Power to rear view mirror dead

Jeevesbond

First Name
Jb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
Hey guys so i have a mirror tap radar detector. Was working great for last 7-8 mos but today it fell off windshield and power went out. I pulled trim and pushed the taps
Back in but no power. Wondering if its the fuse to the mirror tape cable itself or is it the fuse to the rear view mirror. Got a torx and went to passenger side and got to fusebox but cant even pull the fuse f63 out to examine it cuz no space for me to look or put hand in over there so tight. Any ideas on testing if its mirror tap fuse vs rear view mirror? What else is powered off the rear view mirror. I have a multimeter at home but wont be home for a day or two to try and check. Is there a way to test. The mirror itself if its working? If it is a fuse will rivian fix it or send me a new fuse? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeevesbond

First Name
Jb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
Update. Went outside in dark and tested and rear view mirror dims to light so assume power from rivian fuse is ok. Will try new wire taps and see if maybe fuse in it went down

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Update. Went outside in dark and tested and rear view mirror dims to light so assume power from rivian fuse is ok. Will try new wire taps and see if maybe fuse in it went down
I've had the mirror tap inline fuses fail before in other vehicles. Annoying since they aren't replaceable short of buying a new wire.
Sponsored