Sponsored

Rivian Adventure Network: What's been your experience so far?

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Used Clare, MI the other day, worked great. Plug and play (ahem…charge).
Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
How did you hear it was open to other CCS vehicles? Did you see a non-Rivian charging there successfully?
It's been reported on this forum as well as couple other forums.

Hopefully it was just a brief configuration error issue.

It's the only RAN station where I've seen reports of other CCS vehicles being able to charge.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
It's been reported on this forum as well as couple other forums.

Hopefully it was just a brief configuration error issue.

It's the only RAN station where I've seen reports of other CCS vehicles being able to charge.
I think it was coos bay That I saw a bolt and maybe a mache and lightning charged per plugshare

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

I think it was coos bay That I saw a bolt and maybe a mache and lightning charged per plugshare
Just confirmed the clackamas RAN does not work on a F150 Lightning.

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
I tried the one in Madras, OR and the two chargers I tried did not work on an R1T.. Could have been the truck's fault as it's the first and only time I'd tried level 3 charging. A hard reset did not fix it though.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I don't drive in Michigan so I've had no chance to use it. I hear it is being renamed the MAN.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
I tried the one in Madras, OR and the two chargers I tried did not work on an R1T.. Could have been the truck's fault as it's the first and only time I'd tried level 3 charging. A hard reset did not fix it though.
You should open a ticket and take it to the service center. I had the same issue and they had to change a module. Took them a couple of days.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

no experience. None of the sites within reasonable distance to me have any hardware.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I don't drive in Michigan so I've had no chance to use it. I hear it is being renamed the MAN.
I know you're just being snarky, but come on man. Michigan has 3 of 28 open RAN stations. 3 of the 27 listed as "coming soon" are in Michigan. Is that a higher proportion than the population? Sure. It's not like they've got 10 stations in Michigan and 2 everywhere else.

They've already got 7 open in Oregon and 9 in California. In roughly the same time that they have 6 in Michigan, they'll have 4 in Arizona and 4 in Colorado. If you're going to give it a snarky name, shouldn't it be the PAN (Pacific Adventure Network)?

MCMLVII

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Corvette, 2022 Rivian R1-T, 1957 Corvette
Occupation
retired
Used Grayling, MI RAN twice. This is way too easy. Love it.

Sponsored

kipevans22

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’ve used Manteca, Sacramento, Bishop, and Truckee multiple times (Barstow once). I’m so impressed with all these locations and their dependability. My experience with EA and other charging stations has been a mixed bag. Rivian has made my longer trips in California 100% better and less stressful.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I know you're just being snarky, but come on man. Michigan has 3 of 28 open RAN stations. 3 of the 27 listed as "coming soon" are in Michigan. Is that a higher proportion than the population? Sure. It's not like they've got 10 stations in Michigan and 2 everywhere else.

They've already got 7 open in Oregon and 9 in California. In roughly the same time that they have 6 in Michigan, they'll have 4 in Arizona and 4 in Colorado. If you're going to give it a snarky name, shouldn't it be the PAN (Pacific Adventure Network)?
well MI is ~ 3% of the US population and has 11% of the open RAN. How many in NM? Zero and Zero "opening s00n." Major national parks like Glacier? none. For an adventure vehicle it seems odd they would not build out where people drive them to adventures.

It is not as if those MI chargers are along some high traffic corridor either. Compare MI to IL.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
well MI is ~ 3% of the US population and has 11% of the open RAN. How many in NM? Zero and Zero "opening s00n." Major national parks like Glacier? none. For an adventure vehicle it seems odd they would not build out where people drive them to adventures.

It is not as if those MI chargers are along some high traffic corridor either. Compare MI to IL.
Yeah, I'm sure there isn't a single person in Michigan or nearby states who adventures... We all get it. You're pissed that they aren't catering to YOUR needs. They'll get there. RJ said they're still hoping to have 600 sites built out in the next couple years. That would likely include 9 in NM plus ones in El Paso and Pine Springs, TX and multiple locations in eastern AZ and southern CO. You'll get what you want. Don't be a dick about others getting what they want sooner.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Yeah, I'm sure there isn't a single person in Michigan or nearby states who adventures... We all get it. You're pissed that they aren't catering to YOUR needs. They'll get there. RJ said they're still hoping to have 600 sites built out in the next couple years. That would likely include 9 in NM plus ones in El Paso and Pine Springs, TX and multiple locations in eastern AZ and southern CO. You'll get what you want. Don't be a dick about others getting what they want sooner.

being frustrated with the lack of opened/planned sites in places that are useful for a larger number of drivers is not being a dick. I guess some people just don't like sarcasm and have to resort to insults.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
First one was actually today - Truckee. Super fast and flawless.
Sponsored