First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Work
Front Royal Va site ripped back out of the ground. On site crew said that it was cleared by one inspector then another returned from vacation and denied it.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Haha I just came here to update on front royal myself. I filled through in my blue R1S today on my way to massenutten and took a couple of photos...

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 20230520_114116

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Driving past the RAN Traverse City site this afternoon I noticed dispensers there on pallets. Stopped by and chatted with the electricians. They expect them to be installed in the next couple of days, then we wait for final inspections - hopefully they will be operational by Memorial Day weekend.

I asked them if they are involved with the Saginaw installation, and if so when that will be online. He said there is a problem that will require the removal of a pad and some rewiring to be done, so that is probably a couple of weeks out yet.

20230516_180057340_iOS.jpg
Thanks for the update. Heading up there for Cherry Festival Half Marathon, hopefully they are done by then.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Did anyone notice there seems to be progress at Christiana mall in DE? (Sorry if repost)

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Today (5/17) there were two Rivian employees with a mobile service truck working on the pedestals in Grand Junction and they mentioned it should be ready to go in about a week. I also asked about a Moab site, and apparently the plans were drawn up but the grid upgrades that the power company was requiring was in the millions. Possibly a site closer to the interstate could work. Rivian should really install large stationary batteries for these types of cost prohibitive locations, and it would have the added benefit of greatly reduced electrical demand charges.
Freewire chargers do this. They have a large battery pack in the pedestal and normal grid connection. Charges at 125kw output. Would be nice to see more of these in rural areas and small towns.

jbrumsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Miata RF, F-Pace S, Backdraft Cobra
Occupation
IT
Front Royal Va site ripped back out of the ground. On site crew said that it was cleared by one inspector then another returned from vacation and denied it.
Having lived in Front Royal for several years I'm not surprised. Such a bummer though as it looked close to opening earlier this year.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Nice location. I feel like so many EV charging companies don't consider the location. I get that Walmart has the parking lot space, but I would rather spend 20-30 minutes in Starbucks or at a chain family restaurant.

You would think Starbucks would have their own charging network to keep people in the stores drinking their coffee longer like they did when public WIFI rolled out, but I guess that is an old business model.

Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Nice location. I feel like so many EV charging companies don't consider the location. I get that Walmart has the parking lot space, but I would rather spend 20-30 minutes in Starbucks or at a chain family restaurant.

You would think Starbucks would have their own charging network to keep people in the stores drinking their coffee longer like they did when public WIFI rolled out, but I guess that is an old business model.
Starbucks agrees.
https://stories.starbucks.com/stori...r-at-starbucks-stores-from-seattle-to-denver/

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
The downside is they seem to think you're going to spend an hour or two at the starbucks with the chargepoint chargers they installed...
What kw?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Standard cpe250. So like 80kw for the trucks if paired.

edit: that being said, I'm *very* glad for a backup option on the route between here and there. The EA stations between Seattle and Boise need to be replaced.

Last edited:

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Standard cpe250. So like 80kw for the trucks if paired.
Disappointing. I like sbux but not that much time. Better than no chargers and gives people more options. Assuming this means 160 if only one vehicle charging or some ratio depending on other vehicles soc
Sponsored