Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

This is excellent news! Would have preferred a little closer to Yuma, but it's still a win. The new Supercharger station at Dateland is incredible. Must be 24+ stalls all with an awning........
super dateland.jpg

You have to admit, they have style.

I wonder if we will ever seen anything like this on the east coast with tesla or the big EA ones with the canopy (or Rivian like they are putting in Utah).

Something like this along major interstates with clean bathrooms, a Starbucks or ice cream shop, and some picnic tables would make 30 minutes of charging seem like nothing
Sponsored

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory
We just recently did a day trip from Kennedy Meadows to Cerro Gordo to Alabama Hills and back to KM via the (new?) 350kw EA station at the Coso Junction rest stop that’s 17mi South of Olancha. I actually wonder if that station will cause this Olancha CA RAN station to be de-prioritized.
How was the trip/trails? Planning to do a very similar trip soon.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I haven't been by it in a bit, but CS told me the Grand Junction Colorado site is operational. It does not show up in the app yet.
this would be GREAT news for the mountain gateway!

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
How was the trip/trails? Planning to do a very similar trip soon.
The Eastern Sierras are great and with RANs in Inyokern and Bishop, plus this 350kw Coso Junction charger, Hwy 395 is pretty well covered. Adding Olancha or Lone Pine would be nice, but again, I’d put priorities elsewhere. The road to Cerro Gordo is easy and we didn’t air down (R1T + 4Runner).

Adding a RAN in Olancha probably makes Death Valley ~34mi easier and I’d take every advantage available for that.

Have fun!

Coastalmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Healthcare Administrator
Pedestals are installed at RAN Savannah GA at the Tanger Outlets

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps PXL_20230604_173833853
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps PXL_20230604_173848049
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps PXL_20230604_173901632

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Looks like progress at Christiana Mall, the United are mounted. Hoping them get them online for my end of month trip to New Hampshire from Northern VA

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps Screenshot_20230608_085406_Facebook

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Ok, with my R1S pickup scheduled for next Friday, I really need someone to find where the RAN site will be in Cherokee, NC. It’s on the “coming soon” map, but nobody has found any permits or a potential address. Any sleuths wanna help me out?

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, with my R1S pickup scheduled for next Friday, I really need someone to find where the RAN site will be in Cherokee, NC. It’s on the “coming soon” map, but nobody has found any permits or a potential address. Any sleuths wanna help me out?
I've hunted around for that one with no luck. Given that it is in a small community, finding a permit online maybe a challenge.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
@giantriv may have found Cherokee, NC!! Thanks!

58 Cherokee Crossing Road, Whittier, NC just W/NW of the Arby's in the small section of the parking lot with some trailer-length diagonal spots.

The latest satellite images available on Google Earth from April 2023, show what looks like several concrete pours for pedestals, including one next to a trailer-length spot. That's pretty decent evidence that it could be a RAN location as opposed to something else. You have to look at the "historical images" to get the latest image.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Broomfield, CO RAN was busy late morning! There was a service tech there just doing some basic maintenance and we got to talking. He said no other RAN openings planned for Colorado in Q3. He also said they were very close on Moab and it was basically a done deal but it would have cost $1.5M to update the infrastructure at the charging site they identified so it’s indefinitely on hold which is a huge bummer since it’s such a charging desert there.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_2601

Revtruk

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T / 2012 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Cameraman
Clubs

RAN is still free everywhere. Rivian said by the end of April they would start charging.
Any update on RAN fees for charging yet?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
This is excellent news! Would have preferred a little closer to Yuma, but it's still a win. The new Supercharger station at Dateland is incredible. Must be 24+ stalls all with an awning........
super dateland.jpg
Re: "24+"

It has 40 (4*10) stalls. They are prefabricated and are in groups of 4. See yellow lines. Allows them to be much cheaper and go in much faster. Discussed by head of that group on investor day.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps LpUMCfF

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps iB7gLdu

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps jKhut4c
Sponsored