly to the customer, and the customer doesn't like the answer, the customer will just ask for their boss. Wherever I have worked, when a customer/client asks to speak to a manager, the manager almost always rolls their eyes, and knows, no matter what they tell that customer/client, the customer/client will not be happy.
Let me know when Rivian shows up to the forums in a formal capacity - they can - but they don't. So why shouldn't we take the other side as legitimate?

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Gotta be careful when requesting to speak to management. In some companies the management is AI

The post itself felt a bit bait and switch.

Speaking to someone higher up for failed deliveries seems reasonable.

Speaking to someone higher up for a small discount for a charger seems unreasonable. They made their decision so there really isn't anything else to do. It's one of those "its worth trying things", but not to push it further.

Confusedly.

1 Rivian owner.. and lots of complaints.

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Funny how people can defend Rivian as consumers ---- no its not okay ---- their CS has been terrible and continues to get worse as time goes. Weird people who have no connection with Rivian other than owning their vehicles want to justify their operations/responses. FYI - you're not being paid, so probably best to keep quiet.
Funny how some people who haven’t worked in customer service (or havent been accosted by an entitled consumer before) assume they know why everyone’s responding.

FYI - Telling people to be quiet usually doesnt work. But i hope it made you feel better to type it out. #NotARivianEmployee. #JustAHuman

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Funny how some people who haven’t worked in customer service (or havent been accosted by an entitled consumer before) assume they know why everyone’s responding.

FYI - Telling people to be quiet usually doesnt work. But i hope it made you feel better to type it out. #NotARivianEmployee. #JustAHuman
Thanks for assuming. Yes I've worked in CS before. But keep trying to justify your position.

Rivtony

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S Quad, Maserati Grandturismo, Tesla M3
Occupation
Techy Telecoms
Clubs

I’m not defending Rivian here, just stating that any business can run their customer engagement as they want.
The OP wrote “They are literally denying me my right to speak with management”
That’s not such a thing! :D

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I read through some of your earlier posts because I had questions based on what you alluded to in this thread; pardon me as I pull some key items and bold some things from your starting post to inform what I say. Also, I’ll say that the title and overall message is going to excite reaction, but I’m in that sweet spot of tonight’s imbibing where I’m being peaceful, so, here:

Hey everyone so after 2 bad delivery attempts with Rivian and a nightmare of back and forth communication mostly non existent on Rivians end I’m back trying to give them a 3rd chance.

So long story short I finally received all my refunds it took forever but I got them minus my original $1k deposit. I ordered the R1S with the XPEL deal and the car came out to $92,800 with a lease. I asked my guide Pamela if I could get a battery charger with the price I paid for before since the gear shop had it for $800 and I remember paying $535 for it before.

They are literally denying me my right to speak with management. By the way this isn’t the first time. When I had issues before with my deliveries I was also denied the ability to speak with them. I wanted to inform them on what was happening and I never could.
So, first off, it seems like you’ve had an adventure with trying to purchase your… adventure vehicle. That sucks. They’re great and I’m sure you’ll love getting into one. However, I have some questions based on what you said above.

Your earlier thread about a disappointing experience included pictures that, if I may be so bold, highlighted issues that were not on par with some of the bad experiences others have shared and, honestly, were less than what I had and were fixed in very short order, if not on the spot. I don’t mean to diminish your sense of disappointment, that is just my assessment based on what you shared. Your earlier posts only detailed one delivery attempt, based on what I could find, so apologies if the other attempt was worse or there was a dead body in the frunk that you failed to include on your pics/video.

What actions did you take, other than threatening the service center personnel that, if the vehicle wasn’t to your standards, you’d walk away from the brand (your words in an earlier post)? What did you call for in your desire for refunds/cancellations? You had a wall charger and you returned it… why? What is the “3rd chance”? Are you lined up for another delivery? Based on the price you quoted above, you’re not in the pre-hike pricing, but want pre-hike pricing for the wall charger… again?

As I reviewed what you’ve shared of your situation, it seems you had two delivery attempts, both of which failed to meet your criteria and you refused delivery. At one point you demanded that the vehicle be brought to your standard or you’d walk away. You also had a wall charger delivered and sent it back. In regards to your desire to purchase another wall charger at the pre-hike price again, I can see where they would deny your request and not see the need to elevate it since they already delivered on that promise once before. Please correct me where my understanding of your situation falls short.

I don’t think there’s a hidden room full of “management” that will resolve your issue. I do get the impression that Rivian is a relatively flat company with little room between SC people and the top as opposed to privately owned and operated dealerships from legacy makers. That being said, I think that there is a way for you to proceed if you desire to escalate your issues. There are C-suite officials at Rivian and their names are on the website. So is the location of the headquarters. Send them a well-written letter through certified mail and email a copy to your guide. I’ve done that with another company with a much worse complaint than what is detailed in your post (motorcycle trying to kill me) and had very positive responses… but I wrote it very respectfully, refrained from threats, and stated facts and law and made a reasonable request. I can understand if you are frustrated and speaking loosely here (I’ve done that in responses to people in defense of the brand whose logo is my trampstamp, but never about our lord and savior, RJ, first of his name, king of adventurous EV’ers, may his tales echo in the solar powered halls of valhallectrica). With Rivian, I take my real problems offline and find that everyone associated with the brand cares about getting things right.

Good luck. Again, I hope you find what you’re looking for with this brand as I think it is there waiting for you.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered the R1S with the XPEL deal and the car came out to $92,800 with a lease. I asked my guide Pamela if I could get a battery charger with the price I paid for before since the gear shop had it for $800 and I remember paying $535 for it before.
They are literally denying me my right to speak with management.
So you mean to tell me if I have an issue with the company or the car or the guides there’s no one I can speak with?
You already got promotional XPEL worth thousands, and now you are pissed because they won't give you even more. The guide asked a manager who has made the final decision, and the manager doesn't want to listen to your whining. And your RIGHTS have been violated?

Rivian R1T R1S Not allowed to speak with management? Say what?!! 1713925864305-et

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
While I wholeheartedly agree they need to have a better (read: any) escalation path, I’m not sure the hill to die on about it is being Karen Jr and asking for price concessions they’re not obligated to give you.

Service issues? Yeah. Delivery issues? Yeah. Entitled to save 1/2 cost for no reason? lol, no.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I agree with the OP.

It is crazy that the customer service rep couldn't just type. "Hi. Manager here. The answer is still no." I mean this is going down via text. How hard is it for them to claim that a "manager" typed the response. The fact that they won't even lie about the response coming from a manager says a lot about their company culture.
Sponsored

Last edited: