Sponsored

Rivian phone app no longer working

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
While I can remotely lock and unlock my R1T doors (sometimes), other key features just quit working. Most importantly, I can no longer use my iPhone to set parameters for charging, alter the schedule, or even start/stop charging. Now, I have to do all this the in car, which sucks šŸ˜” I have tried deleting my phone from the vehicle and repairing - no luck. Iā€™ve deleted and reinstalled the Rivian app on my phone - no luck. Iā€™ve powered off my phone and restarted it - no luck. This is a recent development, possibly showing up with the latest Rivian update. Anybody else have this issue or have any fix it ideas?
Sponsored

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

While I can remotely lock and unlock my R1T doors (sometimes), other key features just quit working. Most importantly, I can no longer use my iPhone to set parameters for charging, alter the schedule, or even start/stop charging. Now, I have to do all this the in car, which sucks šŸ˜” I have tried deleting my phone from the vehicle and repairing - no luck. Iā€™ve deleted and reinstalled the Rivian app on my phone - no luck. Iā€™ve powered off my phone and restarted it - no luck. This is a recent development, possibly showing up with the latest Rivian update. Anybody else have this issue or have any fix it ideas?
Have you done any soft/hard resets on the truck itself?

There is a separate, but maybe? related issue for mobile app that is getting fixed in the next release that I'm experiencing:

• Fixed a rare issue in which the Mobile app incorrectly shows the doors as open and the range as zero.
In addition to this, it keeps most phone communication with the truck from happening for me. Perhaps related to your issue and will be fixed with this release?

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
No, I have done no resets related to this issue. I had to do a hard reset a couple of weeks ago, as my truck would not shift out of conserve mode. A tech walked me through the reset process and all was well.

ChiefBushWookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Military
Clubs

R1Tmcgā€™s response should solve the issue. When I first received my R1T, I had similar issues with the app; couldnā€™t schedule or limit charging through the app and couldnā€™t save settings. Soft reset of the truck itself corrected the issue. App has been working well since.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I have been having issues with the truck acting like its owner in the morning and just won't wake up. Its starting to be cold and I try to activate the climate it tries and tries then says couldn't wake the vehicle. I end up having to walk out to it within bluetooth range then it does what I want.

Sponsored

MCMLVII

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Corvette, 2022 Rivian R1-T, 1957 Corvette
Occupation
retired
Happened to me. My android software is at 11. The Rivian app now only works at 12 or higher.

Bummer, ordered a new phone.

canyonero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Iā€™m having the same issues all of a sudden. App version iOS 2.5.0, iPhone 15. Itā€™s been totally fine until the latest truck update. The truck thinks itā€™s charging when itā€™s not, changes to charging limit arenā€™t reflected in the app, but they do get set, shortcuts report failing even though they work

sd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-250, Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I'm on the .42 version of the Rivian software and Android 14, I've started seeing this problem on the app in the last couple of days. Guessing the latest version of the Rivian app has this issue.

I'm not able to turn on the climate control or unlock the doors from the app. Doing a force stop of the app and restarting it seems to fix the problem each time it happens.

Next I'm going to try a software reset in the truck to see if that fixes it for good.
Sponsored