RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

While this is a relatively minor thing to deal with now, WHERE it happened is the real issue. It's going to be an absolute nightmare to try and get this serviced.

The garage at my place is entirely unreachable for any flatbed to tow. The garage it's in it barely squeaks into and the drink area is inaccessible.

I am hoping it can be jumped from the rear well enough to let it back out a bit and have mobile service replace the 12v bits - but if that doesn't work this is going to get ugly, quickly

Rivian R1T R1S Guess it was my time - 12v is dead Screenshot_20240416-163444

Rivian R1T R1S Guess it was my time - 12v is dead Screenshot_20240416-155007
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
While this is a relatively minor thing to deal with now, WHERE it happened is the real issue. It's going to be an absolute nightmare to try and get this serviced.

The garage at my place is entirely unreachable for any flatbed to tow. The garage it's in it barely squeaks into and the drink area is inaccessible.

I am hoping it can be jumped from the rear well enough to let it back out a bit and have mobile service replace the 12v bits - but if that doesn't work this is going to get ugly, quickly

Screenshot_20240416-163444.png

Screenshot_20240416-155007.png
Any idea how old (date of manufacture) of your batteries are? Just curious as mine are coming up on 2 years

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Any idea how old (date of manufacture) of your batteries are? Just curious as mine are coming up on 2 years
I'm actually in an entirely different state at the moment so this was absolute perfection for the worst possible time and place to happen. I can't check the actual devices but I can say this was a June 2023 build for what that's worth

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I'm actually in an entirely different state at the moment so this was absolute perfection for the worst possible time and place to happen. I can't check the actual devices but I can say this was a June 2023 build for what that's worth
Man, I’m sorry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Mobile service only needs to get into the driver door and front hood to replace the 12v.
Front hood almost entirely inaccessible. There's no way to get the tub out of the frunk where it currently is

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This doesn't always mean it can't be driven. As long as the battery doesn't have an internal short, it should be fine.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Not even a year....awesome

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

What's the mileage???

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I hope this is the case
I would be shocked if it doesn't drive, unless it sits for another week unattended. Typically, it's a warning prior to complete failure of the batter(ies)

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
How is this still happening with the 12V batteries? I thought the software update had the computer monitoring the voltage in the 12V to prevent this kind of thing from happening. With massive batteries in our trucks, it seems ridiculous that they would be crippled by 12V batteries dying.
Sponsored