First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Watch it now... you didnt follow forum rules.. Gonna get deleted!

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder what percentage of people who placed a reservation did so thinking they could transfer the reservation to the R3 if that happened to come out sooner.

From what I've read there are people internal in Rivian that want Rivian to release the R3 first.

I don't believe they will due to the need for profitability.

I'm honestly not sure why even bothered working on the R3 when they're so cash strapped. Maybe they're hoping to partner up with someone in Europe to build it.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I wonder what percentage of people who placed a reservation did so thinking they could transfer the reservation to the R3 if that happened to come out sooner.

From what I've read there are people internal in Rivian that want Rivian to release the R3 first.

I'm honestly not sure why even bothered working on the R3 when they're so cash strapped. Maybe they're hoping to partner up with someone in Europe to build it.
It's important to understand that what they choose to put in the R2 is affected by the design of the R3 and vice/versa. These products, based on the same platform, are not designed in isolation.

Same thing for probably most "series" of products such as phones, computers, spec houses, etc.

Much excitement that has been created in certain circles and Rivian has now "claimed" the EV "hot hatch" space.

OP
OP

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
Trying to sell that priority delivery? Nice try 😁
I have 2 reservations! 1 I created an account and reserved minutes 1. The other my wife used her existing customer Rivian account but took her 20 minutes uhhh. Hoping her priory 20 minutes will still beat out my new customer 1 minute reservation!

OP
OP

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
It's important to understand that what they choose to put in the R2 is affected by the design of the R3 and vice/versa. These products, based on the same platform, are not designed in isolation.

Same thing for probably most "series" of products such as phones, computers, spec houses, etc.

Much excitement that has been created in certain circles and Rivian has now "claimed" the EV "hot hatch" space.
I think it's awesome they showed an early preview into their future road map. Generated a ton of very positive buzz. Maybe help drum up some investors and much needed cash?

Sponsored

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure

Haha, I was one of them. I was on the eh, don’t need an R2, might get another R1 but then the second “one more thing” came out.After I placed my reservation I realized… wait a sec. This is for an R2, not an R3X.🤦🏻‍♂️

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Just become a youtube star and don't even order one till 2026 then you will magically cut everyone in line.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Hahah I'm being silly. That R3X ruined the R2 for me tho... I'm a huge hot hatch fan, shocked!
I'm just the opposite. Zero interest in the R3. The whole reason I like Rivian is that they make trucks and SUVs. Hot hatches have never interested me in the slightest. If I wanted a car, then I'd get something with a trunk. Hopefully, the R3 will be a big hit for Rivian though because they need something like that to offer the masses.
Sponsored