First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
I’m going to bow out of my reservation and move forward with a plug in X5. I finally saw a R1S in person and while I think it’s a great product for adventures, I don’t want to take on the early adopter risk.

Is there a way I can give my pre-order to someone else to take advantage of? Not looking to sell it but thought someone else could take advantage of pre-March 1 pricing. In hindsight, I could have used a dedicated email but it has my personal email on it which would need to be removed or changed.

Anyone successful in this? If so, anyone want this reservation? Otherwise, I’ll cancel and ask for refund.
Sponsored

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

Just sent you a PM

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
No you cannot, and if you think about it Rivian really wouldn't want this to happen. They are losing money on pre March pricing and are doing it as a favor to loyal preorders.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian won't allow the transfer. You'd effectively have to take possession of the vehicle and resell it.

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ninety Eight 90 Supra 90 Range Rover
Occupation
Business Owner
I’m going to bow out of my reservation and move forward with a plug in X5. I finally saw a R1S in person and while I think it’s a great product for adventures, I don’t want to take on the early adopter risk.

Is there a way I can give my pre-order to someone else to take advantage of? Not looking to sell it but thought someone else could take advantage of pre-March 1 pricing. In hindsight, I could have used a dedicated email but it has my personal email on it which would need to be removed or changed.

Anyone successful in this? If so, anyone want this reservation? Otherwise, I’ll cancel and ask for refund.
I'm thinking of getting an X5 or NX plugin for my wife. Still thinking... Best of luck on whatever you chose to do.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
I'm thinking of getting an X5 or NX plugin for my wife. Still thinking... Best of luck on whatever you chose to do.
The x5 is supposed to be glassy smooth yet sporty. 40+ miles of electric only range is perfect for 99% of my days.

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
The x5 is supposed to be glassy smooth yet sporty. 40+ miles of electric only range is perfect for 99% of my days.
I just leased an iX 50 for my dad and it is amazingly smooth and with the air suspension (standard on the X5 50e) , very comfortable.

OP
OP

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
I just leased an iX 50 for my dad and it is amazingly smooth and with the air suspension (standard on the X5 50e) , very comfortable.
That’s what I’m looking at as well. Was he able to qualify for lease credit of $7,500? It’s mixed whether BMW is passing that credit on to consumers. Given they increased price by $7k over the 45e, I would sure hope so!

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I own R1T and happy to take your spot if possible. I don't mind owning another Rivian vehicle..

OP
OP

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
I canceled reservation. Delivery ETA was 2H 2024. No way to easily transfer it without headache or forcing me to risk buying it up front. Given the woes expressed consistently on this forum, I’m OK with the lost opportunity. Sorry folks, that I couldn’t transfer it.

Sponsored

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
That’s what I’m looking at as well. Was he able to qualify for lease credit of $7,500? It’s mixed whether BMW is passing that credit on to consumers. Given they increased price by $7k over the 45e, I would sure hope so!
They took the 7500 and another 8000 to reduce the cap costs. It was a really good deal. They are not doing it on the X5. I'm thinking of buying it to get the 7500 and Sec 179 depreciation (for businesses).

OP
OP

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
They took the 7500 and another 8000 to reduce the cap costs. It was a really good deal. They are not doing it on the X5. I'm thinking of buying it to get the 7500 and Sec 179 depreciation (for businesses).
Care to share this in detail with me in PM? That's excellent deal.

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Care to share this in detail with me in PM? That's excellent deal.
I got it from Passport BMW in Maryland and then had it shipped to Massachusetts. The lease terms were 7500 miles per year, excess wear and tear, and taxes came out to 1250/ month with 5k down. Sean is the guy I worked with. I reccomend looking for a 2023 because 24's don't have air suspension and active steering.

https://www.ixforums.com/threads/ca...024-ix50-has-but-2023-model-doesnt-have.1818/

OP
OP

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
I got it from Passport BMW in Maryland and then had it shipped to Massachusetts. The lease terms were 7500 miles per year, excess wear and tear, and taxes came out to 1250/ month with 5k down. Sean is the guy I worked with. I reccomend looking for a 2023 because 24's don't have air suspension and active steering.

https://www.ixforums.com/threads/ca...024-ix50-has-but-2023-model-doesnt-have.1818/
Thanks! Now I see you said iX. We already have a full EV and are looking for plug in. Charging infrastructure is annoying for non-Tesla. Good to know about the changes to ‘24

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Thanks! Now I see you said iX. We already have a full EV and are looking for plug in. Charging infrastructure is annoying for non-Tesla. Good to know about the changes to ‘24
Got it. The best I could find for the X5 was 2k off sticker. Haven't pulled the trigger just yet on it.
Sponsored