Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm also a Jan 2022 preorder and confirmed shortly after you. I just got denied shop access by my guide for the same reason (shop offers are extended by preorder date and they have only granted access to preorder holders through mid-2021). Seems this isn't "really" the case. Any secret password or handshake I need to know to get me in?
I was told NO shop access in November and December, but was given shop access in January. My delivery window is Dec/Jan but that's looking like it's not going to be met with every day that goes by...
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Any secret password or handshake I need to know to get me in?
Well, if we told you it wouldn't be a secret now would it? 😁

Patients grasshopper... your time will come!!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I did. I confirmed my configuration, then spoke with my guide and she said she could "lock" my order for now so I can wait on the PTC. She mentioned that they were expecting the revision to be ready q1 of 2023..... but of course we all know how that goes.

I'm no in rush to get the truck so I don't mind waiting to see how things play out, unless I can snag a launch green lol. Part of me feels like even after the PTC is revised, they are going to implement something to prevent the pre price hike orders from getting it.
All I did was ask again this side of the year, figured that previous excuse was moot. 😅

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
Well, if we told you it wouldn't be a secret now would it? 😁

Patients grasshopper... your time will come!!
Having flashbacks to all those family holiday dinners where I was told I still needed to sit at the kids table...

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Pretty significant decrease in R1 shop trucks for SoCal, about half gone in a day. Think I saw 20 left in there. Nothing new added.

Edit: After an hour down to 12 left. Dont know if they are removing the vehicles from the shop or people are snatching up, but had been pretty stagnant for a week with little movement till today.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Pretty significant decrease in R1 shop trucks for SoCal, about half gone in a day. Think I saw 20 left in there. Nothing new added.

Edit: After an hour down to 12 left. Dont know if they are removing the vehicles from the shop or people are snatching up, but had been pretty stagnant for a week with little movement till today.
Denver is down to 26 from 51 on Monday!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Scratch that there was an email that went out today at 2 o’clock and now the Denver shop is down to just five trucks!! 5!!!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Scratch that, just heard from my guide - she confirmed the powered tonneau cover redesign coming in 2023 and that I'm able to wait but if I want a car in my Dec-Jan window I should keep the manual cover configured as-is. She also said I cannot get access to the Shop as my truck is scheduled for production and I should have my exact truck soon regardless!
Whelp still no truck but I do have shop access now - my how things change!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I found out my guide had no idea what my estimated config date was prior to the "processing estimate." I was previously estimated Dec-Jan when I confirmed my config it went into processing and I was assigned a guide. When I asked my guide about any progress on my delivery I was told no (a few times since confirming config in 11/22), and to look out for an update by the end of Jan 2023. When I just recently brought up that my original estimate was Dec-Jan and if theres any chance I would still fit within that original estimate, they were surprised and didnt believe me at first (showed them a screenshot I had taken) and now investigating why the delivery hasn't occurred yet..

They also said it's highly unlikely that my config was ever going to be delivered in Dec-Jan because it's based on location and purchase date. I kindly (lol) explained that I live 15 mins from a service center + an hour from two more service centers in SoCal and obtaining delivery 1 year from order date for the R1T shouldn't be all that unusual anymore.

Really strange..

Last edited:

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I found out my guide had no idea what my estimated config date was prior to the "processing estimate." I was previously estimated Dec-Jan when I confirmed my config it went into processing and I was assigned a guide. When I asked my guide about any progress on my delivery I was told no (a few times since confirming config in 11/22), and to look out for an update by the end of Jan 2023. When I just recently brought up that my original estimate was Dec-Jan and if theres any chance I would still fit within that original estimate, they were surprised and didnt believe me at first (showed them a screenshot I had taken) and now investigating why the delivery hasn't occurred yet..

They also said it's highly unlikely that my config was ever going to be delivered in Dec-Jan because it's based on location and purchase date. I kindly (lol) explained that I live 15 mins from a service center + an hour from two more service centers in SoCal and obtaining delivery 1 year from order date for the R1T shouldn't be all that unusual anymore.

Really strange..
This is exactly what happened to me. I was Dec-Jan and then once I confirmed my config it went to "processing" as well. My guide won't give me any updates on when I should expect delivery and clearly it's not going to come in the next 12 days so.......

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
This is exactly what happened to me. I was Dec-Jan and then once I confirmed my config it went to "processing" as well. My guide won't give me any updates on when I should expect delivery and clearly it's not going to come in the next 12 days so.......
Id maybe let them know your original estimate as well, seems like they dont see back end details on the order. Or maybe the estimate gets completely cleared once it goes into processing, which is a really dumb system when the only change we made was "confirm configuration."

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Id maybe let them know your original estimate as well, seems like they dont see back end details on the order. Or maybe the estimate gets completely cleared once it goes into processing, which is a really dumb system when the only change we made was "confirm configuration."
you are assuming I actually get replies from my guide, which is a very good assumption, but the reality is one out of every five messages probably gets answered.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

Make that three of us (at least). I talked to my guide last Thursday and she said I was still on track in my delivery window Dec-Jan. I don't see how that is possible. I also asked for shop access but I don't have it so I guess I was rejected?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Make that three of us (at least). I talked to my guide last Thursday and she said I was still on track in my delivery window Dec-Jan. I don't see how that is possible. I also asked for shop access but I don't have it so I guess I was rejected?
I lost count but I asked for shop access (nicely) quite a few times once I saw similar order dates getting them.. still took a month before I got access. But with your original order date you definitely should have received your vehicle by now. How far are you from the Denver service center?

I also was told that all shop trucks are still 2022 VINs so just an FYI.
Sponsored