Sponsored

Boykie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90, Mini CooperS, BMX Z8
Uhoh! What’s the story with THAT?! I’ll be in Boone later this fall. Thankfully the AirBnB I’ve rented has a J1772 charger, but I’d like the RAN as a backup.
Charged there last weekend with no problem. But definitely need one in Asheville.
Sponsored

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

@holycoder thanks for the update on the Cookeville RAN! I am really hoping it is open by November 10. We're headed to Pigeon Forge that weekend and it'd be a perfect spot for us to stop and fill up.

holycoder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Searching for Rivian R1T
Clubs

@holycoder thanks for the update on the Cookeville RAN! I am really hoping it is open by November 10. We're headed to Pigeon Forge that weekend and it'd be a perfect spot for us to stop and fill up.
@atR1S me too, otherwise you’ll only be pulling down 90 kW at the EA in the Sam’s Club parking lot. (been there, done that!)

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Looking like our free lunch may be going away s00n. 😕

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_8291

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

IMG_8291.jpeg
Maybe that's so Rivian can sell electrons to other brands.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe that's so Rivian can sell electrons to other brands.
And us, they have confirmed that already.

I'm just hoping I can get one free session in before they are no longer free haha. I honestly have no issue with paying to use them, especially if the prices are on par with EA/Tesla and have the reliability of the latter.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I would expect an official announcement from Rivian before they start charging for RAN access. Given some of the blunders with price increases, I see them giving us plenty of notice.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

IMG_8291.jpeg
Thought this screen was bigger but it's just a teeny tiny font. Wonder when they started putting the software version on the screen.
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1698176039111

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The new "Thank you" screen is kind of awful, IMO. That font looks tiny, and there's so much wasted space with the photo. I get it... branding! but I think the solution to that is having photos on the welcome screen, and rotate them in for 5-10 seconds out of every minute of charging -- not full-screen, but half-screen with a smaller layout of the active charging info.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Atlanta" RAN is open (it's Cobb County OTP... IYKYK).

56 open. 21 "coming soon". Of those 21, 10 are known to be in some state of construction. There's an 11th under construction as well, but it's not going to be done "soon", apparently.

The pace is definitely not increasing the way I had hoped, but it's still great seeing more and more stations open.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's technically ITP ;)
Ah crap, you're right! Been so long since I've been at Cumberland Mall, that I had mentally moved it to the other side of 285 across from the Battery! 😂 And I lived off Akers Mill for a year (way way back), so I really should remember that better.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
"Atlanta" RAN is open (it's Cobb County OTP... IYKYK).

56 open. 21 "coming soon". Of those 21, 10 are known to be in some state of construction. There's an 11th under construction as well, but it's not going to be done "soon", apparently.

The pace is definitely not increasing the way I had hoped, but it's still great seeing more and more stations open.
Good to hear about 56 being open but I agree that the pace isn't picking up like it should be. Not nearly as fast as Tesla did. They really started ramping up quickly when they hit 40-50 stations. Was hoping to see the same thing with RAN.

Tdreamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
IT
New RAN location coming to West Hartford, CT. Permit showed up a few days ago and is progressing through the city's approval process. As with the Rhode Island site found recently, this site also has a Starbucks, Chipotle and other food options in the shopping plaza. And, there is also a Tesla Supercharger in the plaza as well.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1698284073602

tjhenn

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I apologize if this has already been mentioned as a suggestion for the map update (which is awesome by the way). The map shows the Portland Oregon service center as a future location. It has been active for a while. 2620 SW 1st Ave, Portland, OR 97201
I had an alignment done there in July.

And while not sure it's official (since its not listed on Google Maps), but there is an auxiliary service center location in Tualatin, Oregon (17725 Southwest Pacific Highway, Tualatin, OR). I had some minor fixes done there as well in early October. If you look at StreetView, there are a few Rivians in the lot :)
Sponsored