Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

After 3 years…….

I confirmed my config! Shocked to see my desired config available this morning. Beyond happy that I waited for a leasing option.

Taking delivery of a R1S DM performance, Standard+ Battery, Forest green/Ocean Coast with 22 darks. I slightly preferred Blue but more than happy with this!

working with sales now for an additional discount for end of quarter delivery 🤞
Additional, on top of the 20% discount? Don't be greedy!

But also, post up the lease docs and any buyout info you get 🤗
Sponsored

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S FG/OC 22's , 2023 Tesla Model 3

Lol! The discount is available to all orders AFAIK (based on other anecdotal reports this week). Totally agree on not being greedy but money is money! And if I qualify for it I am for sure taking it 😁

Pickup is Saturday and will actually be doing a joint delivery with my mom who is getting a Granite DM R1S too.

will report back with lease details!

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I'm dumb about this.

Can I no longer factory order a specific configuration and get the 20% discount?

I no longer see a ling to my config.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm dumb about this.

Can I no longer factory order a specific configuration and get the 20% discount?

I no longer see a ling to my config.
Does it matter? If your combo isn't in the shop, just tell your guide the combo you want, they'll match you to it and get it to you. If you see one really close to what you want, tell them it's pretty close and they'll discount add ons.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Does it matter? If your combo isn't in the shop, just tell your guide the combo you want, they'll match you to it and get it to you. If you see one really close to what you want, tell them it's pretty close and they'll discount add ons.
Seems reasonable. I'll probably wait and see if any options change post shutdown. I have not bought yet due to lack of 240V inverter.

When is shutdown?

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Why? You get the honored price and the fed gives rivian the 7500 you would have gotten under the old tax code.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Why? You get the honored price and the fed gives rivian the 7500 you would have gotten under the old tax code.
I was referring to the "additional discounts" on paint, interior, wheels, etc. Just like my favorite street tacos, I was being tongue n cheek 😜

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
After 3 years…….

I confirmed my config! Shocked to see my desired config available this morning. Beyond happy that I waited for a leasing option.

Taking delivery of a R1S DM performance, Standard+ Battery, Forest green/Ocean Coast with 22 darks. I slightly preferred Blue but more than happy with this!

working with sales now for an additional discount for end of quarter delivery 🤞
I did the same Friday evening. How are you already working with sales?? I haven’t heard anything from them.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
It looks to me that even though pre-March '22 reservation holders get the $7,500 IRA credit (and possibly a discount to the MSRP) applied as a cap cost reduction , you will still need to put another $7.000 or so down to get the posted monthly lease price.

Am I misinterpreting things?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering preorder price difference vouchers for remaining price protected pre-order holders 1711309875047-3x

Sponsored

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did the same Friday evening. How are you already working with sales?? I haven’t heard anything from them.
They reached out to me within 4 hours to schedule delivery this Saturday. I live close to multiple service centers so maybe that is why?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It looks to me that even though pre-March '22 reservation holders get the $7,500 IRA credit (and possibly a discount to the MSRP) applied as a cap cost reduction , you will still need to put another $7.000 or so down to get the posted monthly lease price.

1711309875047-3x.png
You're right. You could put even more down and lower it, or just put less down and it goes up. Math!

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

1711309875047-3x.png
If I'm immediately buying out the lease, I don't mind so much a 7k down payment.

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think it's a given that 'lease vouchers' will get at 20% capitalized cost reduction. If you're familiar with leasing, you know that there are multiple levers a dealer can pull to reduce the monthly payment. One is the 'money factor' i.e. interest rate. Another is the purchase price. Given that rivian said the lease deal and purchase voucher cannot be combined, I don't think it will be possible to get the full 20% price reduction. The 'money factor' lever is less favorable if you plan to buy out your lease because it means the payoff will be higher. Most of the lease payments are going to principal, not interest.

It would be interesting to plug the discounted payments into the calculator at leasehackr and try to figure out what's going on. I suspect a 20% capitalized cost reduction + $7,500 lease cash i.e. tax credit + downpayment would result in a much lower monthly payment than they are offering.
The voucher is a 20% reduction in purchase price regardless if you end up buying it or leasing it. In the case of a lease it’s referred to as a cap cost reduction. It is not a reduction in MF in order to get the lease price down.

I confirmed this with my guide this AM. It’s a cap cost reduction of 20% + $7500 tax credit + any additional discounts you are able to secure.

Rivian worded the terms of the voucher strange in order to cater to the crowd who doesn’t understand leasing terms. Which actually caused more confusion! 😂

DH0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Stuff
The voucher is a 20% reduction in purchase price regardless if you end up buying it or leasing it. In the case of a lease it’s referred to as a cap cost reduction. It is not a reduction in MF in order to get the lease price down.

I confirmed this with my guide this AM. It’s a cap cost reduction of 20% + $7500 tax credit + any additional discounts you are able to secure.

Rivian worded the terms of the voucher strange in order to cater to the crowd who doesn’t understand leasing terms. Which actually caused more confusion! 😂
That's good to know! Any idea what the MF and residual are? When I plug a 20% cap cost reduction + $7,500 tax credit + $7,000 down payment with 0.00262 MF and 67% residual(found on Reddit) into a calculator, I get a much lower monthly payment than is shown in shop.
Sponsored