First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
It seems to me (with my 3% pre-order discount) that they QM vehicles have an additional $5k cost cap reduction, but the DM's do not. I base this on the displayed lease monthly price, not any direct knowledge. And, I heard someone on Reddit got $5k off their lease. It works out to show the difference in lease terms for the QM vs DM. I'm not sure what is presented to other people though.
Sponsored

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

I have a pre price increase R1S order, but wife doesn't want it. Wonder if they'd let me switch it to a R1T? I think I'd keep my current R1T, get a street model without all the underbody and off road tires and have the best of both worlds...one to rough up and one to baby. Has anyone ever tried to switch their pre price increase order to a different model?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I have a pre price increase R1S order, but wife doesn't want it. Wonder if they'd let me switch it to a R1T? I think I'd keep my current R1T, get a street model without all the underbody and off road tires and have the best of both worlds...one to rough up and one to baby. Has anyone ever tried to switch their pre price increase order to a different model?
My understanding is that Rivian does allow the switch. There's a switch model option on the reservation page

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S FG/OC 22's , 2023 Tesla Model 3
Additional, on top of the 20% discount? Don't be greedy!

But also, post up the lease docs and any buyout info you get 🤗
following up on this, I called sales today and they gave me $3500 off the sport wheels without any hassle!

R1S DM Perf, 22 darks, OC/FG
$90,250 - ($18,050 voucher) - ($7500 tax credit) - ($3500 wheel discount)

= $61,200 out the door

absolutely insane. No sales tax in NJ either.

over the moon!!!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

You can, I've switched back and forth a couple times now.

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

The voucher is a 20% reduction in purchase price regardless if you end up buying it or leasing it. In the case of a lease it’s referred to as a cap cost reduction. It is not a reduction in MF in order to get the lease price down.

I confirmed this with my guide this AM. It’s a cap cost reduction of 20% + $7500 tax credit + any additional discounts you are able to secure.

Rivian worded the terms of the voucher strange in order to cater to the crowd who doesn’t understand leasing terms. Which actually caused more confusion! 😂
So 1, I'm glad you understood the question and confirmed with a guide. However B, this info is from a guide which more often than not tend to be anything but.

I'll need to see the actual paperwork showing the 20% and the 7500 before I actually believe it. AND then I'll buy it because it's a killer deal.

sparkyjp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
So I just confirmed our R1S with pre-March pricing last week. No contact from my guide or anyone else at Rivian in the last week, including being left off the 20% voucher email. :confused: I've emailed my guide but wondering if I'll be able to take advantage since it doesn't seem anything is imminent in terms of taking possession.

Anyone else in the same boat who can give me some hope (or crush my dreams)?
Scheduled for March 29 pick up. Emailed my Guide but haven't heard back.

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

following up on this, I called sales today and they gave me $3500 off the sport wheels without any hassle!

= $61,200 out the door

over the moon!!!
Damn. They wouldn't discount the wheels for me but did discount the paint. I'd rather get the wheels for free. I asked twice but no luck.

2023 R1S Quad, 21 inch off roads, FG/Black int, Underbody Shield. Lease.

Subtotal $98,250.00
Preorder price voucher-$19,650.00
Premium Exterior Discount-$1,750.00
Assuming the tax credit is taken for the leasing company from what I've seen. ($7500)

Vehicle subtotal
$76,850.00

Haven't signed yet, anything I should push for? Pick up Friday or Saturday depending on when vehicle get's here.

The voucher is a 20% reduction in purchase price regardless if you end up buying it or leasing it. In the case of a lease it’s referred to as a cap cost reduction. It is not a reduction in MF in order to get the lease price down.

I confirmed this with my guide this AM. It’s a cap cost reduction of 20% + $7500 tax credit + any additional discounts you are able to secure.

Rivian worded the terms of the voucher strange in order to cater to the crowd who doesn’t understand leasing terms. Which actually caused more confusion! 😂
That's what I've seen and read, so will be checking the paperwork before signing obviously.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

= $61,200 out the door

over the moon!!!
Assuming you're leasing, please share your lease financials when you receive. We gotta answer this residual value question!

BabyCarrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Honda Pilot, Mazda 3
Damn. They wouldn't discount the wheels for me but did discount the paint. I'd rather get the wheels for free. I asked twice but no luck.

2023 R1S Quad, 21 inch off roads, FG/Black int, Underbody Shield. Lease.

Subtotal $98,250.00
Preorder price voucher-$19,650.00
Premium Exterior Discount-$1,750.00
Assuming the tax credit is taken for the leasing company from what I've seen. ($7500)

Vehicle subtotal
$76,850.00

Haven't signed yet, anything I should push for? Pick up Friday or Saturday depending on when vehicle get's here.

That's what I've seen and read, so will be checking the paperwork before signing obviously.
I selected a R1s which has extra paint charge from shop on Friday. Today (Monday) I asked my guide if I can get discount on the paint since my preorder configuration did not have paint charge and I was unable to find exact match in shop. He refused and the reason is my order was confirmed and filled, so the price was all set. Anyone know is it possible to get discount after order confirmed?

Sponsored

Big Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Audi S5
Occupation
I do legal things
Assuming you're leasing, please share your lease financials when you receive. We gotta answer this residual value question!
Please.

I was close to going down the lease route, but was being told (a) every term of the lease (including residual) set by Chase AFTER application (because it's dependent on credit score) .. and (b) had to be assigned VIN before application... oh, and the kicker, (c) if you get assigned VIN and don't take the lease, you must still purchase or lose the voucher (you only get one pass on assigned VIN).

I did compare the estimated lease payments between MSRP and a 20% Voucher. It was $144 (aka 15%). That was the first red flag... if the residual isn't adjusted, the voucher went from 20% to 5%... if you take the lease option.

That's a beautiful sleight of hand if that's how things shake out. I get they're a business, but you don't stay in business being opaque... and it just seems like that is Rivian's M.O. on a lot of things. I really want my R1T after having waited so long... but, gotta admit, I'm starting to waiver ...

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Please.

I was close to going down the lease route, but was being told (a) every term of the lease (including residual) set by Chase AFTER application (because it's dependent on credit score) .. and (b) had to be assigned VIN before application... oh, and the kicker, (c) if you get assigned VIN and don't take the lease, you must still purchase or lose the voucher (you only get one pass on assigned VIN).

I did compare the estimated lease payments between MSRP and a 20% Voucher. It was $144 (aka 15%). That was the first red flag... if the residual isn't adjusted, the voucher went from 20% to 5%... if you take the lease option.

That's a beautiful sleight of hand if that's how things shake out. I get they're a business, but you don't stay in business being opaque... and it just seems like that is Rivian's M.O. on a lot of things. I really want my R1T after having waited so long... but, gotta admit, I'm starting to waiver ...
Well it saves them money. A nice way to do it would be apply voucher as lease cash, but combined with $7500 tax credit it's like a $8k 3 year lease lol.

Flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, F150 Lightning Platinum
Just checked my acct and the pre order price voucher for orders made pre 3/1/22 is provided with a 20% discount in the US.
having just had ours officially ruled a complete loss, due to an accident, the new pricing is definitely tough. Doing the math, pre 3/1/22 was a 21.7% difference for me on the R1S. Luckily for me I had new car replacement, so it did pay off. Now, looking to decide on a new R1S or something else.

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Please.

Well chase can suck it first off. And second, is this information relevant if you plan on buying out the lease immediately?

boney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus hybrid
I selected a R1s which has extra paint charge from shop on Friday. Today (Monday) I asked my guide if I can get discount on the paint since my preorder configuration did not have paint charge and I was unable to find exact match in shop. He refused and the reason is my order was confirmed and filled, so the price was all set. Anyone know is it possible to get discount after order confirmed?
I got the same answer from my guide. The discounts on paint/ upgrades/ wheels are only provided through the sales team for new sales.
Sponsored