Sponsored

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
I wonder if they also have some knowledge of what percentage of Tesla owners (nearly) exclusively charge at superchargers. Maybe this is Rivian's way to try to attract them to the brand before full supercharger access is available early next year. Less brand damage offering a charger installation credit than discounting the actual vehicle, and easy to roll back once more charging options open up.
Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Don't forget, hauling anything that leaks like large trashbags! I put a molded bed mat in my R1T and no longer cringe when I pull a trash bag out of the bed and it's leaked trash juice everywhere. I know I can just hose it out on the next wash.

The freedom to pick up a hot water tank or a dishwasher or a large TV with the truck vs limited abilities in the SUV, that's priceless.
+1 to 80 gallon heat pump water heater that is 7ft high.....

Rivianready

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Jeep Gr Cherokee SRT, Suburban LTZ
Occupation
Business owner
Clubs

I’m taking delivery on my R1S a week from tomorrow. I was grandfathered in on the old pricing, so I’m getting a better deal than you would now. I think the price I’m paying is acceptable for what I’m getting but if I had to pay the current pricing, I probably would go forward. I really feel for Rivian. Starting a car company is daunting enough but doing it in the middle of COVID, severe disruptions to the supply chain, significant inflation, and high interest rates is making it nearly impossible. I hope they survive.

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

I mean, that's 100% your opinion and I'm glad the R1S seems more useful to you. I don't ever plan on offroading but a truck is 100% more useful to me. It's way more cumbersome with an SUV to take our e-bikes anywhere, get landscaping / lumber stuff from Home Depot, go to the dump, etc etc.
Of course it's just an opinion, but it'd be interesting to see actual Rivian sales to see if they're selling more R1T or R1S.

fbkr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Of course it's just an opinion, but it'd be interesting to see actual Rivian sales to see if they're selling more R1T or R1S.
They are definitely selling more R1S than R1T. RJ has talked about their order mix being 70% R1S and this has been reflected in their production/delivery figures the last two quarters.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don't know why they don't put a bit of money into tv advertising. Raise awareness to those who have no idea what the brand is.
If the commercial isn't on Netflix or a streaming service, most won't see it.

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
I'm one of those whose ignorance is holding me back. We'll need to buy two cars in the next couple years. We're also an urban family with a 1-car garage and street parking so we'll need a charger that works for both. We're considering a VW ID4. Would the Rivian charger be compatible with the ID4?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm one of those whose ignorance is holding me back. We'll need to buy two cars in the next couple years. We're also an urban family with a 1-car garage and street parking so we'll need a charger that works for both. We're considering a VW ID4. Would the Rivian charger be compatible with the ID4?
Yes currently both are CCS/J1772.

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Not sure I follow? Do the Bosch motors have a bad reputation? Are they going to lower price for next gen quads with the Enduros?
I agree they want rid of the Bosch vehicles, but if true why not lower the price on quads instead of this deal? Just add this to the list of things that make no sense. Dropping the price $2-3,000 for first time ev buyers instead (they won't have a home plug) of targeting vehicles want rid of prior to a 2024 refresh.

Sponsored

USMCGRUNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Life is short-get your R1 now. Mine was my first EV, about 3 months ago, and I'm having a blast. My friend just took delivery last week and he loves it. Most people that are enjoying their Rivian are not on here because they're busy enjoying their Rivian. I got the Emporia charger and it's been flawless. Works with my solar really well. Cheers.
I ended up pulling the trigger today on the R1T. The only difference in custom configuration I wanted was black interior as opposed to black with dark ash wood. I liked both so it was a no brainer for me. Dual motor, granite, large pack, and 22" wheels. I was assigned an advisor, and so far the process has been pretty smooth. Uploaded my truck pics and got a really good trade in price.

I will admit, I did like taking advantage of the charger ($750) with the $2k credit for install that they warranty. I have a sub panel in my garage that I put in so I know I could have wired it easily, but why not take the "free" stuff.

This will be my first EV, driving 70+ miles a day, and can charge for free at work. Coming from a Tacoma and $100 + in gas a week, will hopefully settle my nerves...

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

If the commercial isn't on Netflix or a streaming service, most won't see it.
Targeted digital banners are the latest and greatest, and really have been for years now. They just cost more than they used to.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Maybe they should consider the number of people who research on the internet and see all the horror stories of service?

I have to believe it is affecting sales.
Not to mention $50,000 repair bills for side or back corner body damage.

EchoDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Yellow,Quad,20 ; Model Y LR
Clubs

its not a free wall charger, its only $2k in installation credit but still good deal.
It’s a fantastic deal. Buy the charger, get the $300-$1999 install done and then upgrade the charger if/when it becomes a necessity. Installation costs for some runs of AWG 6 with conduit, sub panels and exterior connections etc easily run up $1000+. This holds more households from installation, than EVSE retail cost.

EchoDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Yellow,Quad,20 ; Model Y LR
Clubs

I wonder if they also have some knowledge of what percentage of Tesla owners (nearly) exclusively charge at superchargers. Maybe this is Rivian's way to try to attract them to the brand before full supercharger access is available early next year. Less brand damage offering a charger installation credit than discounting the actual vehicle, and easy to roll back once more charging options open up.
Very very few Tesla owners who also own a place with a garage / car port where they can pay for their own charger installation (target audience for this) , charge exclusively at superchargers.

Those who mostly charge at superchargers are mostly urban renters and folks who happen to have it nearby and the occasional “Free Supercharging” unicorn in a Model S out to save pennies as a hobby. It is way more expensive that home electricity costs and a hassle relative to plugging overnight. Also urban superchargers are either sluggish 72kW, and the others that are 150..250 kW are not great for battery life if used exclusively for most chemistries.
Sponsored