First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
That first pic looks pretty close in size to the R1S. Probably the angle but it makes me feel better about whether my big ass will look silly in it.
Not probably. Most definitely is, with lens distortion thrown in for free. If interpreting 3D perspectives in 2D medium is a challenge, you can always look to the rear doors/windows. Divider vs no divider. R1S needs to partition the window because it has a larger rear doorā€”to facilitate 3rd-row ingress/egress. If they didn't partition the window, the large single pane glass would not be able to roll down. You can also see how short the R1S's cargo space is (because of the 3rd row being up).
Sponsored

OP
OP
pitbull-ny

pitbull-ny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Definitely šŸ˜‰. That building was also the location where the Glenn Close / Alex Forrest character of Fatal Attraction lived

Ced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S AT
ive heard the R2 white is not the same as the R1 white - it apparently has a light grey tint. but in these pics it looks indistinguishable.
Itā€™s a sharp color, very light grey with some blue in it.

Rivian R1T R1S R2 in NYC (Cloud White R2 Photos)! 52036AE5-BB50-4412-9110-B0CF1FDE7201

Rivian R1T R1S R2 in NYC (Cloud White R2 Photos)! C4009C17-FC64-4730-8629-B9B6E9EFEAF6

Rivian R1T R1S R2 in NYC (Cloud White R2 Photos)! 83293297-579A-467D-A7CC-0BCF8127FEC9

Ced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S AT
That first pic looks pretty close in size to the R1S. Probably the angle but it makes me feel better about whether my big ass will look silly in it.
Itā€™s much smaller, they had a Rivian Blue R1S right behind and itā€™s not even close (with the yellow roof tent.)

Rivian R1T R1S R2 in NYC (Cloud White R2 Photos)! B6EC9199-3951-471D-87F2-EFB88BE20000

VGA

First Name
Vikas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I checked it out yesterdayā€¦literally the ā€˜mini meā€™ of R1Sā€¦tbh looked really tiny relative to the big brotherā€¦once you have the R1Sā€¦this doesnā€™t even come closeā€¦but probably more practical for nyc and a great px pointā€¦

Sponsored

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wrangler, Tesla Model X
Clubs

I saw it yesterday, too. It is much, much smaller in person than an R1S, but the interior space in the front and second row seemed very good. Second Row legroom seemed on par with the R1S. Obviously, no third row and less overall cargo volume (much smaller frunk). But if you only need 80% of the cargo room of an R1S and donā€˜t truly need a third row, itā€™s a great size.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I saw it yesterday, too. It is much, much smaller in person than an R1S, but the interior space in the front and second row seemed very good. Second Row legroom seemed on par with the R1S. Obviously, no third row and less overall cargo volume (much smaller frunk). But if you only need 80% of the cargo room of an R1S and donā€˜t truly need a third row, itā€™s a great size.
were you able to sit in it at all or did they have similar rules to other locations about that? I'm curious about how headroom compares against the R1S as that is something that I really like about my R1 and is really hard to gauge from videos.

Proxy

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Occupation
Professional
When I was there they had both drivers side doors open and signs that you arenā€™t supposed to sit in it.

Edit for speling

Last edited:

Sponsored

VGA

First Name
Vikas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Not allowed to sitā€¦so was hard to get a real feel for legroom or headroom for that matter and thats why will be a big adjustment i think for R1S owners.

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wrangler, Tesla Model X
Clubs

were you able to sit in it at all or did they have similar rules to other locations about that? I'm curious about how headroom compares against the R1S as that is something that I really like about my R1 and is really hard to gauge from videos.
We could not sit in the vehicle, but the doors were open and one of the Rivian engineers sat in it at one point. He was probably 5ā€™10ā€ and had plenty of room in the front. For the back, I would think the headroom is just as good, but itā€™s really harder to gauge headroom without sitting in it. Legroom in the back seemed very good, though.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

We could not sit in the vehicle, but the doors were open and one of the Rivian engineers sat in it at one point. He was probably 5ā€™10ā€ and had plenty of room in the front. For the back, I would think the headroom is just as good, but itā€™s really harder to gauge headroom without sitting in it. Legroom in the back seemed very good, though.
I'm mostly concerned because I am 6'5, so what seems like plenty of room to a normal size person can be cramped for me. I find the R1 cabin to be very spacious and love that aspect of it. One thing I did consider with the R1 vs R2 is that when comparing dimensions between R1 and R2, it shows the height of the R1 as 78", 11" taller than the R2 at 66.9". I am assuming that is in the highest drive mode though, as when I went out to my R1T I noticed that I can clearly see over the roof in Standard ride height, which means the roofline is about 72" so the actual difference interior height of the cabin may not be that significant between R1 and R2.

Proxy

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Occupation
Professional
I think the height dimension is the top of the shark fin antenna for the R1. The R2 allegedly isnā€™t height adjustable like the R1. It looked like about 60ā€ to the top of the roof to me. The seats also seemed like they were about a foot lower too. It might have similar head room.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I think the height dimension is the top of the shark fin antenna for the R1. The R2 allegedly isnā€™t height adjustable like the R1. It looked like about 60ā€ to the top of the roof to me. The seats also seemed like they were about a foot lower too. It might have similar head room.
The R1 height listed (78") is in highest and includes the shark fin. The prototypes of the R2 shown don't have a shark fin, and it seems unknown whether they will have one or not. Either way it would make sense that the height advertised doesn't include a shark fin. It's probably about 5" shorter than the R1 in Standard when all of that is taken into account.

The easiest thing to do would be to measure each from the rocker to the roofline and compare if someone in NY wants to volunteer to show up with a tape measurer.
Sponsored