seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I posted this over on Reddit, but thought I should share this with the RF community, as well. Rivian changed their policy regarding listing Rivian Service Center addresses as your delivery address, and didn't communicate that until updates were sent out today. My R1S delivery estimate was pushed back during the January update, so I took some advice from other forum members and redditors suggesting that I change my delivery address from my home in Los Angeles to the Service Center in El Segundo.

Understandably, as soon as I changed the delivery address to the El Segundo Service Center, the estimated delivery window on my account changed to "Processing estimate." I figured I would receive a new estimate with this April update, but I received an email today stating that Rivian cannot provide an estimate because they cannot deliver to Rivian locations. This is frustrating because I have to wait another three months for an updated estimate, and it's very possible I slid further back in the line. All Rivian had to do was include a sentence or two detailing this change in policy when they sent their "Ensure Accurate Delivery Window Estimate" email on April 6th.

I just wanted to share my experience to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Rivian R1T R1S PSA: Don't change your delivery address to a Rivian Service Center Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 11.30.51 AM
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I posted this over on Reddit, but thought I should share this with the RF community, as well. Rivian changed their policy regarding listing Rivian Service Center addresses as your delivery address, and didn't communicate that until updates were sent out today. My R1S delivery estimate was pushed back during the January update, so I took some advice from other forum members and redditors suggesting that I change my delivery address from my home in Los Angeles to the Service Center in El Segundo.

Understandably, as soon as I changed the delivery address to the El Segundo Service Center, the estimated delivery window on my account changed to "Processing estimate." I figured I would receive a new estimate with this April update, but I received an email today stating that Rivian cannot provide an estimate because they cannot deliver to Rivian locations. This is frustrating because I have to wait another three months for an updated estimate, and it's very possible I slid further back in the line. All Rivian had to do was include a sentence or two detailing this change in policy when they sent their "Ensure Accurate Delivery Window Estimate" email on April 6th.

I just wanted to share my experience to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 11.30.51 AM.png
It maybe less impactful than you think. Change it back to your address, the updated status will not change but does not mean you will not randomly be picked up via a match or shop access.

Overtime the only thing we have really learned about this process is that the only thing we know for certain is that we know nothing for certain.

OP
OP
seanocono

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It maybe less impactful than you think. Change it back to your address, the updated status will not change but does not mean you will not randomly be picked up via a match or shop access.

Overtime the only thing we have really learned about this process is that the only thing we know for certain is that we know nothing for certain.
Haha. So true! Thanks for the encouragement.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I agree, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Just change it to your address or another real address and even without your estimate changing it could put you in line again.

I’m not sure this is actually a change in policy for Rivian. There have been others here who said they tried to use the factory address and were told it’s a non starter. I can’t think of anyone who did try it who successfully took delivery.

OP
OP
seanocono

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yeah, I hope you're right. I'll cling to that for now. It's just hard to see "Processing estimate" on your account for another few months after having it for the past few months already.

In regards to the policy, it's definitely new. I made the change based on specific advice from posts and DMs, and based on the comments from my Reddit post, there are others who received the same advice and made the same mistake of changing their delivery address to their local Service Center.

Sponsored

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Yeah, my delivery address had been set to a PO box (I think it just defaulted to my billing/mailing address), and when I chatted with customer service earlier this month, they said I needed to change it to a physical address. I'd like to think that snafu didn't put me further back in line....

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This is frustrating because I have to wait another three months for an updated estimate, and it's very possible I slid further back in the line.
@moosetags finally changed their address from an undeliverable to another in a deliverable area and almost immediately got matched with a Rivian and contacted by a guide. So definitely change it back and move on.
Sponsored