Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Well, I got my eight step email this morning and who knows maybe they will actually hit the January delivery window. Going to work on completing these today.

6667D841-2F7A-42A3-90E6-84EF2B84CF33.jpeg
Congrats! šŸ¾
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Congrats! šŸ¾
Whatā€™s funny is I literally talk to my Guide yesterday and they really couldnā€™t tell me anything and today I get the eight step emailā€¦

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Whatā€™s funny is I literally talk to my Guide yesterday and they really couldnā€™t tell me anything and today I get the eight step emailā€¦
Funny how that works.. šŸ˜…. Hope you get yours soon! Well deserved.

Have you been able to see your VIN range yet?

Last edited:

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
All this talk of guides has me worried. I got a Dec22-Jan23 delivery window, and I've heard nothing. No guide. I chatted CS a week or so ago and didn't get anything but the boiler plate responses others have mentioned. I have somewhat flexible wants, so I'd love shop access, but that doesn't seem likely. I fully expect my updated delivery window to move out 2-3 months minimum. R1T just may not be in the cards for me...

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
All this talk of guides has me worried. I got a Dec22-Jan23 delivery window, and I've heard nothing. No guide. I chatted CS a week or so ago and didn't get anything but the boiler plate responses others have mentioned. I have somewhat flexible wants, so I'd love shop access, but that doesn't seem likely. I fully expect my updated delivery window to move out 2-3 months minimum. R1T just may not be in the cards for me...
I would ask CS to grant you shop access some have reported CS doing that for them.

Sponsored

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
I would ask CS to grant you shop access some have reported CS doing that for them.
Good suggestion, but it didn't seem to help. Just got off with a CS chat. They said they would make a note in my profile that I'm flexible and would like shop access, but that they couldn't grant it. The rest of the chat was the typical "look for the next deliver estimate updates at the end of the month" BS.

I try not to be influenced by all the negative comments on how dysfunctional Rivian seems to be, but its hard not to be when it aligns with your experience. Manufacturing & supply chain issues aside, it should really not be that difficult to put orders in a queue and follow through.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
Well, I got my eight step email this morning
Nice! Congrats!
Hopefully your truck moves faster than mine. Iā€™m almost a month out from finishing my steps and it still hasnā€™t reached Denver yet, but its possible progress got stunted by holidays etc.

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
This thread reminds me of the Model X Waiting Room over at TMC. That thread got me through some rough times!

I have a data point and a question: I ordered in March or April 2021. Changed my configuration from R1S to R1T just before the 15th, and Bam! - I am scheduled for a factory delivery this Saturday.

Now for my question: for anyone that has taken or is about to take delivery, how do you feel about paying prior to seeing the car?? To Tesla's credit, you can show up on the date of delivery, fine-tooth-comb the car and pay on the spot. It appears that Rivian wants payment prior to delivery, which gives me a little anxiety.

One option is to get a certified check, send them an image of it ahead of time and hand carry the check with me. In that case, I suppose I could walk away.

On the other hand, it appears that Rivian offers a generous return policy - you can return the car within a week. I suppose I could invoke that if I got to the delivery and there was an issue?

Sorry if this has already been covered!

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
When you are at the whim of a private business on accepting a return request, you lose any sort of power over purchase you made. Doesn't matter how flexible their 7 day return policy may seem. Bring the certified check if they allow it, there's literally no reason not to. Consumer protection is a good thing.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Just got shop access today, Black/LA Silver/White config.. now I am getting picky. The wait continues šŸ¤“

Sponsored

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
I also got shop access yesterday. I guess the Jan preorder + 11/11 guide assignment folks made it to the front of the line. Only seeing black and white trucks in the shop. Both of which are colors I have ruled out. Tempted by one of the white ones to save a few $ā€™s on paint color. But I figure some new stock will drop this week.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Nice! Congrats!
Hopefully your truck moves faster than mine. Iā€™m almost a month out from finishing my steps and it still hasnā€™t reached Denver yet, but its possible progress got stunted by holidays etc.
I am still waiting for my trade-in value, submitted on Friday and says "usually takes 1 business day" but here we are...

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I wonder if shop access would have been better for me. 1/22 preorder, 11/11 confirmed configuration guide assigned, 8 steps and vin 12/28, and 6 of the 8 steps have been done since early January. Still waiting on schedule delivery to unlock. It shouldnā€™t take a month to ship a truck from Normal to Portland. Iā€™m starting to get concerned something may have happened to it in transit.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I wonder if shop access would have been better for me. 1/22 preorder, 11/11 confirmed configuration guide assigned, 8 steps and vin 12/28, and 6 of the 8 steps have been done since early January. Still waiting on schedule delivery to unlock. It shouldnā€™t take a month to ship a truck from Normal to Portland. Iā€™m starting to get concerned something may have happened to it in transit.
It took almost 3 weeks for me to get a shop truck from normal to LA when they where using trucks. I believe theyā€™re back to rail, which Iā€™m told is much slower.

Last edited:

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I thought for a while it would be less than a year from order to delivery. Iā€™m just ready to start the ā€œadventureā€œ. šŸ˜šŸ˜
Sponsored