First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Last week I reached out to Rivian CS to ask about cost and process of acquiring additional keycards. This is what they said:
Rivian needs to get their customer service knowledge base figured out. I was told they could mail me a fully activated keycard for $70 (though by service, not CS).

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Go to a service center and you'll have it within 30 minutes. I got another one and a wristband when I picked up my car on a whim and waited maybe 15 minutes for them to get activated.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Rivian needs to get their customer service knowledge base figured out. I was told they could mail me a fully activated keycard for $70 (though by service, not CS).
I thought I had read the same. Basically the particular CS agent I reached did not know specifics and was just. passing the buck. I think I will sacrifice one of my two existing cards to have a CNICK made, then acquire another card with a list of initial quality issues I've been meaning to submit since delivery last summer.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
This is awesome and I want one.

But I’m a little concerned with the Seller’s reviews…

IMG_2308.jpeg
54% of reviews on Amazon are 5-star reviews. Look at reviews for other products, including popular ones (like Dyson vacs and fans), you'd see the same trend. Plus, this is a made-to-order product that involves manual work, of transplanting customer supplied NFC keycards and chips/antennas. Mishaps can happen during the transplant process, and health of the chips themselves can vary. There is probably a bit of user-error involved too, associated with the bad reviews. "They gave a bad RFID sensor"... This one makes absolutely no sense. The sensor is on their car. Not the ring. And in ideal conditions NFC tags can last 10 years.

Yes, there is risk involved and it won't last forever... like everything else.

Last edited:

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Go to a service center and you'll have it within 30 minutes. I got another one and a wristband when I picked up my car on a whim and waited maybe 15 minutes for them to get activated.
Did you have the launch edition model? If not, I would love to know how you got a wristband.

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Did you have the launch edition model? If not, I would love to know how you got a wristband.
When I picked up my R1T at the SC in Atlanta, I asked them for one. My "advisor" told me they had 1000's of them along with Cross Bars (out of stock in the shop) and told me to give him 15-30 to get it ready for me at the end of delivery.

Never used it, but breaking apart for a ring sounds like a good idea.
Sponsored