First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Disappointing. I like sbux but not that much time. Better than no chargers and gives people more options. Assuming this means 160 if only one vehicle charging or some ratio depending on other vehicles soc
lol, nope.

So they're 62.5kw standalone, and "125kw" when paired. However, they are amperage limited with 200A cables if I remember (F'n Chargepoint...) so you'll get no more than 80kw, and less if two people plug in at the same time. Totally fine in metro areas for intracity charging, but not suuuuper useful for an interstate route.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
lol, nope.

So they're 62.5kw standalone, and "125kw" when paired. However, they are amperage limited with 200A cables if I remember (F'n Chargepoint...) so you'll get no more than 80kw, and less if two people plug in at the same time. Totally fine in metro areas for intracity charging, but not suuuuper useful for an interstate route.
Thx for clarifying. Never used chargepoint

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
lol, nope.

I can forgive not going with 500A cables. I imagine the cost gets pretty significant for those, but 200A just seems ridiculous. How high can you go before needing liquid cooling? It's surely somewhere between 200 and 500, right? If so, go all the way up to that threshold, for the love all coffee!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I can forgive not going with 500A cables. I imagine the cost gets pretty significant for those, but 200A just seems ridiculous. How high can you go before needing liquid cooling? It's surely somewhere between 200 and 500, right? If so, go all the way up to that threshold, for the love all coffee!
The biggest issue is the cables get unwieldly. The EVGo 500A ones with the extension tether are a huge pain in the ass in the sub freezing weather.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Broomfield CO, popped up on Rivian Nav yesterday as we drove by on 36, anyone try it?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
There are either 350 or 400A air cooled cables out there. I don't remember which it is specifically, but it's definitely doable. This is a constant issue with Chargepoint, they seem intent on charging cables for 800v vehicles and not 400v.

COTrails

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE (GW, FE, 21"), Audi A4
Occupation
Engineer
Broomfield CO, popped up on Rivian Nav yesterday as we drove by on 36, anyone try it?
Used it to great effect on Saturday! Nav was showing 4/6 available. I showed up to one pedestal red, five white, and no one around. Charging started up with zero hassle. Had a Tesla owner stop by to see what her Rivian will look like when it arrives in 2024---RAN as a showroom!

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Seems like an uptick on the RAN installs lately. Maybe a supply chain block was cleared? I was listening to an "All Electric Family" podcast that is a couple of weeks old and they were talking to a utility guy in the midwest and he was saying how there was/is a huge backlog on parts for electrical systems.

Still hoping Chritiana Mall DE gets online before my trip from DC to NH in mid-June

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
waiting for Texas love (from anyone at this point)
Do you have interest in opening a bucees style stop in Dallas, Houston and Austin/San Antonio where we offer 20 charging stations at 350kW each, along with the cleanest bathrooms and some restaurants?

We would $$$$.

Seems like an uptick on the RAN installs lately. Maybe a supply chain block was cleared? I was listening to an "All Electric Family" podcast that is a couple of weeks old and they were talking to a utility guy in the midwest and he was saying how there was/is a huge backlog on parts for electrical systems.

Still hoping Chritiana Mall DE gets online before my trip from DC to NH in mid-June
On the last earnings call they had the charging network guy on there and he said their issue was wanting to make sure to test, get it right, make some changes and take feedback, then ramp. Effectively, they were going slow on purpose and trying to restrict to certain regions so they didn't have to travel all over to inspect machines.

He said they were getting to the ramp point in so many words.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Could be just they are trying to get as many done for the holiday weekend as possible.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great news on Waynesboro! They are now 2 "soon" stations (Front Royal and Cherokee, literally the furthest north and south ends) and 1 TBD station (Asheville) away from completing the entire Shenandoah-Blue Ridge Pwky route.

Also, for those out west: Gila Bend, AZ showing as OPEN on Rivian.com's map!!!
Sponsored