Sponsored

My R1T purchased from Shop with powered tonneau cover was delivered without the cover

OP
OP
jambaman84

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It’s in the disclaimer when you confirm configuration that there is no guarantee the PTC will come with the truck at delivery. And may need to be placed at the SC when available.
yeah I saw the disclaimer, but I was told by just guide and the sales rep that this truck did Infact have the tonneau cover installed
Sponsored

SouthernLCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S and 2024 R1T
Clubs

It’s in the disclaimer when you confirm configuration that there is no guarantee the PTC will come with the truck at delivery. And may need to be placed at the SC when available.
This came out of the shop. I did not see that disclaimer, but not saying I did not miss it. Irrelevant since when the truck was sitting in Atlanta I asked someone to confirm it was on and they did. At least they got me some gear and bumped me to the front. Cannot complain too much.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I get it, you paid for it and expected it, just Serenity Now and you'll get it s00n enough. Would you rather they delivered with a broken one and gave you a 2 year IOU like some folks? It'll come.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T purchased from Shop with powered tonneau cover was delivered without the cover 1000009508

And please quit squeezing Rivian for free accessories, folks. That's us shareholders' bottom line you're messing with!

dsudot77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tiguan
same happened to me too, ordered truck Friday march 22nd, picked up on March 30th, i received this email march 29th

ce la vie , i guess.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T purchased from Shop with powered tonneau cover was delivered without the cover tonneau.JPG

OP
OP
jambaman84

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I get it, you paid for it and expected it, just Serenity Now and you'll get it s00n enough. Would you rather they delivered with a broken one and gave you a 2 year IOU like some folks? It'll come.

1000009508.gif

And please quit squeezing Rivian for free accessories, folks. That's us shareholders' bottom line you're messing with!
Haha I’m a shareholder as well. Own an R1S and R1T with a pre order of R2.

Sponsored

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I too took delivery of an R1T yesterday as a 2024 with a powered tonneau for $500 addon and isn’t installed. Home delivery. The strange thing is it almost looks like it is installed as I can see the rubber sticking out of where it would be retracted but doesn’t have the split button for tailgate and screen doesn’t have the option to open it. Submitted service ticketed and will be talking with my guide tomorrow.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1 2023
Occupation
Whatever
I just took delivery of a dual motor, standard+ range with a powered tonneau cover.
Except… the powered tonneau cover wasn’t on the truck. I had to show the service center that the truck I bought had a powered tonneau cover. So they said put in a ticket and whenever they get them in stock, they will let me know. But gave no timeframe.
Super disappointed in this, as they told me the tonneau cover was coming with the truck.
anyone else experience this?
Yea - this is the BIG DISSAPOINTMENT for me - I may not have bought the truck if I knew they were not going to make them anymore..... someone from Rivian told me IF they start making the available again it will not be until 2025 !!!!!! SUCKS !!!!!

shawnt77

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Same thing here.... I was in sit and wait mode until PTC reappeared. Saw a 2024 truck in the shop with PTC that met my config so I pulled the trigger. Took delivery last Thursday and was very disappointed to show up and see the truck didn't have PTC even though it was on the monroney sheet. Oh, "it will be installed in the fall" they told me.

I'm a Rivian fanboy, but this isn't the way to conduct business. Rivian should have been transparent that the truck wouldn't come with it and PTC would need to be added at a much later date. I was told none of the trucks in the shop listed with PTC actually had it. PTC at $500 is such a deal I think most customers would have purchased anyway, even with the understanding it wouldn't be installed in the fall.

It felt like a bait and switch type thing. Not the best way to start off a relationship with a customer. Luckily I'm a repeat customer and have had nothing but positive experiences with my launch edition.

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just heard from service center and no timeline for install. I would have bought the discounted 2023 lease. Only reason I got the 24 was for the PTC. :sigh

Sponsored

Simplejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
“This vehicle is configured with a powered tonneau cover. In some cases, your vehicle may be delivered without the cover, Rivian service will reach out to you by fall of 2024 to schedule your installation”
Not sure what problem is and why Rivian needs to hand out free sh@$. When they list these covers for way more than $500 I doubt anyone here will be complaining.

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
“This vehicle is configured with a powered tonneau cover. In some cases, your vehicle may be delivered without the cover, Rivian service will reach out to you by fall of 2024 to schedule your installation”
Not sure what problem is and why Rivian needs to hand out free sh@$. When they list these covers for way more than $500 I doubt anyone here will be complaining.
I get it. Fine print I overlooked. That’s on me. But many conversations with multiple guides where it was disclosed that this was a selling point for me. Just feel like something should have been better communicated. Multiple guides weren’t even aware of this going on until I reported it to them.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I just took delivery of a dual motor, standard+ range with a powered tonneau cover.
Except… the powered tonneau cover wasn’t on the truck. I had to show the service center that the truck I bought had a powered tonneau cover. So they said put in a ticket and whenever they get them in stock, they will let me know. But gave no timeframe.
Super disappointed in this, as they told me the tonneau cover was coming with the truck.
anyone else experience this?
Do you have the Powered Tonneau Button???
Rivian R1T R1S My R1T purchased from Shop with powered tonneau cover was delivered without the cover 1711982706279-5c

OP
OP
jambaman84

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Do you have the Powered Tonneau Button???
1711982706279-5c.png
No I don’t.. that’s the first thing I noticed and asked how’d they fix that.. they didn’t have an answer.. so I have no idea how they will do it.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

No I don’t.. that’s the first thing I noticed and asked how’d they fix that.. they didn’t have an answer.. so I have no idea how they will do it.
I'm curious too. There was some teasing that a Powered Tonneau can be installed on non-powered models, but that seems like a lot of parts need to be added/replaced.
Sponsored