Sponsored

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

You hold the ring up to the drivers door panel to start the vehicle.
That's awesome. I definitely need to get me this when it becomes available.

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Yeah I think I would rather the ring vs the wristband.​
Or you know let me use the NFC in my watch... just sayin'​
But might be a security issue there.​
Agreed, sorry I meant can I send them my wristband to turn the guts into a ring.....

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

On the exterior of the door, I'm curious how close you have to get to get it to recognize? My cards I have to basically lay on the door for it to get it. If the ring has to get that close, I'd be awfully concerned about scratching the thing.

Sponsored

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Like the idea but I would prefer a wrist band. Hope they start making those too.
I just asked about wrist bands and here is the answer...

As of now, there is no way to obtain or purchase a wristband key. The wristband keys were only included with launch edition vehicles and it appears you have the adventure edition. We hope to make them available for purchase in the future in the gear shop. Once available for purchase, you will find the wristband here: https://rivian.com/gear-shop Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist!

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus

As of now, there is no way to obtain or purchase a wristband key. The wristband keys were only included with launch edition vehicles and it appears you have the adventure edition. We hope to make them available for purchase in the future in the gear shop. Once available for purchase, you will find the wristband here: https://rivian.com/gear-shop Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist!
Same canned response for years. Now with Gen2 (and beyond) supporting Apple Watch, don't hold your breath.

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

In the absence of OEM, I was hoping 3rd party would create something.

ActionableDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, LA Silver 22 Sport Bright
Occupation
Market Research Executive
Doesn't it kind of feel like a lot of money for a ring that only allows you to unlock your door?

Not sure if anyone else agrees, I thought we were talking about an Oura ring or something like it.

Maybe I am just cheap. :)

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Doesn't it kind of feel like a lot of money for a ring that only allows you to unlock your door?
Unlock your door... and drive your car. Electronic keys for modern cars are often expensive.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

On the exterior of the door, I'm curious how close you have to get to get it to recognize? My cards I have to basically lay on the door for it to get it. If the ring has to get that close, I'd be awfully concerned about scratching the thing.
In a YouTube video for CNick ring, he says that you don't have to touch the car with the ring, and he shows that he can hold his knuckle up to the car (so the ring is maybe a half inch away). He is doing this (in the video) on a Tesla, so it might be different on a Rivian.
https://teslaring.com/pages/how-it-works

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Out your fist against it....click on the link there is an example....if not get a small piece of PPF to cover the B pillar on the driver's side..
Sponsored