Sponsored

Chris TX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model S, Volt
Clubs

How did they botch the range so bad on their test? I can easily do 300 miles at 70mph in my quad with all-terrains and large battery pack.

How did they only manage 260 miles with a max pack dual motor with street tires?
They probably weren't in Conservation mode. I regularly get over the EPA rating in that mode, on the highway.
Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
They probably weren't in Conservation mode. I regularly get over the EPA rating in that mode, on the highway.
Dual motor cars have automatic conserve, you don't have to engage it. It will automatically disengage the rear motor when not needed

Chris TX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model S, Volt
Clubs

Dual motor cars have automatic conserve, you don't have to engage it. It will automatically disengage the rear motor when not needed
Well that's cool. I wonder if it's a Bosch vs Rivian thing.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Looks like they finally released a video for their review…

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Why did they include the CT in a "real world" test?

The CT is for folks who think they will be shot at regularly, don't care to see behind them when going in reverse, and want to use their truck as a boat on "not too choppy seas".
Hey, be nice. The bullet-resistant body is stupid and should never have been promoted, but the reverse camera and 4-wheel steering make backing up a breeze. There’s even a front-facing camera that lets you see in front of you while driving at low speeds. And the wade mode compresses the battery pack to protect it from damage in up to 31 inches of water.

Sponsored

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
Hey, be nice. The bullet-resistant body is stupid and should never have been promoted, but the reverse camera and 4-wheel steering make backing up a breeze. There’s even a front-facing camera that lets you see in front of you while driving at low speeds. And the wade mode compresses the battery pack to protect it from damage in up to 31 inches of water.
I find backing up the R1T a breeze... the front wheels turn quite sharp actually, reminiscent of my old Subaru. It definitely has a tighter turning radius than the Ridgeline it replaced.

R1T has a front-facing camera...

R1T doesn't need a special wade mode...

Sorry I'm not sure what you are driving at...

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
i just think that if someone likes something, they shouldn’t have to crap all over something or someone else to prove it. We’ve got enough of that in this country.

Comparisons are fun, but some of these comments seem like personal attacks. EV owners should lift each other up, not tear each other down.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yes, it’s very convenient to wait 10 minutes after you turn on the “scuba pack” to actually enter the water. It’s also puzzling since Rivian’s fording depth is 43 inches without this requirement.🤷🏼‍♂️

The rear camera is also causing problems:

Tesla Cybertruck is difficult to maneuver, Sandy Munro says, and he hit a wall with it

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
i just think that if someone likes something, they shouldn’t have to crap all over something or someone else to prove it. We’ve got enough of that in this country.

Comparisons are fun, but some of these comments seem like personal attacks. EV owners should lift each other up, not tear each other down.
Totally fair point. I think the reason I take umbrage with the Cybertruck is that Musk let his ego get in the way again and his engineers managed to pull a rabbit out of a hat again. I guess I'm disappointed for what the Model X could have been several years ago, and for the Cybertruck now. Instead he goes for maximum flash instead of just making a damn solid vehicle. Anywho, I guess I should thank him for pushing me away to a better product anyways in the Rivian.

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Totally fair point. I think the reason I take umbrage with the Cybertruck is that Musk let his ego get in the way again and his engineers managed to pull a rabbit out of a hat again. I guess I'm disappointed for what the Model X could have been several years ago, and for the Cybertruck now. Instead he goes for maximum flash instead of just making a damn solid vehicle. Anywho, I guess I should thank him for pushing me away to a better product anyways in the Rivian.
People definitely have to give it up to the Tesla engineers. They’re making the impossible, possible. Their next feat will be an affordable compact SUV that could start production next year.

I think Rivian is a great brand with some compelling products, especially their next gen R2, R3, and R3X. I’m excited for them to succeed. I hope they come back with the reengineered R1s this summer and really kick some ass.
Sponsored