Sponsored

Sticker plates - best location to avoid interference with sensors/cameras?

ev_fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm in CA and am planning to get a sticker plate for the front to avoid the surround camera issue. I've heard that it can interfere with sensors if installed in the wrong place on a Tesla - is there a corresponding "right" or "wrong" place on the R1 (specifically the R1S)? i.e. are there any sensors behind the front bumper, esp. radar/ultrasonics, that could get inadvertently blocked?

I would expect putting it in the same place that they are mounted by Rivian should work, but just wanted to be sure that being slightly off won't cause any issues.

Photos would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian's radar is between the headlights.

Sponsored

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

I got a tow hook plate from here

It's a lot for what it is, but it works well with the plate holder that came with my R1S. You can adjust it on the tow hook before you tighten it up. And it fits between the ultrasonics, so no issue.

IMG_3817.jpg
Agree w tow hook options after reviewing avail options. Just remove prior to visiting the car wash. The back brace attachment has 3 different slots for attaching - can pick the outside slot to center the plate between the cameras so no interference w picture.

Rivian R1T R1S Sticker plates - best location to avoid interference with sensors/cameras? r1t

OP
OP
ev_fanatic

ev_fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Thanks for the links! I'm tending towards the sticker option since it is less likely to be stolen/messed around with and is okayed by CA DMV.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T