Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

Is this remotely efficient from an energy or time standpoint? I never tried this myself, but I would think just going straight to the charger and plug in would be better than driving around extra. You will use some energy at the charger to get the battery to the right temp (and you can see this when you click on the Session Summary button on the screen), but I would guess it is similar energy as preconditioning.
From what I've seen in some other threads, the motors will heat the battery faster than just plugging in and letting the electrical energy try heating the battery up.
Sponsored

DeanB1452

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

How come when I am charging, on the Rivian app, it says “You have limited connectivity, some features are unavailable”? This sometimes happens when I am charging at home.

However, at this instance, it’s occurring at a CharePoint station. My ChargePoint app will show me details but my Rivian app will not.
Your Rivian is connected through the cellular network. If there is low or loss of signal with the network, you will get that message. So for the instance at the ChargePoint station, your phone or the Rivian isn't communicating with the cellular network, but ChargePoint may be on a different network or have a hardwired connection.

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think I had cruise control set to 78. Running on 20" Cooper Discoverer ATP II Tires. I was also hauling a handicapped power chair attached to a carrier on the hitch.
Gotcha. Doesn’t sound bad at all now
Sponsored