Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
When towing my boat with my R1T, I rarely (if ever) have back row passengers. Removing the back row headrests greatly improves my visibility --especially when backing up the trailer and boat. However, removing the headrests can be very cumbersome and annoying.

Forum member @raylepper provided me with a 3D printed tool that makes removing the tool fast and simple! See https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/2nd-row-headrest-removal-difficult.23505/post-471358

Thanks @raylepper

p.s. @RWerksman Please consider contacting @raylepper to see if you two can work out a deal. It's a niche use-case, but this tool has made my towing experience safer and more enjoyable.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Those damned things do instigate a bunch of cursing any time I need to adjust them. :swear:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Those damned things do instigate a bunch of cursing any time I need to adjust them. :swear:
Likely because they aren't adjustable...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Likely because they aren't adjustable...
Good point! I guess I should have said “any time I need to get under them”, which for me is to remove or install the dog hammock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AllInev

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Good point! I guess I should have said “any time I need to get under them”, which for me is to remove or install the dog hammock.
Well, I definitely recommend you get one of these tools. Allows you to literally (not figuratively literally, but the actual "literally") remove a headrest in a few seconds.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Worst part about the dog hammock/Rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S Shout out to forum member - Headrest Removal Tool (AWESOME!!!) 1000010904

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

This weekend I discovered that they are EXACTLY where I need to look if the trailer is at a 45 degree angle, exactly where no cameras can help, and I can't see through the headrest.
Sponsored