First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
Also SoCal here - VIN assigned last Thur 8/18 and was told yesterday 8/23 that it was now “in transit” on the train to SoCal. Guide (Erik) said on average the trip has been taking 15-20 days but hard to say. Hopefully s00n!

edited to add - hopefully it actually shipped last saturday or something but I didnt get the update until yesterday!
Sponsored

Last edited:

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (s00n- VIN assigned), Taco TRD
Well I finally figured out the delay. I noticed I had a new VIN # in my account, so I reached out and asked. Apparently it failed the final quality checks, so they found me a new truck and that one's in transit.

All of that is fine, I'd rather wait a few more weeks for a truck that is solid. The only bummer is my poor guide didn't get notified of the changes, so she didn't know to keep me informed. There's only so much she can do without proper tools and info.

But good news is my truck is in transit, and my timing (VIN assigned on Aug 2) isn't really indicative of a typical delivery.

SkySurfer787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
VIN/invitation to start the purchasing process: 7/25
Truck on rail (likely): 7/26
Call to schedule pick-up at West Sacramento SC: 8/19
Scheduled pick-up: 8/27 (though earlier dates were offered)

Good luck to all.

Did your guide keep you updated on status while you were waiting? Got my VIN a few days before you, haven't had any updates from my guide other than the 6 week estimate. Hoping it will be coming soon, i know they have a ton of Trucks sitting at the Costa Mesa service center right now so my guess is final inspection most likely has them backlogged.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Well I finally figured out the delay. I noticed I had a new VIN # in my account, so I reached out and asked. Apparently it failed the final quality checks, so they found me a new truck and that one's in transit.

All of that is fine, I'd rather wait a few more weeks for a truck that is solid. The only bummer is my poor guide didn't get notified of the changes, so she didn't know to keep me informed. There's only so much she can do without proper tools and info.

But good news is my truck is in transit, and my timing (VIN assigned on Aug 2) isn't really indicative of a typical delivery.
Where did you see that the VIN had been changed. Purchase Summary or somewhere else?

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (s00n- VIN assigned), Taco TRD
Where did you see that the VIN had been changed. Purchase Summary or somewhere else?
It's on there, it's also on the "Vehicle Overview" page in my account in the upper left corner. I'm glad I checked my VIN before so I knew what number it was before it changed, because there really wasn't anything obvious before and after.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
It's on there, it's also on the "Vehicle Overview" page in my account in the upper left corner. I'm glad I checked my VIN before so I knew what number it was before it changed, because there really wasn't anything obvious before and after.
Thanks

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Here's my update, for those watching train(s) coming to NorCal:

8/2021 pre-order R1T. Rivian Blue/black/20ATblack/underbody shield
8/2/22 8-steps started, VIN 98XX
8/4/22 7/8 steps done, guide confirmed on train to CA
8/23/22 guide confirmed truck arrived at South SF service center
8/26/22 Delivery appointment offered, first available appointment picked for 8/30/22

Interestingly, when offered a delivery appointment, I was offered one 1-hr slot on one day. Nothing else to choose from!

RFC1918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Porsche Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Took delivery this weekend after train transport at Phoenix, AZ service center.

LE R1T pre ordered 11/2020

Guide Contact - June 5th
8 Steps - July 9th
On Train - July 12th
At Service Center - Aug 15th
Ready for Pickup - Aug 23rd
Picked Up - Aug 27th

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
For any detailing minded folks curious about iron deposition with rail transit…

When I picked up my R1T from South SF, they said that they had put it though an iron bath to remove iron contaminants picked up en route.

I wanted to be extra sure before putting PPF on it this week, so did another iron remover decontamination.

Wasn’t too bad, but there was still a decent amount on the paint.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Transitioning to Railway Train Transport For Deliveries 44242A38-120E-4CFF-AFB3-E7F9D4D58CAF

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Transitioning to Railway Train Transport For Deliveries 5B547E63-311F-47E0-8ACB-B8B2E7A39E6B

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Took delivery this weekend after train transport at Phoenix, AZ service center.

LE R1T pre ordered 11/2020

Guide Contact - June 5th
8 Steps - July 9th
On Train - July 12th
At Service Center - Aug 15th
Ready for Pickup - Aug 23rd
Picked Up - Aug 27th
Thanks for sharing. My truck is en route to the Phoenix SC as well. R1 Shop order on 8/8. Was told it was on a train on 8/15, although I think it might have left 8/12. Regardless, I've been antsy, but seeing that yours took about 6-7 weeks. it helps reset my expectations. Guide originally told me 3-4 weeks.

Enjoy your truck!

Sponsored

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
Also SoCal here - VIN assigned last Thur 8/18 and was told yesterday 8/23 that it was now “in transit” on the train to SoCal. Guide (Erik) said on average the trip has been taking 15-20 days but hard to say. Hopefully s00n!

edited to add - hopefully it actually shipped last saturday or something but I didnt get the update until yesterday!
Just to update, in checking in with my guide, on last Monday 8/29 he said it had been checked in at some point in Kansas City. Then I checked with him again on Friday 9/2 and was told its last update was in Vegas. He says he only gets locations and not the actual date or time when it was there. That has me thinking that it’s moving faster than I thought and seriously hoping its at the El Segundo SC s00n and ready to go!

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
An item to be aware of, there is potentially a railway workers strike that could start Sept 16th. It is predicted that it may halt around 40% of the nation's freight traffic. If this were to happen, those of us that their R1 on a train carrier (either currently in transit or planned to be shipped) will potentially see delays to their delivery.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Just to update, in checking in with my guide, on last Monday 8/29 he said it had been checked in at some point in Kansas City. Then I checked with him again on Friday 9/2 and was told its last update was in Vegas. He says he only gets locations and not the actual date or time when it was there. That has me thinking that it’s moving faster than I thought and seriously hoping its at the El Segundo SC s00n and ready to go!
Any update on it arriving at the service center?

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
Any update on it arriving at the service center?
Negative. This last Tue I was told it has now shown as being “in California” but every day this week I’ve been told it hasn’t updated to being at the SC yet. Hoping for s00n cause I went ahead and sold my Tacoma since I had a good offer!

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
Negative. This last Tue I was told it has now shown as being “in California” but every day this week I’ve been told it hasn’t updated to being at the SC yet. Hoping for s00n cause I went ahead and sold my Tacoma since I had a good offer!
Another bummer of a guide update this morning. Truck still is not showing as being at the SC. He says the location shows to be Yermo CA (just outside Barstow) with a battery % of 61. Hmm. Let’s get moving!
Sponsored