James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Has anyone had issues with the driver seat and wheel settings not being remembered/saved since the last update or two back? Mine never remembers the setting and I think that started recently. Currently on .42.01
I'm on 38 and returning to the remembered setting is a little hit and miss. The last couple of days it's been ok, but for the week prior I had to reset it every time I got in the vehicle. It would move to a position that was close to the one saved but off just enough to be annoying.
Sponsored

Preoccupy7513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
You definitely don’t need WiFi to get the notification (in vehicle and app) that an update is ready. I’m not sure about whether you can download it without wifi
I have seen people on here comment that they never have connected to wifi and have got updates! No wifi needed AFAIK (unless you have no ATT service in your area).

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I don't understand why so many are so terrified about OTA updates after the last incident. Once a company that size made a big QA mistake like 42.0, they will probably never (a least in the next couple of years) make the same mistake again; I'm sure Rivian had beef up their QA process.
Wasn't there another botched update that broke PaaK just this past April?

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I guess I wasn’t part of the first to get the update this time around.

flush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE El Cap
Occupation
tech
You can try to reset the steering wheel and driver's seat. That usually works for a while until you interrupt the steering wheel and/or driver seat movement when it is moving to your preferred setting (like using garage door opener while either component is moving). Then you'll need to reset both to quickly fix this again.

Usually what happens to me is, the position is off by a tiny bit, so i just keep adjusting it a tiny bit as well. I haven't reset these 2 since last update (I'm on 42.01) - the wheel+seat position is good now with a couple tiny adjustments.

I'm on 38 and returning to the remembered setting is a little hit and miss. The last couple of days it's been ok, but for the week prior I had to reset it every time I got in the vehicle. It would move to a position that was close to the one saved but off just enough to be annoying.

Sponsored

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
That was me. It may be a false alarm, because I've had sensor issues claiming my tailgate was open whenever I've launched the vehicle since taking delivery (the Tailgate Open warning would appear for half a second before disappearing). I'm now thinking that one of my latches just never worked, and it was opening like ÂĽ" on once side when I launch, tripping the sensor.

It has been 10 days since I tried opening my tailgate, so it's possible the other one is just failing, or harder to use in the cold.

Edit: @Cycliste FYI
I had this issue with my passenger side. Had the latch replaced last week and now no problemo.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Rolling out slower this time it feels like

PoweRWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I still haven’t upgraded past to the 0.38. I actually just checked my phone app and don’t see it there anymore lol.

I’ve been meaning to ask if folks would recommend doing the previous update?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I am still also running .38. .42.1 was on my app for several days. I didn't download it. It has now disappeared.

Brian

PoweRWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I still haven’t upgraded past to the 0.38. I actually just checked my phone app and don’t see it there anymore lol.

Well — looks like I just got the .46 update. I don’t think we’ll be updating it for another day or two.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We just received the notice to download .46.0. We have not downloaded .42.1. How does that work?

Brian

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect

Why

OP
OP
Cycliste

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Missed updates are applied in order until all the updates are completed. Your time spent updating will increase

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
Wasn't there another botched update that broke PaaK just this past April?
The April debacle wasn’t related to an update, but some outage in Rivian's systems.

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Funny enough I got an update indicator the other day for the same version I am currently on..however now my forward collision warning issue is now fixed! I can use Driver+ for the first time. It's actually not too bad..Anyways, waiting now to update to .46.
Sponsored