Rail Transit - Timing

highwayoneman

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RIT
Coming back to that socal train I've been waiting for...heard from Rivian today and scheduled delivery for Tuesday! I've seen in another forum that a whole stack of Rivians arrived on the train last week...For those in SoCal, hope you're on there! I was confirmed early August so transit time on the 'quick' side for train estimates...
Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Coming back to that socal train I've been waiting for...heard from Rivian today and scheduled delivery for Tuesday! I've seen in another forum that a whole stack of Rivians arrived on the train last week...For those in SoCal, hope you're on there! I was confirmed early August so transit time on the 'quick' side for train estimates...
When did they tell you it was in transit? Iā€™m coming up on four weeks and still havenā€™t heard anything yet:(

highwayoneman

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RIT
When did they tell you it was in transit? Iā€™m coming up on four weeks and still havenā€™t heard anything yet:(
My guide has said very little and after asking twice I was only told 'in transit' with no eta. I didn't expect it for a few weeks. The week I confirmed, my initial guide contact told me it was going on a train that week...so really just 2.5 weeks. It arrived with some others that seem to have been confirmed a week prior to me so perhaps I was lucky with timing...

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

My guide has said very little and after asking twice I was only told 'in transit' with no eta. I didn't expect it for a few weeks. The week I confirmed, my initial guide contact told me it was going on a train that week...so really just 2.5 weeks. It arrived with some others that seem to have been confirmed a week prior to me so perhaps I was lucky with timing...
Ah gotcha. Well congrats man! Fingers crossed mine comes this week..

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
@R1Tkc thanks for starting this thread. I am curious as well about rail timings specifically for the Pacific Northwest. My R1S has been "in transit" for about 5 days and my guide said the next update she will be able to see is when it lands at the service center. Any others in the area who are expecting (or received) your vehicle via rail? What is the timing looking like?

Sponsored

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
What I realized is the guides are not local and are really not there to help with the ETA of delivery. Their speciality is getting you through the 8 steps then a customer service roll after you purchase.

Mine had a ballpark when it would arrive via train. No real experience with about how long till delivery. I actually went by the service center as mine was being unloaded by truck and funny enough I received an email from my guide to not expect it for another week.

Then poof 8th step email and unlocked next day and service center emailed me to confirm my pick up time. Zip from guide but once you realize they aren't there for that service it makes more sense.

jwkest22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S (Coming Soon)
Occupation
Risk Analyst
What I realized is the guides are not local and are really not there to help with the ETA of delivery. Their speciality is getting you through the 8 steps then a customer service roll after you purchase.

Mine had a ballpark when it would arrive via train. No real experience with about how long till delivery. I actually went by the service center as mine was being unloaded by truck and funny enough I received an email from my guide to not expect it for another week.

Then poof 8th step email and unlocked next day and service center emailed me to confirm my pick up time. Zip from guide but once you realize they aren't there for that service it makes more sense.
Makes total sense that the guides aren't able to provide much info regarding transit and delivery estimates. With that being said, is there anybody we can ask at our local SC for updates or do we have no choice but to wait until we're contacted to schedule delivery? It would be nice to have a ballpark estimation for planning, even if it's a 1-2 week range.

For reference, I received my VIN a little over a week ago and I was told by my guide that the truck was already built and sitting at the factory waiting to be shipped out. 8 days later, status has not changed to "In Transit" but still sitting at "Preparing Vehicle" / "READY_FOR_FULFILLMENT".

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For me, VIN assigned 7/25 and has been ā€œin transitā€ since to El Segundo. No updates on ETA or current location
eeek. My future pickup would be El Segundo. A future road trip is sounding more attractive...

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
Makes total sense that the guides aren't able to provide much info regarding transit and delivery estimates. With that being said, is there anybody we can ask at our local SC for updates or do we have no choice but to wait until we're contacted to schedule delivery? It would be nice to have a ballpark estimation for planning, even if it's a 1-2 week range.

For reference, I received my VIN a little over a week ago and I was told by my guide that the truck was already built and sitting at the factory waiting to be shipped out. 8 days later, status has not changed to "In Transit" but still sitting at "Preparing Vehicle" / "READY_FOR_FULFILLMENT".
Well my guide gave me an estimate to when the truck should arrive at the service center. Apparently rail shipping doesn't have tracking....

If I had to do it again I would just call the service center with your vin and ask. Or do what I did and drive by it twice and wonder if the blue one is mine.

Once it's there it can be ready any day barring any issues found in the pre delivery inspection.

Also bonus, the detail team did a great job and actually waxed the truck for me. When I washed it on the 2nd day of ownership it had a nice layer on it.

jwkest22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Well my guide gave me an estimate to when the truck should arrive at the service center. Apparently rail shipping doesn't have tracking....

If I had to do it again I would just call the service center with your vin and ask. Or do what I did and drive by it twice and wonder if the blue one is mine.

Once it's there it can be ready any day barring any issues found in the pre delivery inspection.

Also bonus, the detail team did a great job and actually waxed the truck for me. When I washed it on the 2nd day of ownership it had a nice layer on it.
That's great they waxed it for you, sounds like you're probably in SoCal or SF. I've heard things move pretty slowly at the Sacramento SC and my guide told me 3-8 weeks so, although it's something, it's not super helpful. In a couple of weeks I'll be tempted to drive by the SC but I'll probably just give them a call instead. Once it arrives there, it will be hard not to go take a peek šŸ˜„

Sponsored

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
For me, VIN assigned 7/25 and has been ā€œin transitā€ since to El Segundo. No updates on ETA or current location
Will the status on the last step change? As in, will it show "in transit", or do you just know that because your guide confirmed it was in transit?

Rivian R1T R1S Rail Transit - Timing Screenshot_20221007_192635

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Will the status on the last step change? As in, will it show "in transit", or do you just know that because your guide confirmed it was in transit?

Screenshot_20221007_192635.jpg
It will change only once it arrives at the SC.

You basically have no visibility until it arrives

jwkest22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Analyst
It will change only once it arrives at the SC.

You basically have no visibility until it arrives
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

kirkSD

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, R1T (FG/FE) 21"
Occupation
Engineer
Ordered from the shop 8/15. Was told it was shipping from Normal. "Ready for delivery" notification on 9/6. San Diego SC delivery. No updates in-between.
Sponsored