Sponsored

Observations from a loaner C40 recharge

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I had a C40 recharge as a rental while my truck was in service for water intrusion into the doors/rocker panel. After living with it for 24 hours, the one thing I really enjoyed was the screen in front of the driver. It had a huge map right in the center and a lot of useful info at glance such as efficiency. I think Rivian can do a lot more with the screen in front of the driver and I’m sure they will in the future.
Sponsored

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

We have a Volvo XC40 recharge. Nice car, we are exceeding the listed range. Great for city/suburban driving. I do like the drivers display screen. But the main UI on the big center screen is far behind the Rivian software.

OP
OP

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
We have a Volvo XC40 recharge. Nice car, we are exceeding the listed range. Great for city/suburban driving. I do like the drivers display screen. But the main UI on the big center screen is far behind the Rivian software.
Completely agree. It’s clunky and not intuitive.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

We have an ex90 day1 reservation and even sat in the one they had on tour. What I am excited about with this next round of Volvo EVs is that they are the first ICE manufacturer that will start doing regular OTA updates on this new generation like rivian and Tesla. (Not the irregular non-exciting update stuff like Kia/hyundai does).

I just couldn't get my wife to do the R1s to be the 2 rivian family. :( So I guess this will do.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
We have an ex90 day1 reservation and even sat in the one they had on tour. What I am excited about with this next round of Volvo EVs is that they are the first ICE manufacturer that will start doing regular OTA updates on this new generation like rivian and Tesla. (Not the irregular non-exciting update stuff like Kia/hyundai does).

I just couldn't get my wife to do the R1s to be the 2 rivian family. :( So I guess this will do.
Ford is releasing OTA updates on a regular basis. I have received UI improvements and various bug fixes. There have been several recall fixes delivered via OTA. They are rolling out hands free driving updates also. So I don't think Volvo will be the first.

Personally I worry about CCP spyware since Volvo is Chinese owned.

Sponsored

Rivianready

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Jeep Gr Cherokee SRT, Suburban LTZ
Occupation
Business owner
Clubs

I had a Volvo XC60 for about a year while waiting for my R1S to be delivered. It was their first car to use Google to run the car (and one of the first ones on the market to do so). The car was great and the software was good. The problem was that the OTA updates were infrequent and for some of them, you had to bring it in to Volvo to get some updates done. I never understood why and they never gave me a straight answer. I hope Volvo and Google have fixed this so that any update will be OTA. One note: while I had the car, Volvo added Apple car play and it ran on the Google operating system (which I thought was interesting).

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Ford is releasing OTA updates on a regular basis. I have received UI improvements and various bug fixes. There have been several recall fixes delivered via OTA. They are rolling out hands free driving updates also. So I don't think Volvo will be the first.

Personally I worry about CCP spyware since Volvo is Chinese owned.
It already has US spyware with Google.

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

precise reason we didn't get another volvo. we owned and loved volvo xc90 for 7 years. looked at newer cars but that center console, i couldn't get behind that. otherwise really great cars, great service. had best experience

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
precise reason we didn't get another volvo. we owned and loved volvo xc90 for 7 years. looked at newer cars but that center console, i couldn't get behind that. otherwise really great cars, great service. had best experience
That is why my wife is hanging onto her XC90.