Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
To be clear, FE is in production. Vehicles have been made with FE, although the vast majority are BM. It's only OC that is MIA.
Picture or it didn’t happen (real customer deliveries). We have zero in our tracker.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Just finished talking with my Guide. Here's what I learned.
1. Any change in configuration delays delivery.
2. Ocean Coast interiors are in very limited production.
3. How long is the wait for an Ocean Coast interior is unclear.
4. Offered the chance to get a R1T sooner if I switch to a Black Mountain interior. How much sooner left unclear. I left Ocean Coast in my configuration.
5. My Guide has to "huddle" with her team to find out when an El Cap & Ocean Coast R1T will be built. "Team" means production scheduling folks in Normal.
6. Coordination between Guides and Normal is critical as to when configured vehicles are built.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
4. Offered the chance to get a R1T sooner if I switch to a Black Mountain interior. How much sooner left unclear. I left Ocean Coast in my configuration.
5. My Guide has to "huddle" with her team to find out when an El Cap & Ocean Coast R1T will be built. "Team" means production scheduling folks in Normal.
6. Coordination between Guides and Normal is critical as to when configured vehicles are built.
Points 1 and 4 contradict one another. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Is your guide Kevin? I mentioned in a separate R1S thread my guide said the same thing. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Honestly who knows anything with Rivian until it actually happens.

All that said, my PBA is signed and my configuration is locked. LE R1S, White, Ocean Coast, 22’s.
We're all pulling for you

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Points 1 and 4 don't contradict one another if you're talking with a guide. Perhaps point 1 is better put as "don't change your configuration without talking to a guide".

Careychastain

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I was told yesterday by my guide that there was no delay with OC, and the fact that my OC was picked for a guide contact was a good sign OC was going into production.

Signed a PBA for an R1T with OC Interior yesterday.

Just a lot of inconsistent data points.
I had a call & signed my PBA yesterday. No mention of delay (other than missing my March/April window). Glacier White with OC R1T ordered early Jan 2019.

Sponsored

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Hoping point number 2 is valid and that the "very limited production" is on those of us that were very early reservation holders. I was in 12/10/2018, so if stock's limited, hoping i get one of the first dibs on the OC. Pinged my guide and was told no update yet, but hoped to have more information by end of month. That will either make me very happy to have landed an OC interior, or make my patience last a little longer....how much longer would be the question.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I wonder what the OC->BM cannibalization rate was. Wonder if it pushed FE above OC in # of preorders.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Picture or it didn’t happen (real customer deliveries). We have zero in our tracker.
I never said they have been delivered, but multiple guides have seen FE cars come off the line, mine included, while no guides have seen OC.

BM is still the most common and what guides are recommending if you want your car soon.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I need more people to be lured to the dark side (black mountain) so that me and my Ocean Ghost, I mean Ocean Coast, keep getting bumped up the delivery order.

I heard from a source who knows a guy who is dating a Guide's roommate that tells me that OC is delayed indefinitely and if you want an R1T before the end of 2023, you need to switch to Black Mountain right away!

Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha!

:devil:

Last edited:

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
I'm not sure how many of you haven't been inside an R1 yet, I sat in one for the 1st time a week ago. BM was not near as dark as I had thought and I then switched to BM from OC. I am a little worried about a white interior as well. The main reason I switched was to avoid any delays. I only mention this to let anyone on the fence know that it is a very nice interior with lots of detail and accent color, if that helps. And also point out that it would really be nice if they got those test drive events going for those of us needing to make decisions.
Sponsored