First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This is what I see - my R1S (labeled as R1S 01), with two reservations (labeled as R2 02 and R2 03) below.

1709911657658.png
Interesting and you bought yours 3rd party, not directly from Rivian? Some are getting this.

Rivian R1T R1S Priority R2 delivery for R1 owners announced! 1709911801401

I think that is where the issue may be coming in. Something on the backend isn't connecting the existing R1 and then those are getting the "welcome to the family" email instead of the "priority" email.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Interesting and you bought yours 3rd party, not directly from Rivian? Some are getting this.

1709911801401.png

I think that is where the issue may be coming in. Something on the backend isn't connecting the existing R1 and then those are getting the "welcome to the family" email instead of the "priority" email.
I actually got both the Welcome to the family and the priority delivery emails.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I actually got both the Welcome to the family and the priority delivery emails.
Same here - I was logged in when I made the reservation as well. Same holdup as a few others with not having my phone number though and having to get that in

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I think this is a brilliant move. It builds on existing loyalty, and places most deliveries near existing service centers and charging infrastructure. Many of us are already enthusiastic brand ambassadors. Also, there won't be so many of the viral horror stories where an EV rookie can't plan a route properly and wails about their horrible experience with the vehicle.

My wife and I watched the reveal yesterday and it was great fun. We're looking forward to a Rivian as her next vehicle.

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

1709911801401.png

I bought mine from a pre-price hike buyer who wanted to keep it but had bought a BMW X7 while waiting and would have taken a hit on its depreciation. It had 400 miles on it. I got it fully registered in Rivian's systems after a few emails back and forth with his guide. The email that came yesterday, from which I took the R1 owner priority screenshot above, was titled "Get to know R2". I'm not sure which list it's emailed to. I think I'm not all on the lists, I've never received an email titled "owner update" if there is such a thing.

FWIW, I used the same email address for the two reservations as on my account.

Edit - and I was logged in when I made the two reservations. I had trouble making them with Apple Pay - could never get the confirm button to activate - so just filled in the credit card info.

Sponsored

Armando

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Tundra, MBZ GLE AMG 53, 66 Mustang Conv
Occupation
Winery owner
Current R1S (and probably R1T) owners get priority based on the email I received:

"As an R1S owner, we’re excited to offer you priority delivery2 when you reserve your R2 so you can be among the first to experience our next adventure."

1709850301977.png

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Now that I know all you jokers got the same email I feel less special😞
I sent out an email to all the posters to pretend that we didn't get the email so you would feel special. I guess some didn't get it......LOLOLOL

Captain JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Clubs

Does the R2 have a full size spare or did they make the same mistake again? JB

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Does the R2 have a full size spare or did they make the same mistake again? JB
Haven't seen this yet, but guessing it's another compact spare. Which is probably fine for R2 - but not really a good story for the R1S that is supposed to be more serious off-roader. In fact, that's one of the reasons I kept my GX470. I might eventually get a hitch mount spare holder but...I dunno, just doesn't feel right.

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
And there it is....2 autos now on my profile..the first is my R1T, the second, the R2. If you click on the 2nd auto, you'll see R2 and the receipt for the deposit...It populated within a few hours of my reservation!!!!
reservation!!!
Rivian R1T R1S Priority R2 delivery for R1 owners announced! Screen Shot 2024-03-08 at 11.55.24 AM

Sponsored

bendrumin

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Acura RDX
Occupation
Salesforce Developer
I bought mine from a pre-price hike buyer who wanted to keep it but had bought a BMW X7 while waiting and would have taken a hit on its depreciation. It had 400 miles on it. I got it fully registered in Rivian's systems after a few emails back and forth with his guide. The email that came yesterday, from which I took the R1 owner priority screenshot above, was titled "Get to know R2". I'm not sure which list it's emailed to. I think I'm not all on the lists, I've never received an email titled "owner update" if there is such a thing.

FWIW, I used the same email address for the two reservations as on my account.

Edit - and I was logged in when I made the two reservations. I had trouble making them with Apple Pay - could never get the confirm button to activate - so just filled in the credit card info.
I am on the same boat, I get that error when looking at my R1 (third party after my Model X was totaled) and havent received any owner update emails either. My R2 is showing up on my account though as a reservation

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
R1T owners get the same email, I did. Its a good brand-loyalty move.

Augsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands (R2 reservation)
Occupation
Retired
This is awesome news. Last year ('23) we cancelled our R1S order when Rivian could not provide a spare tire and we knew the R2 was coming. Since we are now not an existing R1 owner, we will not get the first of the R2's. That means the bugs can have time to get shaken out and maybe the R2's spare tire is available.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I was among the first 6000 to reserve an R1. For years, I believed that I had a good place in line. But I missed the 4-day window to configure a Launch Edition R1 (which Rivian said included "Priority Delivery"). Eventually, my non-priority delivery happened 1756 days after I reserved.

This time will be different because I'll be getting "priority delivery" ... whatever that is. If I get an R2 before Christmas 2028, it'll be an improvement.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

"Rivian will offer you priority access to configure a Rivian R2 vehicle and to delivery appointments for your R2 purchase or lease. The timing of such priority access will be determined by Rivian at its sole discretion once R2 vehicles are generally made available to the public for purchase in your area."

Wait, so after R2 vehicles are generally available to the public for purchase, then Rivian will determine the timing of my priority access to configure an R2.

I can't make this stuff up.
Sponsored