Sponsored

Delivery Next Week, No Contract, No Guide, Nada

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
Title says it all… have a delivery date next week. No comms with guide, completely unresponsive. Most purchase tasks are gated, so no contract, no financing, and I’d like to lease.

What’s the move? Anyone have success moving things forward at a similar stage?

Calling CS has yielded nothing.

Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
moondoggy

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
what does your portal show?
It shows trade-in (don’t have one) and insurance. already did the registration. everything else “coming soon.”

Mentioned this to CS yesterday, they said guide should’ve been in touch by now, that they would reach the guide and their manager and have them contact me by end of day. Didn’t happen.

Today, also nothing.

OP
OP
moondoggy

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
thank you. this worked. oddly, I had already done this along with registration, but seems it needed to be done again. appreciate the help!

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Also, although it looks like the steps are sequential, I was able to do them in random order in January of 2023, I do not think that has changed. Some were locked but others I could do.

OP
OP
moondoggy

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
click "trade-in" and click "confirm no trade-in"

That should unlock the next steps
Appreciate the help!

Next, today, I added the VIN to my auto policy a week before "scheduled" pick-up because apparently my provider wont post date a policy.

Ok, I'll acquiesce as proof of insurance appears to be the only way to un-gate the contract.

So I upload the card. But then I get the contract:

1. There's no lease terms included in the contract. It mentions it's a lease, but zero clauses defining the terms.

2. No lease math included. RV? MF? Lease end options/process? This should all be defined in a agreement. Not here.

3. States there's no guarantee for an estimated delivery date ever. Yet, no recourse other than arbitration if they never deliver the vehicle? (I received and coordinated via text a scheduled pick-up date. But the text said "If arrival is delayed, we'll need to choose a later appointment." So...

And of course, still no comms with a guide.

I've never seen anything like this and this is certainly my first purchase/lease without any interaction or discussion with a human.

Other than a guide and common sense, what am I missing here?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes G
text your guide for the MF and RV. They were able to give it to me over text. You will get the more detailed contract a week before delivery. lol Rivian transparency is incredibly lacking... but their guides are helpful

OP
OP
moondoggy

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
text your guide for the MF and RV. They were able to give it to me over text. You will get the more detailed contract a week before delivery. lol Rivian transparency is incredibly lacking... but their guides are helpful
Thank you. Great insight. I will try…just to reiterate…guide has so far been 100% unresponsive. Additionally CS has asked them to communicate with me to no avail.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes G
Within the portal, you can "SMS- Start a SMS" with guide. Be sure to text from your registration phone number.

They became super responsive via text after I left 1 voicemail. Gave me MF and residual over text and there was some hiccuping with e-signing, so they communicated via the SMS.

just like all sales, I think they just wake up and more alive 7 days prior to delivery.

After I picked up the car, they said I can still text that number thought ownership if I have any issues or Q about the car.

OP
OP
moondoggy

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
Thank you.

Just a general note for readers here.

Still no contact with guide and before signing this agreement I have questions about trade-in, etc. It's ridiculous to expect a customer to proceed through all purchase steps and sign this agreement before communicating with them as it is poorly worded yet seems to imply the finalization of the purchase order.

$1000 deposit is not a small amount of money to receive zero support.

The idea that to move the process along one has to buy insurance, sign agreements, commit to a trade-in deal, and lease terms with no insight at all on process, or the actual deal math — all without even having a point of contact — is foolish.

Last edited:

Jazo31

First Name
Jazmin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Registered nurse
Appreciate the help!

Next, today, I added the VIN to my auto policy a week before "scheduled" pick-up because apparently my provider wont post date a policy.

Ok, I'll acquiesce as proof of insurance appears to be the only way to un-gate the contract.

So I upload the card. But then I get the contract:

1. There's no lease terms included in the contract. It mentions it's a lease, but zero clauses defining the terms.

2. No lease math included. RV? MF? Lease end options/process? This should all be defined in a agreement. Not here.

3. States there's no guarantee for an estimated delivery date ever. Yet, no recourse other than arbitration if they never deliver the vehicle? (I received and coordinated via text a scheduled pick-up date. But the text said "If arrival is delayed, we'll need to choose a later appointment." So...

And of course, still no comms with a guide.

I've never seen anything like this and this is certainly my first purchase/lease without any interaction or discussion with a human.

Other than a guide and common sense, what am I missing here?
I couldn’t agree more. Although my guide has been no help. Still curious to lease terms, buy out options, etc. Then, tried getting clarification on the $1000 deposit and does that go towards my overall deposit I had stated and nope, guide says it’s extra to that even tho their website stated that the $1000 deposit is included in your down payment. Frustrating to say the least. Guide also told me he was super busy and to just reply with questions. I’m assuming simple straight forward, black and white ones.
Sponsored