First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T dual performance, large battery
Occupation
Physician
I've recently had a warning to service the suspension system soon. I took delivery on Dec 23rd. There were some issues with the front sensors and camera on delivery for which I delayed fixing in exchange for crossbars. I've got about 4k miles and other than a couple ski trips and pot holes there hasn't really been any sort of damage or collisions to speak of. The front sensors are now not working again, not sure that's related. Hoping it is somehow related to just a sensor or something, but can't change modes or raise/lower the truck. Put in a service request obviously but just curious on people's thoughts and if there is any impending doom if I keep driving/put off service a couple weeks (center is 90 minutes away). Thanks for your thoughts!
Sponsored

Erikbecker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanical engineer
If your front sensor is acting up, it could mess with different things, and there might be a connection to your suspension system. I can't really figure out the problem without checking it out in person, but I'd suggest not waiting too long to get it looked at. If you're having trouble switching modes or adjusting the height, it could be a safety issue or lead to more damage if you don't get it sorted out soon.

Probably, your suspension has taken a bit of a beating from different terrains on some bumpy roads. Better get it checked out sooner rather than later!

Fencer

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
govt
50K+ trouble free miles suspension light came on. Hard reset cured it.

53K miles the troubled indication has returned. I lifted the truck and inspected all the connectors I could find. All tight. The warning light was intermittent after that. Suspension heights was responding as usual and air compressor was running as it was since day one.

For over a month there was no indication of "service suspension soon".

It popped again a couple weeks ago. I do hope it's a sensor issue the suspension system works perfect. Wx was harsh with icing and low temps for weeks.

Now "Service suspension" light appears every other day and stays on longer and longer... truck performs like a champ at 63K miles +

Will put a service request soon.

Last edited:

NDIrish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineering Operations Manager
Clubs

50K+ trouble free miles suspension light came on. Hard reset cured it.

53K miles the troubled indication has returned. I lifted the truck and inspected all the connectors I could find. All tight. The warning light was intermittent after that. Suspension heights was responding as usual and air compressor was running as it was since day one.

For over a month there was no indication of "service suspension soon".

It popped again a couple weeks ago. I do hope it's a sensor issue the suspension system works perfect. Wx was harsh with icing and low temps for weeks.

Now "Service suspension" light appears every other day and stays on longer and longer... truck performs like a champ at 63K miles +

Will put a service request soon.
Mine started doing the funny Service Suspension Soon errors this week. Did a 400mile trip Friday in Eco (no problem) home Saturday, back to All-Purpose. No Driving Sunday (rare).... Monday morning on way to work "Service Suspension Soon" Turtle mode kicked in. Took photo, submitted ticket, HARD Reset went in to work all day. Drove home no issue. Tuesday morning got to work light was on for SSS, I ignored, worked all day, got in to go home and light was out (weird). Tuesday I got a call from CustServ and I explained. They said "ok call if comes back on". Wednesday drove to work fine, went to leave and SSS light and turtle mode again. I got home reset it. Light was on again Thursday morning.

Waiting on call back about appointment to check it out

OP
OP

djhriv

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T dual performance, large battery
Occupation
Physician
At first, mine was intermittent but then became a daily occurrence. Thankfully, it never went into Turtle mode. A hard reset did nothing for it. They actually got me an appointment quickly since the red warning indicators are typically indicative of safety hazards (so you can play that card if they don't get you in promptly). Other than some bumpy rides, everything seemed to function otherwise normally. Ultimately, I lost circumferential sensors on the truck, not just the front. I was still told these two issues were not related, but they both apparently had to do with a calibration issue that was likely present when I took delivery.

Sadly, I'm a vascular surgeon and only understand plumbing analogies. The electronic details go a little over my head, and I apologize that I can't explain more. It's been about two weeks, and I've had no further problems. Hope you get a quick resolution too.
Sponsored