First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
You'll love the Rivian for sure. The Quad/Max Pack Battery isn't a thing and as far as I recall won't be a thing. If you want the Max battery, then you'll need to go with he Dual Motors. Overall the dual motors are more efficient than the Quads. One thing to note about the Max battery at the moment is that it's only about an additional 11kWh - which is about 20-23ish miles depending on the tires selected.

I have the 20" AT Tires and get just a little less than 2 miles/kWh. On a road trip up to from the Bay Area to Seattle and back, I was getting about 160-190 miles out of a 85-25% charge. That's about three hours of driving per charge.
Sponsored

Treebeard

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Fire Marshal
Clubs

Not sure how these forums workā€¦ so forgive me if this is NOT the intention of this systemā€¦

The Set up: I have hovered my finger over the ā€˜orderā€™ button a few times now.. to pull the trigger on an RT1. I work in sales and on the road 200-250 miles in a day (on my heavy days) but really averaging around 150 miles a day and counting in my 2018 model three (185k and climbing). Needless to say, Iā€™m hitting the supercharger on the road far too often as i do not have the range I would like. I DO have a home chargerā€¦

Sold my F150 work truck and I want the Rt1 with all the advantages I get with the quad motors when playing in the woods (Oregon Boy) ā€¦ but Iā€™m told the MAX PACK for the quad motor will be a thingā€¦ at a ā€˜later dateā€™ā€¦. And dropping 100k on a truck.. i want to do this right.

THE QUESTION(s):
1: If most of my time is highway miles, and i swap the truck into Conserve modeā€¦ is 200 REAL drive miles (SoCal located) a realistic thing? Or should I hold out for this MAX PACK QUAD (when ever that is) or is the whole argument stupid and just go with the dual with the max pack.

2: Is the Quad Max Pack a real thing and worth holding out for?

3: Iā€™m reading that Rivian is swapping to Lithium battery system ā€˜in 2024ā€™ - is this a thing now and how do we feel about the battery swap?

I need a 250k mile truckā€¦. Iā€™m hoping this is the solution.

Thanks in advance and happy chargingā€¦
Have you looked in the already built section? You should have no issues getting the milage you need in CA. I go 200 miles in 20 degree weather in VT on conserve mode, large pack with miles left over. It really depends on how you drive and your tires. Get the 21" tires. If you need snow tires buy aftermarket 20" wheels so you have a wide selection of tires. I use my 21" in the snow without much of an issue.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Can anyone comment on range using A/S 20's?

Also, great information on this thread. Making me feel real good about limited downsides with the "older" quad.
QM 20"A/T in conserve(going to get 30K out of these tires)
This was 70% freeway cruise set at 70mph the rest was hwy/city, rolling hills & 50-60F
A long border wait caused the low average speed.
That is not too bad considering EPA is 274 miles.
Will be much better when I switch to 60series A/S.
Extrapolated the below would be:
90%-10% =248miles
80%-10%= 217miles
80%-20%= 186miles

Rivian R1T R1S Quad Motor on Conservative Drive Setting and Battery Changes IMG_4080

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
300 real miles on a charge, changing tires at 25k is champagne problemsā€¦. This is good info. Thatā€™s the other question i was going to ask - quad motor with 21ā€ā€¦..
I have 22ā€ tiresā€¦replaced at 19k with Continental terrain contact H/T. They have a 70k mile warranty. With 6k on them now, very little wear and a great tire. These should last a long time vs OEMā€™s.
Sponsored