Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

I lost count but I asked for shop access (nicely) quite a few times once I saw similar order dates getting them.. still took a month before I got access. But with your original order date you definitely should have received your vehicle by now. How far are you from the Denver service center?

I also was told that all shop trucks are still 2022 VINs so just an FYI.
Google maps says 17.5 miles so not far :) Good to know about the 2022 VINs, my current car situation is that I have to jump start my car every time I want to drive it, it is certainly not going to pass emissions after both my catelytic converters were stolen and replaced and it needs to be driven off a cliff. I could use a car sooner than later and might actually be fine with a match not exactly what I wanted.

tldr; I really actually need a new car.
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I found out my guide had no idea what my estimated config date was prior to the "processing estimate." I was previously estimated Dec-Jan when I confirmed my config it went into processing and I was assigned a guide. When I asked my guide about any progress on my delivery I was told no (a few times since confirming config in 11/22), and to look out for an update by the end of Jan 2023. When I just recently brought up that my original estimate was Dec-Jan and if theres any chance I would still fit within that original estimate, they were surprised and didnt believe me at first (showed them a screenshot I had taken) and now investigating why the delivery hasn't occurred yet..

They also said it's highly unlikely that my config was ever going to be delivered in Dec-Jan because it's based on location and purchase date. I kindly (lol) explained that I live 15 mins from a service center + an hour from two more service centers in SoCal and obtaining delivery 1 year from order date for the R1T shouldn't be all that unusual anymore.

Really strange..
This is really weird for your guide to say... like how did they respond when you told them where you are? I asked my guide for shop access as well and I never got it but he found me a shop truck on his own and assigned the vin to me. Might be worth asking about, or ask to switch to Kareem, who is a great guide (he just helped me with some service center bs).

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I lost count but I asked for shop access (nicely) quite a few times once I saw similar order dates getting them.. still took a month before I got access. But with your original order date you definitely should have received your vehicle by now. How far are you from the Denver service center?

Agree. Just keep asking. I was told emphatically NO in November because "my vehicle was already batched for production" right after confirmation of my configuration. I gained access in January after asking 2-3 more times. Keep pressing! I'm 18 miles from the Denver Service Center.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
This is really weird for your guide to say... like how did they respond when you told them where you are? I asked my guide for shop access as well and I never got it but he found me a shop truck on his own and assigned the vin to me. Might be worth asking about, or ask to switch to Kareem, who is a great guide (he just helped me with some service center bs).
Thanks for the info. To be fair my guide is very nice and responsive, just had some weird contradictory convos, but I guess something good came out of the most recent one.

Guide got back to me and said my config just started production, no 8 steps yet, but gave me a VIN PN in 18k range. I was told 6-10 weeks of waiting continued so guess my delivery shifted to Feb-March from Dec-Jan. I really hope I get it by the end of March for the tax credit extension.

Last edited:

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Annnnd my shop access is gone. Was fun / tempting looking at trucks on the daily. But 2023 VIN was a hard line.

Sponsored

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV

My truck I just got from the shop is a 2023 VIN so could either be just luck or truly a mix in the shop now. But definitely not all are 2022. Maybe your guide was able to see your shop at the time you asked and that was the case at that moment

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
My truck I just got from the shop is a 2023 VIN so could either be just luck or truly a mix in the shop now. But definitely not all are 2022. Maybe your guide was able to see your shop at the time you asked and that was the case at that moment
This could have been it, what they were able to see at the time. Although I’ve been told from the onset of my shop access this month that for foreseeable future until 2022 inventory clears out, shop cars will be 2022s. Clearly I’ve been misinformed.

Last edited:

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
It's weird that you only got guide contact 11/22 for a Dec-Jan window when a bunch of us in Jan-Feb windows got confirms on 11/11 ... what is happening lol. Still waiting, just reached out to guide again today for a "way to get delivery sooner" and to check on the status. Are you folks just texting your guides? I prefer not to have a phone call every single time I ask this question.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
It's weird that you only got guide contact 11/22 for a Dec-Jan window when a bunch of us in Jan-Feb windows got confirms on 11/11 ... what is happening lol
11/2022, but yea dunno 🤷‍♂️. Still a bunch of 2021 orders that haven’t been fulfilled.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
That's my thought is that year end they shotgunned in guide calls to a broader scope and then they dialed it back when they reasonably could not fulfill those orders, so we got contacted too early. Most of us have received zero information since Nov 11 including no shop access

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Annnnd my shop access is gone. Was fun / tempting looking at trucks on the daily. But 2023 VIN was a hard line.
Same here.. a 2022 VIN a month in to 2023 without a discount doesn't fly. Rivian made a mistake (IMO) waiting till the last second to shift to 2023 VINs because it doesn't account for vehicles sitting in the factory yard, those in transit or orphans in The R1 Shop. Even Tesla now shifts to the next year's VINs in late Sept which prevents leftovers in their stock once the calendar year changes.
Like Tesla, Rivian will learn and most likely shift to producing the next year's VINs much earlier in the year.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Same here.. a 2022 VIN a month in to 2023 without a discount doesn't fly. Rivian made a mistake (IMO) waiting till the last second to shift to 2023 VINs because it doesn't account for vehicles sitting in the factory yard, those in transit or orphans in The R1 Shop. Even Tesla now shifts to the next year's VINs in late Sept which prevents leftovers in their stock once the calendar year changes.
Like Tesla, Rivian will learn and most likely shift to producing the next year's VINs much earlier in the year.
100 percent agree.. this was a rookie mistake, really surprised their managers didn’t think of this. I’m guessing this year the 24’s will be produced in October or November if they learned anything.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I found out my guide had no idea what my estimated config date was prior to the "processing estimate." I was previously estimated Dec-Jan when I confirmed my config it went into processing and I was assigned a guide. When I asked my guide about any progress on my delivery I was told no (a few times since confirming config in 11/22), and to look out for an update by the end of Jan 2023. When I just recently brought up that my original estimate was Dec-Jan and if theres any chance I would still fit within that original estimate, they were surprised and didnt believe me at first (showed them a screenshot I had taken) and now investigating why the delivery hasn't occurred yet..

They also said it's highly unlikely that my config was ever going to be delivered in Dec-Jan because it's based on location and purchase date. I kindly (lol) explained that I live 15 mins from a service center + an hour from two more service centers in SoCal and obtaining delivery 1 year from order date for the R1T shouldn't be all that unusual anymore.

Really strange..
Got a reply from my guide today on this. They basically told me that back in November we discussed the Dec-Jan delivery window and that I'm supposedly still in the window, although I find it very unlikely I'll take delivery in the next 12 days. It seems like the majority of the replies tend to be pretty stock boilerplate stuff, so they then told me "they'll be sharing refreshed delivery windows at the end of January and we'll know if there have been any adjustments to my delivery window." Wait whaaaa? Why provide a delivery window in the first place if it's going to change?

They also told me I can access the shop for delivery "within 8 weeks or sooner" and that they couldn't speculate on whether waiting or taking a shop vehicle would get me behind the wheel sooner.

Other than confirming my artificial delivery window of Dec-Jan was and is still valid, I didn't find the reply very helpful. I just want a REAL reply and not some stock language. It seems like they are just copy and pasting from a "what to say" sheet.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Got a reply from my guide today on this. They basically told me that back in November we discussed the Dec-Jan delivery window and that I'm supposedly still in the window, although I find it very unlikely I'll take delivery in the next 12 days. It seems like the majority of the replies tend to be pretty stock boilerplate stuff, so they then told me "they'll be sharing refreshed delivery windows at the end of January and we'll know if there have been any adjustments to my delivery window." Wait whaaaa? Why provide a delivery window in the first place if it's going to change?

They also told me I can access the shop for delivery "within 8 weeks or sooner" and that they couldn't speculate on whether waiting or taking a shop vehicle would get me behind the wheel sooner.

Other than confirming my artificial delivery window of Dec-Jan was and is still valid, I didn't find the reply very helpful. I just want a REAL reply and not some stock language. It seems like they are just copy and pasting from a "what to say" sheet.
Tesla purchase was a smooth process. This somehow has felt more complicated.

Last edited:

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well, I got my eight step email this morning and who knows maybe they will actually hit the January delivery window. Going to work on completing these today.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room 6667D841-2F7A-42A3-90E6-84EF2B84CF33
Sponsored