Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV

A Land Rover Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, PorscheGTS, BMWi3, Tacoma Crew
I hooked one up no problem. Just followed their video and now I have a little above a normal horn!!

Thanks for making it REALWHEELSEV !

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@RealWheelsEV what's the chances of getting some assistance with install if I live up the street from you all in Gurnee? :)
Great seeing you today @a76marine Your R1 not only looks awesome, but now sounds awesome too! Can’t believe I didn’t get a clip of you pulling out honking, but it sounded perfect. Thanks again!

Sponsored

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Great seeing you today @a76marine Your R1 not only looks awesome, but now sounds awesome too! Can’t believe I didn’t get a clip of you pulling out honking, but it sounded perfect. Thanks again!
And a huge thank you to you and your crew as well! Fast install and great quality work. Love the sound!! Wanted to use it on my drive in to work, but no one took advantage of me for the first time ever on a Chicagoland commute! Grr!

Great horn and I'll be coming back for those running boards!

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Man… Wish I was close enough to you guys to drive in for an install, @RealWheelsEV! If you’re ever in the Phoenix Valley area (or if you have a trusted reference), give me a shout! 😏

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Man… Wish I was close enough to you guys to drive in for an install, @RealWheelsEV! If you’re ever in the Phoenix Valley area (or if you have a trusted reference), give me a shout! 😏
I could use a vacation in Phoenix :D. I shot you a DM with a few options for installers in your area. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
I could use a vacation in Phoenix :D. I shot you a DM with a few options for installers in your area. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
Legitimately fantastic customer service. Much appreciated! Order incoming!

Sponsored

LongJoSilver

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X545e, BMW 428i, Infiniti FX37, R1S on order
Occupation
Engineer
Video instructions worked well, much easier for me to follow than the printed instructions, thanks! The bracket and pre-wiring was very well made and convenient. Sure, you could DIY a little cheaper but it would take longer and require a lot of tinkering and fitting; totally worth the small premium. The sound of the horn is much deeper than comes across in this video and the other reviews I’ve seen online. I like it. It’s like a deep train/truck horn. Install took me maybe 1.5 hours. If you have already removed the tub once before and know what your doing I bet you could do it in half the time.

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Video instructions worked well, much easier for me to follow than the printed instructions, thanks! The bracket and pre-wiring was very well made and convenient. Sure, you could DIY a little cheaper but it would take longer and require a lot of tinkering and fitting; totally worth the small premium. The sound of the horn is much deeper than comes across in this video and the other reviews I’ve seen online. I like it. It’s like a deep train/truck horn. Install took me maybe 1.5 hours. If you have already removed the tub once before and know what your doing I bet you could do it in half the time.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear the video helped make it a bit easier to follow along with.

I agree with the sound. Real life sounds deeper and louder than what is captured in the videos.

Lord Leroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
I installed the new passenger horn updated kit for the newer Rivians. There is no video yet, but most of the video applies. The printed instructions are not clear due to the part of the instructions that tell you to go behind the wheel well cover. The instructions don’t specify which side of the truck to open the wheel well. IT IS THE PASSENGER side. I wasted about 30 minutes trying to get the wheel well open on the drivers side, look for the horn, and only discover there isn’t anything down there.

Also, the Christmas tree clip and the harness where the horn attaches near the drivers wheel well have changed in size. It is a very tight fit with the bright orange high voltage wires pushing on the horn and the Christmas tree clip attached to the factory wiring harness. I had to cut the christmas tree off the factory harness in order to use it at the base of the horn mount.

Also it is unclear what to do with the y connector as this is attached to the horn and not the extension cord. The y connector gets attached to the factory horn AT THE FACTORY HORN SITE. I had to take mine apart and redo it as I originally had y connector just chilling near the real wheels ev horn and couldn’t figure out why I had an unused plug.

Please make a new video for your new passenger horn.

Iatros786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, 997 Turbo, Q7
Clubs

Just installed mine on an early R1T which already had 2 factory horns. Installed on the driver side in about 40 minutes. First time taking the tub out.

1. Change your air filter while you're at it
2. Amazing improvement in horn sound
3. Thank you for fit and finish of the product. I changed my mind and did not purchase a DIY set because of the effort this company put into making the video and supporting this community. It was well worth it

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I installed the new passenger horn updated kit for the newer Rivians. There is no video yet, but most of the video applies. The printed instructions are not clear due to the part of the instructions that tell you to go behind the wheel well cover. The instructions don’t specify which side of the truck to open the wheel well. IT IS THE PASSENGER side. I wasted about 30 minutes trying to get the wheel well open on the drivers side, look for the horn, and only discover there isn’t anything down there.

Also, the Christmas tree clip and the harness where the horn attaches near the drivers wheel well have changed in size. It is a very tight fit with the bright orange high voltage wires pushing on the horn and the Christmas tree clip attached to the factory wiring harness. I had to cut the christmas tree off the factory harness in order to use it at the base of the horn mount.

Also it is unclear what to do with the y connector as this is attached to the horn and not the extension cord. The y connector gets attached to the factory horn AT THE FACTORY HORN SITE. I had to take mine apart and redo it as I originally had y connector just chilling near the real wheels ev horn and couldn’t figure out why I had an unused plug.

Please make a new video for your new passenger horn.
Hi...Thank you for your order and feedback. The passenger side version instructions are getting modified right now to specify that the factory horn is located on the passenger side to eliminate any confusion. Also, adding in photos and instructions on plugging in the Y-Connector to the end of the passenger extension.

As soon as I get another one in here for a passenger side horn install, we'll make a video showing that version.

Thank you again, your feedback will make this an ever better product for other Rivian owners!
Sponsored