First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Commercial Integration Director
We just confirmed our order last week and are waiting for a delivery date (so excited!!). I just reached out to my guide, Wendy. We should be able to qualify, right?
Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
Is this the less expensive pre-cut panels where they don't remove the badges and just leave a non-matte "box" around the letters, etc?
No. The only cut-outs are for the logo badges on the frunk (and c-pillars on R1S), and even then, the badges are removed and reapplied over the top of the edges of the PPF cutout. Got ours done ages ago, zero regrets, still looks great, so easy to keep clean.

raptorR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Occupation
Software Development Manager
We just confirmed our order last week and are waiting for a delivery date (so excited!!). I just reached out to my guide, Wendy. We should be able to qualify, right?
It doesn't work like that. These are vehicles with specific VINs that come from the factory pre-installed. They can't apply after the fact. What you see in the shop are the vehicles that will get these.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
I'm mildly tempted on an R1S lease to replace our R1T...do we expect significant R1 changes once the factory re-opens?

Shadow68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T Quad, Large
Bah! Looks like I missed out...
My R1T is being delivered tomorrow. (very exciting!)

Reached out to my guide and haven't heard back yet - but the "Select vehicles and colors" language doesn't sound promising.
Maybe they'll have mercy and at least throw some swag my way #WishfulThinking

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am a bit naive about this topic but curious to know what happens to the vinyl wrap once it wears out? Xpel website says it will last 10 years. Does it then go in a landfill or does it break down into microplastics and go into the environment and water supply? I realize that driving on “rubber” tires is not good for the environment already but curious whether this adds a negative impact on top of the usual. That might not be a value add to protect the paint if it does harm. I’m picking up my R1T 4/24 and trying to decide if I should ask for a wrap.
That's a good question. I'd never considered that. Good on you!

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Sounds like this is for vehicles already in the shop with stealth PPF already applied. You would need to specifically lock in the vehicle with the promo on the vehicle details page.

This doesn't look like you can apply it retroactively to an order that is already locked or about to take delivery.

You might be able to stack your pre-order voucher on top to save even more.

Also seems like its available on certain colors/configurations for my case I saw Glacier White, El Cap and Forest Green colors for R1S had the stealth PPF and promo applied. For R1T I saw all the same colors plus silver and black. So maybe they are picking certain colors and builds they apply PPF to so they can move those vehicles due to color/cost.

I saw a bunch of R1S with stealth PPF available in the shop when this promo was announced and now seems like its slim pickings. This promo did help move those vehicles and have decent sales volume for April.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering free XPEL Stealth PPF wrap during factory shutdown!! $5K value IMG_9782

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering free XPEL Stealth PPF wrap during factory shutdown!! $5K value IMG_9781

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering free XPEL Stealth PPF wrap during factory shutdown!! $5K value 1712781795012-4q
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering free XPEL Stealth PPF wrap during factory shutdown!! $5K value 1712781825800-1w

Last edited:

Kazd00m

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Exec
Clubs

We ordered our R1T, essentially on 04/04. We chose from available configurations...

No committed delivery date yet.

I sent a note to my "Guide" (LOL) in the off chance of having it added or aftermarket paid for and received this response:

"Currently, we have a limited number of vehicles in our inventory that come equipped with Stealth wrap. Regrettably, we are unable to offer the Stealth PPF for orders that have already been confirmed and matched to a VIN."

So, yeah. "Missed it by that much" - Get Smart

TR1GGER

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

damn i just paid over 6k to have a shop do this to the truck i just bought.

....and now I go to the shop and there are a bunch of vehicles with free stealth and powered tonneau covers. :headbang:
Same here 😑

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

For those who missed out, don't feel bad, they use precut pieces and do not wrap some of the crucial edges, so you're better off spending more and getting it done at a reputable shop instead. Remember, Rivian is optimizing for volume and efficiency here so the factory option is completely different than local install.. That's why the warranty is also less for Rivian install vs Xpel dealer install.

Sponsored

SurfnBike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The Shop has a bunch of trucks that have it as an option. Really annoyed that I just picked up my T on March 30th and missed out on this offer by a day.. damn it
I get it. This happened to me when I bought my Model Y. Now the vehicle depreciated like 15K in a year and a half! Bad timing on my part...

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

For those who missed out, don't feel bad, they use precut pieces and do not wrap some of the crucial edges, so you're better off spending more and getting it done at a reputable shop instead. Remember, Rivian is optimizing for volume and efficiency here so the factory option is completely different than local install.. That's why the warranty is also less for Rivian install vs Xpel dealer install.
Please don't state this as a fact. We don't know if this is true because nobody has received a vehicle from this promotion yet. Rivian has also never offered full body PPF, or stealth PPF. You are simply jumping to conclusions without a mat.

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Please don't state this as a fact. We don't know if this is true because nobody has received a vehicle from this promotion yet. Rivian has also never offered full body PPF, or stealth PPF. You are simply jumping to conclusions without a mat.
Likewise, it's jumping to conclusion that Rivian will be using same materials and install process as a reputable Xpel dealer. Rivian did in fact offer full body PPF (stealth) but then they pulled it from the configurator. Rivian is optimizing for volume production so speed and value is prioritized over uncompromised quality.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Likewise, it's jumping to conclusion that Rivian will be using same materials and install process as a reputable Xpel dealer. Rivian did in fact offer full body PPF (stealth) but then they pulled it from the configurator. Rivian is optimizing for volume production so speed and value is prioritized over uncompromised quality.
There’s a big difference between our comments. I’m saying, “let’s wait and see because we don’t know what this stealth promotion will look like.” You are speculating that this latest stealth promotion is an inferior product. We don’t know anything for sure, which is why I made the comment.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Is this the same PPF coating from before ? I didn’t know it was “stealth”
They use XPEL product. There are two kinds. Gloss and Stealth. Stealth is just the name given to the satin finish. Existing factory installed option was Gloss and front only. This offer uses the satin film and covers the full vehicle; only panels that are painted in your chosen color (no more).
Sponsored